Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Emotion Be There Sunday?

Smonroe

A lot of the talking heads are doubting that a "young" team can play with the same emotion two weeks in row. Some have even said that this could be a let down for us and a Jets blowout.

I know that emotion only takes you so far, and talent eventually wins out.

I think we have a pretty talented team and match up pretty well against the Jets.

Thought? Will the ChuckStrong emotion be there?

Good question... and I've seen the same reports about an eventual let down for the Colts.

I'm worried about it too.

The let down of emotion, the latest wave of injuries, the desperation of the Jets not to go 2-4, and the Colts being on the road all combine to tell me this could be a very tough game for us. Very.

Color me concerned. I know our coaches are on top of this. But with a team as young and as injured as we are, I'm worried.....

Jets blow out? Just wow, I mean they could win I guess but blow out? That's just outlandish, i mean blow us out with what? They don't even have a legit passing game. They might be better suited to play in the CFL or AFL at this point. OP is right if emotion gives out, our talent will win out.

I don't think the emotion is gone and IF the Jets come to fight, the emotion will only go up IMO.

I don't think we can match the same emotion as last week... but we should not have to. we have to show up and execute. if the team shows up expecting to match last weeks emotion we will look silly. last week was last week. The media is trying to find something to talk about. Much is said about the Jets desperate to not go 2-4... well we don't want want to go 2-3 but i guess that means nothing to these talking heads lol.

I don't think we will have the same type of emotion that we did last week, I think we will have a also very powerful emotion. Confidence. Not over confidence, but trust and belief in their teammates and themselves that they can get this done, that they can comeback from any wrong turn. Hopefully we see a full 60 minutes out of these guys, they will not lost faith.

I don't feel like emotion plays the kind of role we tend to attribute it. If it did, we would have rolled out of the gate against GB and not been down 21-3 at halftime. Chuckstrong is a cute little story, and the media will exploit it, but the head coach being in the hospital did not help motivate the team. The second half happened because we played better, they played softer, we made adjustments, they stayed stagnant. Also.......Reggie Wayne. Baller.

This has all the makings of a classic trap game because the Colts are set up for a let down coming off a huge win going on the road for the first time in a month and for a lot of these players only the second time they will be going on the road in their careers going up against a team playing for it's life and who has experienced players.

It's going to be hard to get the kind of emotion they had on Sunday for two reasons it's on the road and you wont have the crowd to feed them and it's the second time they are playing like this. Generally speaking playing off something like this only lasts for a game.

they shouldn't be playing for Coach Pagano in my opinion, winning or losing wont cure his cancer, they should play for themselves and there teammates and to improve and get better as a team

I must slightly disagree with You. They should win for Coach, but not for "curing cancer", but fulfilling his work he's done with the team. Colts is injury torn...again. But Pagano's next man up philosophy may get us over difficulties more effectively than earlier philosophies did last season.

I'm worried about this game too. We have a young team, and our production may be roller-coaster-like this season. So far we did better against "big" teams (Vikes get their only L against us, and we took down Packs). Experts give 50% chance for us winning.

IF we can stop run (Tebow), IF we can protect Luck and provide him a little more time, IF we won't miss any chance to score, IF we will be consistent through this game we will have a good chance to win in spite of every difficulties we have...

GO COLTS!!! Guinness is ready! I don't want to wait two weeks again to have it!

Good question... and I've seen the same reports about an eventual let down for the Colts.

The let down of emotion, the latest wave of injuries, the desperation of the Jets not to go 2-4, and the Colts being on the road all combine to tell me this could be a very tough game for us. Very.

Color me concerned. I know our coaches are on top of this. But with a team as young and as injured as we are, I'm worried.....

As WE should be... This is "THE SCARIEST GAME OF THE SEASON"

IMO. It is HUGE on so many fronts.... for BOTH teams.

I can't wait. At least Colt folk are secure in the knowing that TEBOW won't be arching lollipops for us any time soon.

hehehehe...

I'll make sure its there..I didn't spend all that money on tickets to see them lose! :cuss:

na but seriously we have enough veterans on this squad to keep the rest of team focused..and like I said in an earlier thread..the Jets playing the Texans so closely on MNF is a great thing for us because now we know what to expect..which is to expect the unexpected when playing a desperate team like the Jets..they're like a wounded animal and Rex Ryan will do whatever to get a W..

