Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+ 1.5) @ San Diego - Monday night

oldunclemark

that's less than an OT field goal.......so it comes down to who you think will win.

very hard to say 'Young Man Rivers' vs. the Sheriff

the over-under is 49.5..and that's high but this game goes over easily

28-24 goes over..and the score should be higher than that

Give Peyton Manning extra days to prepare and he'll be ready to fire...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's less than an OT field goal.......so it comes down to who you think will win.

alot is a guessing game on how much Mathews will play at RB even though is supposed to start, affects Denver's D Preparation

Broncos forced to predict how much Chargers will use Ryan Mathews

Read more:Broncos forced to predict how much Chargers will use Ryan Mathews - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz295C9yAP1

Demaryius Thomas, Ryan Clady added to Broncos injury report

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (hip) and left tackle Ryan Clady (hamstring) both were held out of some drills in the team’s first practice in preparation for Monday’s game at San Diego. Neither player left the game against the Patriots or was seriously injured enough to sit out practice entirely.

Other players on the Broncos practice report are linebacker Keith Brooking (concussion, limited), fullback Chris Gronkowski (thigh, full), cornerback Chris Harris (ankle, full), right guard Chris Kuper (forearm, full) and wide receiver Matt Willis (non-injury related).

http://blogs.denverp...y-report/16210/

linebacker Keith Brooking, who was cleared by doctors to return from the concussion that knocked him from the game Sunday in Foxborough, Mass.

The Broncos also are hopeful that with another week of practice — which includes today's session in full pads — right guard Chris Kuper will be able to make his 2012 offensive debut. He played only on the field-goal unit against the Patriots as he was eased back to action after suffering two significant injuries since Jan. 1.

Read more:Broncos' Keith Brooking back on field prepping for Chargers - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz295EvDqTX

May the Football Gods be with u on that

3 & 3 with wins Vs Pitt, Raiders and Chargers puts then in tie for first with tiebreaker win & is a world of difference than 2 & 4 with loss to chargers

That disvision probably comes down to the two Denver-SD games..

SD still has to play Atlanta and Denver still has to play NO, right?

Its a break to play on Monday night before the bye week............

.you get seven full days off before the Monday and then 12 days off before the next game

....extra prep time 2 weeks in a row

.you get seven full days off before the Monday and then 12 days off before the next game

agreed

But KC Charles Dangerous with his running but maybe they can at least trade fumbles with Denver

SD has already played Atlanta at home and lost. SD's secondary is not as talented as it used to be in the past with Cromartie and Jammer together and Drayton Florence in his prime in the nickel. SD's D-line is talented and is bound to get a few sacks, and their rush D is good, so Peyton will have to throw it. He may have to throw it up to DT like Brees did with Colston, he finally has the wideouts with height to do so in the end zone.

The two main differences in schedule are - SD does not have Texans and Patriots to play on their schedule, Broncos did. SD did have NO and Steelers as road games and have already lost one, and Steelers with Polamalu, Ryan Clark, James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley are a totally different unit. Remember, Peyton did not have Ryan Clark or James Harrison to deal with on the Steelers' D. Plus, SD gets Ravens at home while Broncos have to play the Ravens on the road.

To me, that will be the clinching game for the Broncos outside the 2 head-to-head games with SD, the Ravens game. If they win all those 3, I have no doubt the AFC West belongs to the Broncos.

One thing that I noticed was that both Dallas Clark and Marvin Harrison were not suited up in that 6 INT game for Peyton vs the Chargers in 2007. Then, Clark and Collie were not suited up in that 4 INT game for Peyton vs the Chargers in 2010.

Maybe having a full bevy of targets will actually help Peyton in this game. Different team, different outcome probably.

KC's QB play with Cassel has stunk. He is replaced by Brady Quinn this week, who will equally stink, IMO. :)

and they're 1-4 already? they play at tampa this week?...

If they cant win that one, they can start planning for the draft.....

The biggest disappointment inthe entire NFL....at least NOLA thinks they have a chance

and they're 1-4 already? they play at tampa this week?...

If they cant win that one, they can start planning for the draft.....

