Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib

PrincetonTiger

This was for his use of Adderall, a psychostimulant used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. It has also been used by many students to help them gain a competitive advantage when studying. This guy has been so much trouble since entering the league. In fact, many people were surprised that the Bucs didn't get rid of him over the offseason

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079902/article/aqib-talib-of-buccaneers-suspended-four-games-for-adderall-use?module=HP11_headline_stack

Not surprised at all... at least he's saying the right things. TBH, I was hoping the Bucs would cut him when those rumors were floated so we could grab him on the cheap via the Morris connection but I wouldn't have expected him to play in more than 6 games had that happened. Great player, not a very good person by all accounts.

Janoris Jenkins hasn't done anything...

The sentence is incomplete, IMO...

Janoris Jenkins hasn't done anything..... yet. And the key word there is 'yet'

It's the fear of what he ***might*** do that made him fall into the 2nd round. Lots of teams didn't want to take that chance.

For a 2nd round pick, I'm glad the Colts weren't one of them.

The sentence is incomplete, IMO...

Janoris Jenkins hasn't done anything..... yet. And the key word there is 'yet'

It's the fear of what he ***might*** do that made him fall into the 2nd round. Lots of teams didn't want to take that chance.

For a 2nd round pick, I'm glad the Colts weren't one of them.

Get off your high horse, Talib has done a list of wrong things...Jenkins got caught smoking a few times...he's a kid they make mistakes....you must be perfect.

Get off your high horse, Talib has done a list of wrong things...Jenkins got caught smoking a few times...he's a kid they make mistakes....you must be perfect.

Really? Seriously? You think he fell only because he smoked a few times?

Guess you didn't hear about the fights with teammates....

Guess you didn't hear about the 4 children he has with 3 women....

His house has lots of over-sized closets told hold all the skeletons he has!

And why are you focused on me? I'm hardly alone here on this website in being concerned about Jenkins. Lots of people were/are. The guy brings his own giant set of luggage wherever he goes. The kids has issues.

He maybe freakishly talented, but he's got issues. That's the reality of things whether you like it or not....

Really? Seriously? You think he fell only because he smoked a few times?

Guess you didn't hear about the fights with teammates....

Guess you didn't hear about the 4 children he has with 3 women....

His house has lots of over-sized closets told hold all the skeletons he has!

And why are you focused on me? I'm hardly alone here on this website in being concerned about Jenkins. Lots of people were/are. The guy brings his own giant set of luggage wherever he goes. The kids has issues.

He maybe freakishly talented, but he's got issues. That's the reality of things whether you like it or not....

Maybe because you called him out for no reason....besides if having multiple children from different women and a few squabbles with teammates makes you a poor football player unworthy to play in the NFL we wouldnt have anything to do on Sundays as there would be no league....Reality??? Please...

Maybe because you called him out for no reason....besides if having multiple children from different women and a few squabbles with teammates makes you a poor football player unworthy to play in the NFL we wouldnt have anything to do on Sundays as there would be no league....Reality??? Please...

I didn't say unworthy of playing in the NFL..... I said I didn't want to spend a 2nd round pick on him.

The on-going debate here, is those who wanted the Colts to take him instead of Fleener. There are a number of fans who think that way.

The other fans felt the risk for taking a kid with a very troubled past was too great for spending the 34th pick overall on him.

That's the debate. So, Jenkins reminds me of Talib. A talented kid with lots of off the field issues.

Hope that clarifies....

Jenkins had first round talent. I don't think comparing his talent to anyone in the second round is relevant. His character issues scared several teams off, including the Rams who took him.

As for Talib, it's interesting to me that so many players have been suspended this season for Adderall. Makes me wonder what the deal with Adderall is. I've taken it before, and I know that it can be addictive, but I don't understand the benefit it would have for NFL players. Are they using it to mask something else? I know it's a stimulant, but is it really a PED? This wave of suspensions makes me wonder even more about the NFL's substance abuse policy and whether it should be retooled entirely.

Jenkins had first round talent. I don't think comparing his talent to anyone in the second round is relevant. His character issues scared several teams off, including the Rams who took him.

As for Talib, it's interesting to me that so many players have been suspended this season for Adderall. Makes me wonder what the deal with Adderall is. I've taken it before, and I know that it can be addictive, but I don't understand the benefit it would have for NFL players. Are they using it to mask something else? I know it's a stimulant, but is it really a PED? This wave of suspensions makes me wonder even more about the NFL's substance abuse policy and whether it should be retooled entirely.

agreed

Ah-HA!!!! BUSTED!!!

You ADMIT to have taken Adderall before! And you wonder if it's a Performance Enhancing Drug. Well... clearly, in your case, with nearly 4500 posts, it's a Posting Enhancing Drug!!! You couldn't post so much and so well without it, my Super friend!

We're all wise to you now......

Do we have a Commish on this website? Do you needed to be suspended from posting for at least a few minutes?!?!?

You know, like an extended time-out!

Then you could appeal your suspension like the Saints players have!

I think we've now uncovered the seedy under-belly of the world of prolific posters...... and a dark, dark world it is.... :cool:

p.s. -- clearly one of us has too much time on their hands... and re-reading my own post, I fear the answer is me!! :thmup: