Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cory Redding

oldunclemark

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what makes redding a good player is hes versatile. he can play a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT. his second sack was in the DT position. hughes had the pressure on the edge forcing rodgers right into redding. when was the last time we can say we got pressure from our DT.

Agreed, and to take it a step further, he can play DE in a 2-gap 3-4 scheme or the 4-3 DT. A lot of 4-3 DT's could play 3-4 DE in a 1-gap scheme, but not as many can do that with a 2-gap due to the differences in responsibilities. He can take on blockers and hold his ground, or penetrate and get up field. I think Nevis will eventually become the same type of player. Moala is to some extent but he doesn't get penetration in the 4-3 as well as Redding does.

This is what I'm liking most about our defense so far this year...the versatility. Against pass happy teams like Green Bay, they can use more 4 man fronts with Freeney/Mathis on the outside and Redding/Nevis/Moala/Matthews rotating in the middle and we actually get pressure up the middle, which is something we haven't gotten in a long time. Then against more run-happy teams we can play more 3-4 with Moala/Nevis/Redding at DE's and AJ/Dixon in the middle. I think we'll see a lot more 3-4 in the coming Jets came than we did against the Packers. Hopefully Jerry Hughes and Jerry Brown can get some outside pressure to make up for the loss of Mathis for the next few weeks.

personally I would like to see a little more 4-3 depending on the situation and team and to have Anunoby back on the PS and let Marshay Green go (although if push comes to shove he did play some wide receiver in college and hauled in 50 catches for 434 yards although thats only 8.68 yards per catch

I've never understood this idea that the loudest guy on the field is the leader. Leadership is so much more dynamic than just yelling "THIS IS OUR HOUSE".

I like Redding, don't get me wrong. We've been rather flat at the DT position for a long time and I'm glad to have him. Though I consider him an average to slightly above average player at best. Many of the times I saw him jawing, he was literally talking to himself. You have to be careful when assuming the role of leader. You can alienate yourself quite easily doing so.

I'd like to see him settle down a little bit and keep his emotions in check.

I LOVE Redding. Frankly I think he's something we've needed on defense for years. We have a bunch of lead by example guys on defense but we have never really had the firey get in your face leader kinda like Peyton was for the offense. The guy that would look the defense in the fact on a hard third and one and say "They are NOT getting this yard." and mean it. The shot of him on the sideline telling the defense to give it up for Chuck last Sunday is exactly what I am talking about.

so·lil·o·quy (sschwa.gif-libreve.giflprime.gifschwa.gif-kwemacr.gif)

n. pl. so·lil·o·quies

a. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.

b. A specific speech or piece of writing in this form of discourse.

2. The act of speaking to oneself.

so·lil·o·quy (sschwa.gif-libreve.giflprime.gifschwa.gif-kwemacr.gif)

n. pl. so·lil·o·quies

a. A dramatic or literary form of discourse in which a character talks to himself or herself or reveals his or her thoughts without addressing a listener.

b. A specific speech or piece of writing in this form of discourse.

2. The act of speaking to oneself.

I was just saying to myself, 'I must look up the meaning of that word'.....

Why on earth would you have ever thought this?

Because I've watched him.

Up here we see Detroit play the Bears twice a year...

He's always been competent but never great..

No more than 3 or 4 sacks in most years but he always played and always contributed..

..always solid.,,never pro bowl....he is what he is

But that's beside the point. I'm talking about what he contributes on the sideliens.

I never knew he was so vocal and so much of a leader

Because I've watched him.

Up here we see Detroit play the Bears twice a year...

He's always been competent but never great..

No more than 3 or 4 sacks in most years but he always played and always contributed..

..always solid.,,never pro bowl....he is what he is

But that's beside the point. I'm talking about what he contributes on the sideliens.

I never knew he was so vocal and so much of a leader

Apparantly you weren't watching very close.

Redding has long been one of the better 3-4 DE's in the NFL. Nothing average about him whatsoever.

I've never understood this idea that the loudest guy on the field is the leader. Leadership is so much more dynamic than just yelling "THIS IS OUR HOUSE".

I like Redding, don't get me wrong. We've been rather flat at the DT position for a long time and I'm glad to have him. Though I consider him an average to slightly above average player at best. Many of the times I saw him jawing, he was literally talking to himself. You have to be careful when assuming the role of leader. You can alienate yourself quite easily doing so.

I'd like to see him settle down a little bit and keep his emotions in check.

