Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need the Lotulelei/ Hankins presence!

We have to have the Ngata style presence to help stop the run and get some pressure on QBs from the inside!

You've got no arguments from me! I have been saying we need an interior presence who can also pass rush. Both Star and Hankins can stop the run and provide a decent pass rush from the inside. If we're in position to take one of them, we better do it. If not, then a DE/OLB pass rusher would help like Bjoern Werner.

• 1 month later...

Right now we are getting no pass rush because Freeney and Mathis just crete the pocket from the outside, we have no one on the inside to flush the pocket and force the QB outside. I know its not likely against an NFL O Line, but, what we need is what Lotulelei did against USC. It is something we need and dont have anything close to.

I want Justin Hunter in the first. Plain and simple. He's going to be a stud, and I want him to be our future nr 1.

Other guys in round 1 are Dion Jordan, Matt Elam, Jonathan Banks, Chance Warmack.

national football post just had an article ripping hunter...which hunter's coach backed up. all the talent in the world, but doesn't work at it.

We dont need an NT in round 1. Our run D is not our biggest weakness, our pass D is. Unless the NT has out of the world pass rush moves, a pass rusher from the outside like an Aldon Smith type would do wonders for our D. Freeney is gone, I dont see him coming back. Get a pass rusher who can drop back in coverage that fits the 3-4 more.

However, if we invest in the secondary in free agency, we could have a different conversation.

I want TE'o as our Leader of Defense, and can build the Defense around him. Him or Jones should help our Front 7 a lot.

Ya have him lead a bunch of scrubs that shouldn't be on the field.Great idea. Trenches trenches trenches. Cory Redding can't stay healthy and Chapman has yet to get on the field. Also still sour from the last Ohio state lineman we took,,,Quinn Pitcock

I want Justin Hunter in the first. Plain and simple. He's going to be a stud, and I want him to be our future nr 1.

Other guys in round 1 are Dion Jordan, Matt Elam, Jonathan Banks, Chance Warmack.

Yes having Hunter will do us wonders when we are on our backup QB because luck got slaughtered. Other than QB and TE, the last thing we need to draft is a WR.

We dont need an NT in round 1. Our run D is not our biggest weakness, our pass D is. Unless the NT has out of the world pass rush moves, a pass rusher from the outside like an Aldon Smith type would do wonders for our D. Freeney is gone, I dont see him coming back. Get a pass rusher who can drop back in coverage that fits the 3-4 more.

However, if we invest in the secondary in free agency, we could have a different conversation.

i agree with the #1 need on offense being olb...lotulelei isn't a nt in a 34 imo

It's amazing how good he's gotten in only 2 years of football. He's got the physical tools Pierre Paul had and has had about as much production as him. His potential is unlimited.

I'd have to see him in action before I said yes but based on 2 years of play and not much production I certainly wouldnt use a 1st on him and if Jenkins is still around in the 3rd thats where I would draft Jenkins if we cant find a way to get our 2nd back (slim chance of that) I'd use a 2nd on Jenkins if he is healthy and Jenkins has first round talent