I must slightly disagree with You. They should win for Coach, but not for "curing cancer", but fulfilling his work he's done with the team. Colts is injury torn...again. But Pagano's next man up philosophy may get us over difficulties more effectively than earlier philosophies did last season.

I'm worried about this game too. We have a young team, and our production may be roller-coaster-like this season. So far we did better against "big" teams (Vikes get their only L against us, and we took down Packs). Experts give 50% chance for us winning.

IF we can stop run (Tebow), IF we can protect Luck and provide him a little more time, IF we won't miss any chance to score, IF we will be consistent through this game we will have a good chance to win in spite of every difficulties we have...

GO COLTS!!! Guinness is ready! I don't want to wait two weeks again to have it!

HCF.. I agree with Gavin here emotion only carries a team so far... And it can totally WRECK one the following week.

The Big Tuna said all the time... "you are what your record says you are" ....

This is a BIG game for Indianapolis.

As WE should be... This is "THE SCARIEST GAME OF THE SEASON"

IMO. It is HUGE on so many fronts.... for BOTH teams.

I can't wait. At least Colt folk are secure in the knowing that TEBOW won't be arching lollipops for us any time soon.

hehehehe...

I think "THE SCARIEST GAME OF THE SEASON" is the dolphins game in a few weeks..they are way more talented than this Jets team we're playing..shoot I'm a little more worried about the Browns who i think are better than what their record indicates..

HCF.. I agree with Gavin here emotion only carries a team so far... And it can totally WRECK one the following week.

The Big Tuna said all the time... "you are what your record says you are" ....

This is a BIG game for Indianapolis.

I didn't mean they should tune up emotions again... A team is allays playing for its Coach, and for themselves of course.

This game will be crucial for both teams, as You've mentioned it. If Colts win first road game,this win may give that extra confidence that is needed for further games.

For Jets...Rex Ryan may find himself on a hot seat IMO, and Sanchez will lose his job as starter QB after a L.

I love Big Tuna quotes ... "when a game looks equal, which team NEEDS IT THE MOST" ....

and bet accordingly....

So... who needs IT the MOST?

I am really worried about this game. Not Luck, but .... EVERYONE else....

I didn't mean they should tune up emotions again... A team is allays playing for its Coach, and for themselves of course.

This game will be crucial for both teams, as You've mentioned it. If Colts win first road game,this win may give that extra confidence that is needed for further games.

For Jets...Rex Ryan may find himself on a hot seat IMO, and Sanchez will lose his job as starter QB after a L.

I think "THE SCARIEST GAME OF THE SEASON" is the dolphins game in a few weeks..they are way more talented than this Jets team we're playing..shoot I'm a little more worried about the Browns who i think are better than what their record indicates..

Indy has got to beat the JETS ... FIRST...

To start all this ............................................................................................................

dare I say ooptomism.. >>>> ?????

BABY STEPS... yall..

but I will be the first to say... IF INDY beats the ... J E T S ... Jets...

This is a legit playoff contender..

The schedule is SO soft.... and HOUSTON at the end, the last 2 of 3.

This is working out to be a Lovely scenario....

Yes, a win could be a turning point for our Colts...and Andrew...leading his team to PO in his rookie year after a disastrous season...

The colts don't need to be chuckstrong.... they just have to beat the pulp out of Sanchez... the jets oline aren't as bad as the packers but their qb dont make the best decisions either.. if there is gonna be a blowout its gonna be the colts doing it.

The colts don't need to be chuckstrong.... they just have to beat the pulp out of Sanchez... the jets oline aren't as bad as the packers but their qb dont make the best decisions either.. if there is gonna be a blowout its gonna be the colts doing it.

Do you really see the Jets losing three in a row? They played Houston pretty tough, they're better than a lot of people here want to believe.

Also...I'm apart of the school of thought that says that Houston isn't all the way there yet...the most complete team in the AFC is The Brady Bunch...Houston doesnt have an air attack..their best receiver isn't AJ its their TE Daniel, they rely primarily on the run (which isnt a bad philosophy as Foster hasnt been shut down) but that's all they have going for them...their defense is stellar but I'm not sure if I'm sold on their secondary, they havent met a formidable passing offense yet.

