Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh upset helps Colts

oldunclemark

If you buy into the Colts playoff chances (I do)

the 3rd Pittsburgh loss in 5 games is a bg deal...

We can hand the Jets a 4th loss...and Denver ( who will win the AFC West because the 2nd half of their schedule is soft) can give SD a 3rd loss...

..a win Sunday positions us for wild card run.....

and we get to face a couple of of the teams (like Miami) that we need to beat for the card.

If you buy into the Colts playoff chances (I do)

the 3rd Pittsburgh loss in 5 games is a bg deal...

We can hand the Jets a 4th loss...and Denver ( who will win the AFC West because the 2nd half of their schedule is soft) can give SD a 3rd loss...

..a win Sunday positions us for wild card run.....

and we get to face a couple of of the teams (like Miami) that we need to beat for the card.

Not quite Dear God worthy, but close. How about a...

My goodness.

How about they play at least half the season before trying to determine playoff scenarios.

It could help or hurt. Tennesse looked better than I thought last night, so they could give us a better game than I thought with the extra little confidence. On the other hand Pitts D doesnt look the same with all their injuries and getting up in age.

I thought Tennesse was awful...Pitt gave them the game....we have to beat Tenn to qualify for the wild card...under any scenario

In the standings..that's a PItttsbugh loss...and we dont play them.

If they're 2nd in their division (which seems likely)...we need them behind us...

It's way too early to tell whether it would help or hinder.

It could come down to Pitt/Indy fighting for a wild card and then it would obviously help. It's just too early to being speculation no matter what the record is.

Its early, granted,,,,,,I agree.

but its likely to come down to Pitt-Indy or Pitt-SD or Pitt-SD or Pitt-Cincy for the card...

early losses count, too..and that's 3 for Pitt

WE cant realistically expect to win our division....so if you buy into our playoffs chance (and, again, I do)

we have to be the wild card.....

We play the AFC east..we can take care of those teams ourselves...

but we dont play Pitt and Cincy.........if we win Sunday...we have 2 losses..Cincy has 2, Pitt has 3

If denver beats SD, they BOTH have 3 losses...

I think its big in the long run...but i could be proven wrong 2 months from now

Its early, granted,,,,,,I agree.

but its likely to come down to Pitt-Indy or Pitt-SD or Pitt-SD (I meant Pitt-Denver) or Pitt-Cincy for the card...

early losses count, too..and that's 3 for Pitt

WE cant realistically expect to win our division....so if you buy into our playoffs chance (and, again, I do)

we have to be the wild card.....

We play the AFC east..we can take care of those teams ourselves...

but we dont play Pitt and Cincy.........if we win Sunday...we have 2 losses..Cincy has 2, Pitt has 3

If denver beats SD, they BOTH have 3 losses...

I think its big in the long run...but i could be proven wrong 2 months from now

GB win was big but we still lost to JV @ home. I'm not sure I buy them beating all the low-mid tier teams just yet. Pending on how they handle the hostile environment @ NY might change my view.

I really don't have an idea how this team will do yet but at least we can drop the 0-2 wins scenario.

Look at the final 8 games of the Denver's schedule.

Barring injury to Manning, that's a likely 7-1.....

That's why.

Complete and utter nonsense. Pretty much the same Schedule as San Diego. If SD sweep the Broncos, then they will win the division. You sound like because they have Manning they don't even need to turn up. I think it will be a close run thing, but I'm edging towards SD.

Complete and utter nonsense. Pretty much the same Schedule as San Diego. If SD sweep the Broncos, then they will win the division. You sound like because they have Manning they don't even need to turn up. I think it will be a close run thing, but I'm edging towards SD.

Me too. The Chargers are poised for a run this year.

You didnt even look at the schedules, did you?? :rulez:

SD (in the 2nd half) plays Pittsburgh, Baltimore at Denver and at NYJ

....Denver is through with Pittsburgh hosts SD this week...they dont go to NY.

Denver has a 7-1 second half and if they go 4-4 in the first half...

they'll be hosting the Colts in that wild card game.

Get your tickets now :shoe:

You didnt even look at the schedules, did you?? :rulez:

SD (in the 2nd half) plays Pittsburgh, Baltimore at Denver and at NYJ

....Denver is through with Pittsburgh hosts SD this week...they dont go to NY.

Denver has a 7-1 second half and if they go 4-4 in the first half...

they'll be hosting the Colts in that wild card game.,

Get your tickets now :shoe:

Is that the Pitt that crumbled to the Titans, Is that the Jets that no one fears? See, two can play that game. They have to play the games. If they go 7-1 then they deserve it. Of course I checked the schedule. Don't be so arrogant to think that just because I don't see things the same way as you means I couldn't have possibly looked at it.

Why people are assuming the Bronces will finish atop the Chargers is a bit of a mystery to me also.....

The Broncos aren't lighting the world on fire, but the Chargers haven't created any kind of separation themselves. They're a game ahead at this point. They have injury issues. They have questions defensively. They play some pretty good defensive teams, coming up. The Broncos schedule gets a little easier. I think that's going to be a season-long battle. This Monday's game ought to be a good one.

