Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Featured Game on CBS

PrincetonTiger

It seems odd. The 2009 Colts that started 14-0 and went to a Super Bowl was not the featured broadcast on CBS till they got to the AFC Title game that season. I think it speaks to their just not being a lot of good AFC games this week. The best one is on MNF with Peyton and the Chargers. The Texans game is on NBC although it would be Fox if it was not a prime-time game. The Ravens are also on Fox so that just leaves the Pats who are playing the Seahawks as about the only other realistic choice and I am guessing whoever makes these decisions for CBS probably listened to Nantz and Simms who would rather stay on the east coast than going all the way to Seattle. I guess you could argue for the Bills and Cardinals but again I think CBS sees a major media market in the Jets vs. a team who people want to see the top over all draft pick coming off a huge upset and who frankly kinda been a major story in the NFL since this off-season. I think people around the country are curious to see what the Colts look like with Luck after all the talk about Manning leaving this off-season.

It's an interesting game. It's a must win for the boisterous Jets and the media circus they are, and we made a HUGE splash last week, and a win this week could turn us into the Cinderella story of this season.

Not to mention the media is hungry to see Luck put on another show like last week's so they can feast on that for a while...

Anyone remember when Simms (who had criticized Luck's arm) was on the Grady and Big Joe show?

Page 91 11/3/11

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2160

Really fun to go back and listen to what was said after last season.

I can't wait to hear what Simms has to say this week. And as far as "zip on he ball goes" ... Andrew has it. and more.

Maybe they'll know a few of the Colts names. We've been getting some really bad teams announcing. I'd synch up the radio but it would have to be redone every time I change the channel during the breaks.

I do that all the time... delay kinda sucks but... wat the hey...

and i get stuck watching Atl demolish Oak. . . .maybe like last week they will switch games so I can watch the colts again. . .otherwise I have to watch by other means. . . I can say besides the sun(Its too hot in CA) missing the colts games makes CA suck!!!!!!!! I'm going to have 90 degree temps next week. . .smh

I don't really know about featured game. It is Jim Nanzt and Phil Simms, but it's at 1pm, and CBS doesn't have a doubleheader this week, Fox does, Dallas @ Baltimore and NY @ SF regionally speaking and will be much more popular games.

I don't really know about featured game. It is Jim Nanzt and Phil Simms, but it's at 1pm, and CBS doesn't have a doubleheader this week, Fox does, Dallas @ Baltimore and NY @ SF regionally speaking and will be much more popular games.

"Featured" game simply means it will be broadcast to the largest portion of the country by the network covering the game (in this case CBS). Nantz and Simms are CBS number 1 announce crew and will announce this game, their games aren't always the featured game,

"Featured" game simply means it will be broadcast to the largest portion of the country by the network covering the game (in this case CBS). Nantz and Simms are CBS number 1 announce crew and will announce this game, their games aren't always the featured game,

Yeah that's what I was saying, CBS doesn't really have a featured game this week because they only have a singleheader, Fox has the big games this week.