The biggest disappointment inthe entire NFL....at least NOLA thinks they have a chance

KC's QB play with Cassel has stunk. He is replaced by Brady Quinn this week, who will equally stink, IMO. :)

He is only being replaced due to concussion Cassel suffered , but yes cassel so bad may lose his job if quin does anything at all

KC is fumbling quite badly so Charles has great game yardage and fumbles ball away

similar to Bronos in that respect

If Chris Kuper is ready to play an entire game...the line should improve and, to be honest,

its been good pass blocking the last couple of weeks...

the Broncos are playing well enough to beat most teams......although obviously not Houston (5-0) and Atlanta (5-0)

The last 8 games on the schedule create great possbilities.....a 4-4 start (with a win Sunday) is what we need and we knew that when the season began

If Chris Kuper is ready to play an entire game...the line should improve and, to be honest,

its been good pass blocking the last couple of weeks...

the Broncos are playing well enough to beat most teams......although obviously not Houston (5-0) and Atlanta (5-0)

The last 8 games on the schedule create great possbilities.....a 4-4 start (with a win Sunday) is what we need and we knew that when the season began

agreer , though Ravens can be trouble but yes main part would be over with

injuries to Clady, Carter are a concern

hamstring injury of Ryan Clady and illness of cornerback Tony Carter.

Clady did dress for the workout Friday but didn't participate.

"Any time they don't practice I'm concerned," Fox said.

Read more:Broncos welcome returner; injuries to Clady, Carter are a concern - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz297f9ScMM

The Chargers have always presented Peyton Manning with defensive problems, but that was was Ron Rivera was DC in San Diego, but #18 did win SB 41 in 2006 with Ron Rivera as their DC too.

From the BIO page of The Carolina Panthers website: "Rivera's identity has been influenced by two innovative defensive coordinators. As a player, Rivera was coached by Buddy Ryan, the architect of the "46 Defense," which involved blitzing on nearly every down. As a coach, Rivera toiled under the late Jim Johnson, a highly regarded defensive coordinator renowned for his aggressive approach."

My point is without Rivera serving as the Chargers DC like he was in 2010 #18's job of winning should be a little easier IMO.

The Chargers have always presented Peyton Manning with defensive problems, but that was was Ron Rivera was DC in San Diego, but #18 did win SB 41 in 2006 with Ron Rivera as their DC too.

From the BIO page of The Carolina Panthers website: "Rivera's identity has been influenced by two innovative defensive coordinators. As a player, Rivera was coached by Buddy Ryan, the architect of the "46 Defense," which involved blitzing on nearly every down. As a coach, Rivera toiled under the late Jim Johnson, a highly regarded defensive coordinator renowned for his aggressive approach."

My point is without Rivera serving as the Chargers DC like he was in 2010 #18's job of winning should be a little easier IMO.

2006 SB win the Colts didnt face Chargers at all that year pats beat them to get to afc chanp game & we played Denver not chargers in reg season , beat pats in reg season & champ game

http://en.wikipedia....is_Colts_season

When Peyton threw a bunch of ITs 1 year he lost when Vini missed a winning FG, in confusion of final 20 seconds or so

Philip Rivers looks to beat yet another Broncos defensive coordinator

Another defensive coordinator tries to stymie Rivers

In Philip Rivers' seventh year as the Chargers starting quarterback, Jack Del Rio will be seventh defensive coordinator for the Broncos to try to slow him down.

Rivers had at least one win against each of the previous six and had two wins in season sweeps in 2010 (Don Martindale), 2007 (Jim Bates) and 2006 (Larry Coyer).

Over those previous six years, the Broncos have tried a variety of things, including 3-4 looks on defense, 4-3 looks, aggressive rush packages and dropping more players into coverage.

"(Chargers coach) Norv (Turner) is probably one of the better offensive minds in this game," Champ Bailey said. "And then Philip has developed into one of the better quarterbacks in this game, and that combination in itself makes you dangerous on offense, so I don't care what you throw on them. It's not going to be new to them.

Rivers is 9-3 as a starter against the Broncos and has 3,062 passing yards and 20 touchdowns.

"They rotate a lot of bodies in the front seven at the linebacker, defensive line positions," Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said.

"They're rolling guys in and staying fresh."

( THEN LET PEYTON NO HUDDLE FROM THE START )

0-Line dance.The Broncos may have to make adjustments in the offensive line because of injuries.