Agreed. Just because he was yelling(mostly to himself) doesn't make him a leader. Now there were a few times where he was talking and being motivational but at some point where he is just yelling for every play it starts to get annoying. But we haven't had a guy as vocal as him in the past few years. I've seen many clips of many teams and they all always have one guy who is jawing off about everything. We're not used to that on defense.

Agreed. Just because he was yelling(mostly to himself) doesn't make him a leader. Now there were a few times where he was talking and being motivational but at some point where he is just yelling for every play it starts to get annoying.

No but him being the guy the whole defense is gathered around on the sideline and listening to after half-time and getting them motivated for the second half does. Also every player on the team and coach for that matter has talked about how much of a leader Redding has been. I am seeing some people (not saying you per say) are trying to out think the room and trying to see a way he isn't a leader. He is.

No but him being the guy the whole defense is gathered around on the sideline and listening to after half-time and getting them motivated for the second half does. Also every player on the team and coach for that matter has talked about how much of a leader Redding has been. I am seeing some people (not saying you per say) are trying to out think the room and trying to see a way he isn't a leader. He is.

this is how I saw it as well

My point was, people are like "Wow! never knew how much a leader Redding was!" becasue of the clips from the GB game. When most of the time he was yelling to himself. He's the best leader we have on defense, no doubt. We've had players before him that got into the middle of a group and pumped players up also.

I have never been a fan of guys who "jaw a lot" just for the sake of jawing.

If Redding's words inspire him then great, but I guarantee you all his words have no effect on anyone else. Once the whistle blows every one else is worrying about "their" responsibilities. Leaders lead by work ethic and play. Hooting and hollering after every play IMO is needless and worthless.

Great leaders talk when they have something "meaningful" to say. This is veteran team for the most part on D. If any of them need help getting fired up then they need to look for employment elsewhere. The D has a lot of leadership IMO...

Mathis, Bethea, and Freeney have been a HUGE part of a culture of winning and "never giving up" attitude when things get tough. That kind of foundation is so important.

And some who say Zib is not a leader... do WE know this for fact? He may be very instrumental in practice and in the game in ways that do not show on a stat sheet. We just don't know.

IMO this D has a lot of leaders. If they can get healthy I really like this unit.

My point was, people are like "Wow! never knew how much a leader Redding was!" becasue of the clips from the GB game. When most of the time he was yelling to himself. He's the best leader we have on defense, no doubt. We've had players before him that got into the middle of a group and pumped players up also.

Well I don't think people here probably watched him that much in Baltimore to notice it before this season and frankly it hasn't been show cased by the TV coverage like it was on Sunday so yes I can see why people are like wow I didn't realize it till now.

Again like I said before I think we've missed that vocal leader on defense for a long time. I think we've had a lot of lead by example guys like Freeney, Bethea, Mathis, and Brackett over the years but it's been a long time since the defense has had that vocal leader like they have in Redding. We had that for years in Manning on offense. Honestly when he had the defense gathered around him on Sunday the last time I can recall seeing anything like that was when Manning had the offense gathered around him after the beat down the Texans gave us a few years ago.

Redding's leadership skills were on display on Sunday and I think it's the first time a lot of people honestly took real notice of it.

Gary Brackett

No but him being the guy the whole defense is gathered around on the sideline and listening to after half-time and getting them motivated for the second half does.

Do you honestly believe that's necessary? Really, be honest. Or is this just a tradition that must be exercised lest we look weak? I played sports. I did lots of crazy things as a younger man, including competitive BMX freestyle. You know what got me fired up? Metallica....Slayer..5 minutes of that and I'm ready to kill a dying pet with a shovel.

"THIS IS OUR HOUSE.......LET'S DOMINATE".....Oh really, I didn't even notice all the Colts posters and junk, and I was just going to kinda let them push me around but now that you're yelling at me I'm going to dominate instead of fall on my butt. I always hated that guy, the mouth, the self-professed leader that thinks he can walk by me and start yelling at me to do my job.

Real leaders explain to you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Real leaders have authority over you. Real leaders are coaches.

I am seeing some people (not saying you per say) are trying to out think the room and trying to see a way he isn't a leader. He is.

Hey, I'll own it. We're just having a difference in opinion so don't think I'm taking any of that personally.

My point is that much of this is just for show, to cast a perception of strength forth. Doing so before the half is fine, more ceremonious than functional. There is a such thing as too much mouth, however. It can become divisive in too strong a dose.