I think the scariest game of the season is the game you're getting ready to play, and that's the case every week. If we treat this game or the Dolphins game like it's special, that suggests that we will have somehow accomplished something. Really, we could win out through the Dolphins game, and still not come close to making the playoffs.

Against the Jets, I just hope we can play a good first half, and then follow that up with a solid second half. I hope we take care of the football. I hope we don't give up big plays on defense. I hope we're solid on special teams. I hope we tackle well. If we do those things, then we'll have a chance to win the game.

And those are the things I hope we do every week. We showed against the Packers that we could do most of that in the second half. If we can improve on our first half performance, and just continue with our positive momentum, then this time next week we'll be looking for more improvements as we get ready for the Browns.

I don't feel like emotion plays the kind of role we tend to attribute it. If it did, we would have rolled out of the gate against GB and not been down 21-3 at halftime. Chuckstrong is a cute little story, and the media will exploit it, but the head coach being in the hospital did not help motivate the team. The second half happened because we played better, they played softer, we made adjustments, they stayed stagnant. Also.......Reggie Wayne. Baller.

Emotion tends to affect how people think, and the way players think affects their play. Their emotion did make them play harder and better. Their emotion made them very determined to out play their man.

Emotion tends to affect how people think, and the way players think affects their play. Their emotion did make them play harder and better. Their emotion made them very determined to out play their man.

If the emotion from Chuck's illness was there, it would have been there right out of the gate and they wouldn't have been down 21-3. If I watch a motivational video on Youtube, I might feel good about it for a few minutes, but as soon as things start happening the motivation from the video would be way in the back of my head. At that point it's just on you. I know it's a bad example, but my point is these guys won because they were better on Sunday and our coaches made the necessary adjustments.....man it feels nice to give props to our coaches for a change.

If the emotion from Chuck's illness was there, it would have been there right out of the gate and they wouldn't have been down 21-3. If I watch a motivational video on Youtube, I might feel good about it for a few minutes, but as soon as things start happening the motivation from the video would be way in the back of my head. At that point it's just on you. I know it's a bad example, but my point is these guys won because they were better on Sunday and our coaches made the necessary adjustments.....man it feels nice to give props to our coaches for a change.

I just don't think they executed well in the first half and there was more emotion in the 2nd half because they were getting beat, it made them want to win it even more., like they were p.o. that they were losing. They could've hung their heads, instead they got angry and determined.

A lot of the talking heads are doubting that a "young" team can play with the same emotion two weeks in row. Some have even said that this could be a let down for us and a Jets blowout.

I know that emotion only takes you so far, and talent eventually wins out.

I think we have a pretty talented team and match up pretty well against the Jets.

Thought? Will the ChuckStrong emotion be there?

I hope not.

I thought it was emotion that killed us in the first half of the GB game. Reggie was one of the few whom kept his emotion in check through the whole game. He played with ferocity but it was focused.

I believe a lot of folks are misconstruing why we won on Sunday. I honestly don't believe that many of our players actually thought we were good enough to win and at some point during the game they dropped the emotions and just played focused. We won because we're that good.

If we want to claim that it was emotion that won the day, than we're claiming that the Colts aren't that good of a team. I believe we are that good and our Colts would be better served to drop the emotional ploy and play with confidence.

I am hoping that the win last week has shown this team what they are capable of and that they carry THAT through the rest of the season

Yes! Believe you can win. But ultimately it comes down to preparation and each player winning their assignment.

Besides the usual suspects (Luck, Reggie, Dwight) I'll be real interested in seeing how Hughes and Ballard perform as starters.

I'm sure the emotion will be there in some shape or form, but how much the emotion effects the outcome is a different matter. The Jets are 31st in the NFL in run defense, which could be a huge factor in our chances. If the rookie Ballard and Carter can come out and shore up a formidable running game then I think Luck matches up well against the Jets good pass defense (even w/o Revis). Our defense however is a big question mark. Will we be able to bring pressure? Will our secondary pull off a reasonable game or will they fall apart?