The first change, however, is good news if right guard Chris Kuper continues to do well. Kuper, who suffered a fractured bone in his left forearm in training camp, has participated fully in practice this week and is poised for his first game action of the season.

But offensive tackle Ryan Clady suffered a hamstring injury in practice this week and did not take part in Friday's workout. Clady has not missed a start in his career — 71 consecutive regular-season games and two playoff games — and if he can't play, Chris Clark would likely take over at left tackle.

Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano, a Boulder native, has been aggressive in his rush schemes thus far this season, rotating a group of players in the team's defensive line and at linebacker.

"We're doing a lot of good things. We're hitting the quarterback a lot more than we have been," Turner said.

Shaun Phillips leads the Chargers in sacks with 4½.

Read more:Philip Rivers looks to beat yet another Broncos defensive coordinator - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz29BI8grgd

You were bustin' my chops on another thread in the Colts section about this. Now you are virtually agreeing with me. What are you playing at? I also notice you say 'we' about the Broncos? Are you a Broncos fan or a Colts fan? It's not a problem either way, just interested.

You were bustin' my chops on another thread in the Colts section about this. Now you are virtually agreeing with me. What are you playing at? I also notice you say 'we' about the Broncos? Are you a Broncos fan or a Colts fan? It's not a problem either way, just interested.

personally i AM a colt fan but route for denver too due to peyton & colts dont play them this season, AS I WRITE i often have to catch myself from saying we , as when feel talking anything about peyton its still a we and have to remind myself he's not a colt

sometimes its just a slip / mistake & find it to late to edit

Manning's fine, but other Broncos stars must play like it

For a football team with no Plan B, the Broncos lack a sense of urgency.

Quarterback Peyton Manning is ready to win big now.

"He looks outstanding," said San Diego coach Norv Turner, joining the chorus of praise for Manning. "He looks like Peyton to me."

The rest of the Broncos, however, look like players unworthy for legitimate Super Bowl consideration.

Denver coach John Fox correctly calls Manning the least of his worries on a team with a 2-3 record.

Here's what is worrisome:

The slow starts by the Broncos against quality opposition make Fox look unprepared.

The careless way receiver Demaryius Thomas handles the football makes you wonder if the issue is bad hands or bad focus i

Somebody needs to remind Elvis Dumervil there's more to playing defensive end than sacking the quarterback. It's not nap time on first and second down.

The excuses for failure need to stop, starting with top cornerstone guys that are not named Manning.

Is it too much to ask for the team's No. 1 receiver to get a grip on the football? Is it too much to ask for a defensive end being paid a $14 million salary to make San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers miserable? Is it too much to ask Fox to outcoach Turner?

are other comments ending with

What's in doubt is whether other Broncos are worthy of being on the same field with Manning.

That should be where the sense of urgency is born.

Read more:Mark Kiszla: Manning's fine, but other Broncos stars must play like it - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz29HEbaegA

Bayone,

Thank's for the recent Bronco's article. I agree 100%. What's in doubt is whether other Broncos are worthy of being on the same field with Manning. That should be where the sense of urgency is born.

I will give Denver time to get in sync, but this is why I said 2013 will be #18's Mile High SB run. Locker room chemistry and proper playing clicking takes 1 full offseason IMO.

That 2 weeks helps a team> I didnt wnat the Colts to have 2 weeks off after they threw away the Jax game..

Plus..there's a statitical advanatge to Peyton Manning when he has two weeks to prepare. If I frememebr the discussionright...its 2 differnt issues..

what team do I cheer for?? Denver or Indiaanapolis? lBOTH....and you and I have discussed that, too, I believe

I see No problem at all since 3 Colts are now on the Broncos including the old, cowboy....(and since Indy and Denver dont meet until the playoffs!) that you cant cheer for Denver and Indianapolis.

You should, too. The only downside is if Denver wins the AF West and is the 3rd seed in the AFC...and Indy is the secodn wild card.

That woukld send Indy to Denver in the first week of the playoffs and I'd rather not see that this year.

Manning's fine, but other Broncos stars must play like it

For a football team with no Plan B, the Broncos lack a sense of urgency.

Quarterback Peyton Manning is ready to win big now.

"He looks outstanding," said San Diego coach Norv Turner, joining the chorus of praise for Manning. "He looks like Peyton to me."

The rest of the Broncos, however, look like players unworthy for legitimate Super Bowl consideration.