Let me be clear. I like Redding, I like what he's trying to do. We could use a guy like that to help bring focus when focus has clearly been lost. IMO he needs to take it down a notch because he sure seemed to be doing too much of it, even talking to himself....heck, I could swear I saw him yelling at the Gatorade jug once. The Gatorade jug does not need to hear a speech in order to dispense it's refreshing contents, Mr Redding. Calm down buddy.

Do you honestly believe that's necessary? Really, be honest. Or is this just a tradition that must be exercised lest we look weak? I played sports. I did lots of crazy things as a younger man, including competitive BMX freestyle. You know what got me fired up? Metallica....Slayer..5 minutes of that and I'm ready to kill a dying pet with a shovel.

"THIS IS OUR HOUSE.......LET'S DOMINATE".....Oh really, I didn't even notice all the Colts posters and junk, and I was just going to kinda let them push me around but now that you're yelling at me I'm going to dominate instead of fall on my butt. I always hated that guy, the mouth, the self-professed leader that thinks he can walk by me and start yelling at me to do my job.

Real leaders explain to what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Real leaders have authority over you. Real leaders are coaches.

Hey, I'll own it. We're just having a difference in opinion so don't thin I'm taking any of that personally.

My point is that much of this is just for show, to cast a perception of strength forth. Doing so before the half is fine, more ceremonious than functional. There is a such thing as too much mouth, however. It can become divisive in too strong a dose.

Let me be clear. I like Redding, I like what he's trying to do. We could use a guy like that to help bring focus when focus has clearly been lost. IMO he needs to take it down a notch because he sure seemed to be doing too much of it, even talking to himself....heck, I could swear I saw him yelling at the Gatorade jug once. The Gatorade jug does not need to hear a speech in order to dispense it's refreshing contents, Mr Redding. Calm down buddy.

There are more than one kind of leaders clearly coaches are leaders. No one ever said they aren't. If coaches were the only leaders teams would not have captains. Redding is a different kind of leader and I'll say it again those other leaders you talk about, the coaches, say Redding is a leader as do the other players on the team. Since they are closer to the situation than we are and probably know if they follow him or not I am going to trust their opinion on this.

His focuse has not been lost either. He played extremely well in the second half on Sunday including coming up with two huge sacks. Again I think you are try to out think the room on this one. Sometime the large group saying hey I see this is right. This is one of those times.

This quote by Grigson sums of Redding's leadership very well

"He also was a guy who knew the defense so well. He was a vocal leader who could resonate through all these young guys that were coming in."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121011/SPORTS03/210120313/Colts-Cory-Redding-driven-to-success-by-right-attitude-on-off-the-field?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|LOCAL01

If you keep reading there you see a guy who knows Redding probably better than any players on the team, Brandon McKinney say this about him.

"I try to model my professionalism off Cory," Colts nose tackle Brandon McKinney said. "Guys ask him how to be a professional and a family man. You see guys gravitate to him."

Does that sound like something someone would say about another player if they didn't think he was a leader?

His focus has not been lost either. He played extremely well in the second half on Sunday including coming up with two huge sacks. Again I think you are try to out think the room on this one. Sometime the large group saying hey I see this is right. This is one of those times.

Well that's exactly my point. He's one of those types that requires such hootin and hollerin, many others are not. You just wait until he starts jawing on the wrong guy, causes a disturbance and then tell me how cohesive his banter was. It happens. I know that Dwight Freeney didn't seem to care for the mouth sitting next to him. You could almost hear Dwight thinking "I've been to 7 pro bowls pal, go yell at Zbikowski".

...and just because "everyone" thinks a certain way it does not suggest that they're correct. I'm not trying to out-think anyone. I honestly see this behavior as ceremonious in nature and principally nonfunctional.

Well that's exactly my point. He's one of those types that requires such hootin and hollerin, many others are not. You just wait until he starts jawing on the wrong guy, causes a disturbance and then tell me how cohesive his banter was. It happens. I know that Dwight Freeney didn't seem to care for the mouth sitting next to him. You could almost hear Dwight thinking "I've been to 7 pro bowls pal, go yell at Zbikowski".

...and just because "everyone" thinks a certain way it does not suggest that they're correct. I'm not trying to out-think anyone. I honestly see this behavior as ceremonious in nature and principally nonfunctional.

