Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Mike Hamlin

Balzer40

hmmm interesting sign. I think he is similar to the other free agents we have signed meaning that he was injury ridden and never reached his full potential. Lets hope he can learn our system. He is coming from the Cowboys and jags which is totally different from our Tampa 2 defense. I like the fact that we are upgrading our positions as much as we can. Go Polian!

Don't know much about him but here is his scouting link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=32904&draftyear=2009&genpos=SS

Says the the guy was rated #4 out of 144 SS's. You can get a good idea of his potential by reading the scouting report however his professional career has been next to nothing. Mainly injuries and getting beat out by other safeties.

Don't know much about him but here is his scouting link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=32904&draftyear=2009&genpos=SS

Says the the guy was rated #4 out of 144 SS's. You can get a good idea of his potential by reading the scouting report however his professional career has been next to nothing. Mainly injuries and getting beat out by other safeties.

Huh! Chip Vaughn was rated #3 in that same draft.

Well during the draft there was some hype about him being are pretty good saftey, he isnt fast though good size but not much speed... Guess we'll have to see what he can do.

Fortunately, our safeties just have to cover a zone.

This is another, high-potential, low-risk maneuver from our brilliant front office. We're getting depth in an area where we have some concern, while replacing someone (Vaughn) who had great athleticism, but was a *.

Free Safety correct?

SS = Bullitt & Joe Lefeged.

FS = Bethea & _________?

Hamlin can't be worse than David Caldwell who started in place of Bethea vs Packers. He was terrible. He and Lacey on the same side of the field was more than I could take.

Fortunately, our safeties just have to cover a zone.

This is another, high-potential, low-risk maneuver from our brilliant front office. We're getting depth in an area where we have some concern, while replacing someone (Vaughn) who had great athleticism, but was a *.

True, this has to be the best depth chart the colts have had in a decade lol i cant remember the last time the colts had so many 1st rounds on defense.

yes i was joking!but maybe hamlin can help in the end zone he is is taller than our other dbs

Whew! I was hoping you were kidding. (Although I DO miss Bob)

I read some of your other posts that were a little off the beaten path so I wasn't sure.

Sounds like you're a little "out there" (sense of humor wise) like me.

btw, anyone remember what we SAVED this year by letting Sanders go? I hope it was a bunch, otherwise, if it was only 3 or 4 million(only...how funny does that sound), I probably would have just accepted the 4 or 5 games he plays a year. But I would have sat his * on the bench until the playoffs. Then, if we were lucky in the playoffs, we'd get his 3 or 4 games a year.

They need to sign K.Hayden back! :cuss: :pullhair:

I think it still could happen. As long as Hayden's ego doesn't get in the way.

He should remember Polian drafted him higher than most expected. Heck, didn't he shift to CB his college senior year?

No one has picked him up. Colts type of defensive players don't always fit other teams schemes.

Real cuts haven't even happened yet, after cuts there will be more of "his quality" CBs on the market.

This has 2 advantages. 1. His pricetag(value) will go down. 2. There might be a better option available.

He may be ok. Working for the Cowboys can be tough. I really dont think they can make a player better with jerry Jones standing over all parts of the operation.

He couldn't get on the field with the Boys or the Jags, so I'm not expecting him to be a star right away.

But he was pretty good in the original Clash of the Titans.

Just going by highlights and scouts, he looks to fit our system of zone coverage and bringing a SS into the box quickly to help with the run... I hope he adds some good depth. Now if we just imporve at CB our D is lookin pretty good. We have some young guys that if they can step up they can make our D scary (Thomas, Rucker, Hughes, Nevis to name a few)