The Broncos aren't lighting the world on fire, but the Chargers haven't created any kind of separation themselves. They're a game ahead at this point. They have injury issues. They have questions defensively. They play some pretty good defensive teams, coming up. The Broncos schedule gets a little easier. I think that's going to be a season-long battle. This Monday's game ought to be a good one.

Agreed. I am not saying the Broncos won't win it, but they are not the shoo-in certain people are making out. The schedules don't look that much different to me....

Is that the Pitt that crumbled to the Titans, Is that the Jets that no one fears? See, two can play that game. They have to play the games. If they go 7-1 then they deserve it. Of course I checked the schedule. Don't be so arrogant to think that just because I don't see things the same way as you means I couldn't have possibly looked at it.

You said the schedules were the same and they arent.......Maybe you misread the schedule ansd that's why you called what I said nonsene when it was true

Obviously they have to play the games.

But they dont play the same teams.

I'm looking ahead..you dont have to...

But the Denver schedule in the second half of the season is 7-1 waiting to happen

Agreed. I am not saying the Broncos won't win it, but they are not the shoo-in certain people are making out. The schedules don't look that much different to me....

I guess there's wide gap between 'not making it' and 'shoo-in;' admitted..and accepted

But really........which of the last 8 do you think Denver will lose.

Not which ones COULD they lose. they could lose them all or win them all

Which of the last 8 do you think they WILL lose.?

factor that into their record and the outlook is very, very bright if Denver tops SD Sunday

Arrogant? I'm being optimistic

But the last half Denver's schedule is NOT the same as SDs....right?

Apology accepted/.

I don't know if anyone is making them out to be a shoo-in, but regardless, the Chargers don't have the division sewn up. Things might look a lot different on Tuesday. And they'll still have ten games left, plus another head to head. So the division hasn't really taken shape just yet.

Arrogant? I'm being optimistic

But the last half Denver's schedule is NOT the same as SDs....right?

Apology accepted/.

Read my post again. 'much the same'. I think I said. They play:

Denver:

Home: Saints / Buccs / Browns / Chiefs Road: Bengals / Panthers / Chiefs / Raiders / Ravens

Chargers:

Home: Chiefs / Ravens / Bengals / Panthers / Raiders Road: Browns / Buccs / Steelers / Jets

Ignoring the fact that they play each other and common opponents, that leaves Saints / Chiefs for the Broncs and Steelers /Jets for the Bolts.

I say Broncos lose to SD, Ravens and Saints at least. Chargers lose to Steelers and Broncos (and 50-50 Ravens) at least. Clearly they could both lose any of the other games, but for arguments sake, let's assume they won't. Broncos win 10, Chargers 11.5

The childish 'apology' thingy I won't linger on.

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but I'm having a difficult time getting excited that other middle of the road teams have one more loss on their record than we do.

Plenty of ball left.

Yes, if we sweep the Titans, we'll have something over Pit, all other things being equal. However, I'm not even convinced Pit would be who we'd be challenging. There are plenty of disappointing AFC teams this year who could be our competition. So, yes, it's looking better, but if we don't take care of our own, it's moot.

I will say though, if we're on the up-swing, instead of a roller coaster right now, all of the surprising teams in the AFC are to the negative side.

That does bode well for us.

But, let's make sure we're on the up-swing first.

I think we have to win more than one in a row to consider ourselves on the upswing.

The win against the Packers was a big deal, but it's still just one game. Let's see what we look like this time next week, and maybe even two weeks from now. Like you say, let's make sure we're on the upswing first.

I think we have to win more than one in a row to consider ourselves on the upswing.

The win against the Packers was a big deal, but it's still just one game. Let's see what we look like this time next week, and maybe even two weeks from now. Like you say, let's make sure we're on the upswing first.

Absolutely. We're going to be arguing anything from playoffs to 1st overall draft pick until there's consistency (either way).

If we get our first road win on Sunday, it will be a big step for this young team. Playoffs are wayyy off in the distance, but not off the table... would be awesome, but I'm not ready to give it serious consideration yet.... too many bears fans where i live to get away with such loose talk.

First things first we have to put ourselves in poistion to make the Steelers game help us. These next five games are going to probably going to tell us if the Colts have an honest shot at the playoffs this year or not. Honestly this is the weakest stretch of our schedule so I would say if we are going to the playoffs we have to go at worst 4-1 in our next five games. That would makes us 6-3 with seven games to play. In that seven games would include road trips to New England, Detroit, and Houston as well as Houston at home which would probably mean something at the end of the year if the Colts are going to the playoffs. The Colts would need to find away to win one of those while sweeping games against the Bills and Titans at home and at KC on the road to end up 10-6 which would probably get them in the playoffs. That's going to be a tall order for a team that was 2-14 last year and has as many key injuries as we have and is missing our head coach. Frankly if we end up 8-8 I would be very happy with this season.

The next 5 Games are "Winnable", but doesn't mean we're gonna "Win" them.

Example: The JAX Game was "Winnable", but look what happened. Now, we could spend all Weekend saying what shouldn't, could've, didn't etc. etc. Happen in the Game for us to Win. Bottomline, we Lost. Just cause the game is "Winnable", doesn't mean we'll Win. Remember, "Any Given Sunday, Monday, or Thursday"