I don't think he is jawing is calling any kind of disturbance or anything like that. I think you are seeing something that isn't there. Again, the people who are the closest to this all say to a man he is a leader. I gave you quotes to back that up which you are ignoring. If the way he acts bothers you that's fine that's your right. However, it does not seem to be bothering the players on the field or the coaches or they would not be saying the things they do about him. In fact I would go as far as to say they like it.

I don't think he is jawing is calling any kind of disturbance or anything like that. I think you are seeing something that isn't there. Again, the people who are the closest to this all say to a man he is a leader. I gave you quotes to back that up which you are ignoring.

Oh I'm not ignoring it. I agree. He has been delegated the responsibility of vocalizing their intent.

I would argue, however, if anyone green-lighted him to constantly jaw peoples ears off while on the bench. I only know what I saw....and what I saw was several instances of him seemingly talking to himself out loud while other players ignored him.

However, it does not seem to be bothering the players on the field or the coaches or they would not be saying the things they do about him. In fact I would go as far as to say they like it.

They support his actions publicly of course. That doesn't mean that they haven't asked him to chill a little bit. That doesn't mean they haven't received complaints from other players that he's distracting them. As a matter of fact, there was one shot they showed where he interrupted one of the assistant coaches from behind while the coach was talking to the players on the bench. It was on the NFLN replay of the game. The coach turned and looked at him as if to convey how inappropriate it was to do so.

That is when I first thought that Redding was taking his role a bit far.

You are not privy to what is said and done behind closed doors. I assure you they've already said something to him about reeling it in a bit.

Let me end this with; I'm glad he's on my team. I like him.

Oh I'm not ignoring it. I agree. He has been delegated the responsibility of vocalizing their intent.

I would argue, however, if anyone green-lighted him to constantly jaw peoples ears off while on the bench. I only know what I saw....and what I saw was several instances of him seemingly talking to himself out loud while other players ignored him.

They support his actions publicly of course. That doesn't mean that they haven't asked him to chill a little bit. That doesn't mean they haven't received complaints from other players that he's distracting them. As a matter of fact, there was one shot they showed where he interrupted one of the assistant coaches from behind while the coach was talking to the players on the bench. It was on the NFLN replay of the game. The coach turned and looked at him as if to convey how inappropriate it was to do so.

That is when I first thought that Redding was taking his role a bit far.

You are not privy to what is said and done behind closed doors. I assure you they've already said something to him about reeling it in a bit.

That's gone on in football forever. Redding is hardly the first player in the history of the league to be talking and not have people responding to everything he said. Frankly Freeney just has one of those looks that makes him look like he's never really listening to anyone and he always just looks annoyed. So I wouldn't read too much into it. Again, rather Redding talks too much or not doesn't impact if he's viewed as a leader or not. It's pretty clear based on how others talk about him he is thought to be a leader.

Please show me one link to a story that you have where you can say a Colts player has said he is distracting them or they have asked him to chill? You are talking like this is a given fact and it's not. It's your opinion based on what you see which is fine but please don't present it like it's fact unless you have something to back it up other than your opinion. Again I'll point to the Grigson quote as proof that Redding is doing exactly what they want him to do. They wanted him to be a vocal leader of that defense and that's what he's doing. At least I have that point to. Right now you have provided nothing other than your opinion and your view of things to back up your point yet you are telling me I am not privy to what is said and done behind closed doors. Look who is talking when it comes to that. That's exactly what you are doing. I'll freely admit I don't know what is said or done behind closed doors and never said I did so all I can go on what is said in public and based on what is said in public there is nothing to suggest Redding is doing anything less than what they want him to do.

That's gone on in football forever. Redding is hardly the first player in the history of the league to be talking and not have people responding to everything he said.

I never said it hasn't. I do, however, question whether or not he understands the difference between leadership and talkin smack.

Please show me one link to a story that you have where you can say a Colts player has said he is distracting them or they have asked him to chill? You are talking like this is a given fact and it's not. It's your opinion based on what you see which is fine but please don't present it like it's fact unless you have something to back it up other than your opinion.

It is simply my opinion. I can no more prove he's been asked to time his cacophony of spirited verbiage in a less disruptive manner than you can prove he hasn't been told. These matters are always private. I know he's been fingered as a leader because he vocalizes aggression, and that's great. But I know from experience that many people take this ideal too far and create a schism. When I see him interrupting coaches that are reviewing material to other players, I can feel confident that perhaps he isn't understanding the limitations of his role.

Again I'll point to the Grigson quote as proof that Redding is doing exactly what they want him to do. They wanted him to be a vocal leader of that defense and that's what he's doing. At least I have that point to. Right now you have provided nothing other than your opinion and your view of things to back up your point yet you are telling me I am not privy to what is said and done behind closed doors.