Denver coach John Fox correctly calls Manning the least of his worries on a team with a 2-3 record.

Here's what is worrisome:

The slow starts by the Broncos against quality opposition make Fox look unprepared.

The careless way receiver Demaryius Thomas handles the football makes you wonder if the issue is bad hands or bad focus i

Somebody needs to remind Elvis Dumervil there's more to playing defensive end than sacking the quarterback. It's not nap time on first and second down.

The excuses for failure need to stop, starting with top cornerstone guys that are not named Manning.

Is it too much to ask for the team's No. 1 receiver to get a grip on the football? Is it too much to ask for a defensive end being paid a $14 million salary to make San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers miserable? Is it too much to ask Fox to outcoach Turner?

are other comments ending with

What's in doubt is whether other Broncos are worthy of being on the same field with Manning.

That should be where the sense of urgency is born.

Read more:Mark Kiszla: Manning's fine, but other Broncos stars must play like it - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz29HEbaegA

Its a little early for comments like this conisdering the schedule so far.

Should be a good game and I honestly don't know who wins. Keep in mind IF Denver does lose they get SD again later at home. And right now BOTH these teams I could see making the playoffs if they keep winning enough considering the current landscape of the AFC.

San Diego _ The Broncos have downgraded cornerback Tracy Porter to “out” versus the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/14/tracy-porter-sick-chargers/16224/

Dont know if can watch game tonight

Thats all from me for next few days, Mom in hosp , just home was up all night, not life threatening, thanks for caring

still awaiting more tests though

Please no need to write prayers, know all mean it ,. If any do , dont expect responses

I am going to sleep and back to hospital even if computer is on and says i am online, i am not

Thanks, Barry

San Diego _ The Broncos have downgraded cornerback Tracy Porter to “out” versus the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

http://blogs.denverp...chargers/16224/

Dont know if can watch game tonight

Thats all from me for next few days, Mom in hosp ,

just home was up all night, not life threatening, thanks for caring

still awaiting more tests though

Please no need to write prayers, know all mean it ,. If any do , dont expect responses

I am going to sleep and back to hospital even if computer is on and says i am online, i am not

Thanks, Barry

Going Back to sleep. Good night

​Just masking sure some friends see it & know why I wont be here

Dr called & woke me just now, no new news, still awaitying tests , again not life threating but did collapse yesterday , eyes t rolled back, mouth foam,ed , scrred he..ll out of me when got call as 4 PM games ending

So Eric Decker somehow stumbles en route to a TD and now a miscommunication on a pick 6.

Is Peyton all on his own...again?

I think that's why I like watching the Broncos this year. It reminds me of watching the Colts all these years. smh

So Eric Decker somehow stumbles en route to a TD and now a miscommunication on a pick 6.

Is Peyton all on his own...again?

Once again, Peyton VS the other team plus his own "team" 's ineptitude.

It's truly nothing short of amazing how week in and week out multiple people find ways to just screw it up. Nice to see the Colts' lack of D, run game, and special teams followed him to Denver. For heaven's sake though at least in Indy the receivers usually held on to the ball and needed to be TACKLED going to the end zone instead of falling down.

That turnover differential is pitiful.

The other two they had? Can't do much when your special teams fumbles away the ball.

Twice.

In a row.

On your own 15.

Free ten points!

What's that? You hit the long ball for a wide open TD?

No problem! Just watch your stupid WR fall down under his own power. At least Decker didn't FUMBLE like Thomas. (Who, btw, found a way to do it three times in three weeks. He's due for another one any moment now...)

After that, watch another WR not make the adjustment for a 14 point swing going the other way.

Want a run game? Too bad.

Want a defense? Too bad.

Want some run blocking? Too bad.

Want some pass blocking? Well, that's mediocre. That's the highlight of the team. Too bad it does NOTHING when your best receiver is 40 years old and slow (Stokely) and he's the only one who doesn't keep making moronic mistakes. Denver has ONE mediocre tight end (Tamme) but that's not going to do any good.

As awful a D and special teams as his teams in Indy had, at least we had a very good O line and run game 2002-2005 with very good WR's and TE's overall. 2006 onward we got worse every season, but even by 2010 when the run game and line sucked up to par with the D and ST at least we still had Wayne and Clark/Collie when they were healthy.