I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning to what end has Redding taken his role, to what extent he knows his bounds. I have seen many people receive promotions, to be delegated leadership responsibilities. I have also seen many people abuse and/or improperly execute such responsibility.

I am merely suggesting that perhaps Redding is channeling his inner 'Ray Lewis' in a scattered and untethered manner, a manner that may conflict with his limitations.

This is not Tony Dungys D. I believe Redding was brought here for 2 reasons.........to teach the new D and to bring attitude. The Colts D now has an attitude.

1) I am not sure Redding should be teaching anybody anything.

2) Dungy's D may have been vanilla in it's scheme but it was most certainly not without heart. Too much aggression and rhetoric can cause a lack of focus. 'Focus' being the strong suite of a Dungy defense.

I never said it hasn't. I do, however, question whether or not he understands the difference between leadership and talkin smack.

I think he does. It is possible to talk smack and be a leader. Look no further than Ray Lewis for an example of this. As someone else once said there is nothing wrong with talking smack as long as you back it up and to this point Redding has backed it up. Also I doubt he is talking to smack on the sidelines. He's just a vocal person and again it's something the Colts have not seen a lot of on defense and I don't have an issue with it and I don't think a lot of the players or coaches do either. In fact I think it's something that has been missing from the Colts for years.

It is simply my opinion. I can no more prove he's been asked to time his cacophony of spirited verbiage in a less disruptive manner than you can prove he hasn't been told. These matters are always private. I know he's been fingered as a leader because he vocalizes aggression, and that's great. But I know from experience that many people take this ideal too far and create a schism. When I see him interrupting coaches that are reviewing material to other players, I can feel confident that perhaps he isn't understanding the limitations of his role.

You can't prove that he has so why bring it up? You were the one talking like it was a fact that it is disruptive and that it is a problem. I said judging by what has been said by Redding it doesn't seem to be. If you have some proof where a Colts coach or player has said it is disruptive or an issue please share. Again I think you are trying to see something as a problem that really isn't. There is NOTHING to suggest that it is other than your personal opinion. Again I gave you a quote where Grigson his GM said they liked his vocal leader skills and his coach in Baltimore Pagano has talked very highly about him and talked about how he said he needed him here. I am pretty sure Pagano knew what he was getting in Redding and if he felt like Redding didn't understand his role as a leader or that he was too vocal or that it was a problem that he probably would have told Grigson not to sign him. I don't know that as a fact but if you step back and look at the situation that's a pretty reasonable conclusion to come to.

I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning to what end has Redding taken his role, to what extent he knows his bounds. I have seen many people receive promotions, to be delegated leadership responsibilities. I have also seen many people abuse and/or improperly execute such responsibility.

You have no clue what his role is or if he's over step it or not. You are guessing this based on what you see on your TV for three hours a day on a Sunday once a week. Like you said before we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. My guess is if this was truly he issue you are trying to make it into it would be dealt with. Again, judging by what people have said about him I think he's doing exactly what they want him to do and what they expected him to do when they signed him. You are trying really hard to see something as a problem that has not been a problem to this point in time so why don't we stop borrowing trouble?

I am merely suggesting that perhaps Redding is channeling his inner 'Ray Lewis' in a scattered and untethered manner, a manner that may conflict with his limitations.

And what is wrong with channeling his inner Ray Lewis when it comes to leadership skills? Ray Lewis is thought to be one of the best if not the best leader in the league.

1) I am not sure Redding should be teaching anybody anything.

2) Dungy's D may have been vanilla in it's scheme but it was most certainly not without heart. Too much aggression and rhetoric can cause a lack of focus. 'Focus' being the strong suite of a Dungy defense.

It had heart yes. Bob Sanders Robert Mathis, Freeney. Overall we have a young team who will lose focus from time to time regardless of aggression and rhetoric in my opinion simply because looking through the Colts roster we have a lack of experience in the schemes we are running for the most part and lack of talent in certain areas and some that have no business in the schemes or even positions (O Line in my opinion speaking of positions) they are in not because a lack of focus. All of this is just my opinion of course as I of course respect your opinion as well

I think he does. It is possible to talk smack and be a leader. Look no further than Ray Lewis for an example of this. As someone else once said there is nothing wrong with talking smack as long as you back it up and to this point Redding has backed it up. Also I doubt he is talking to smack on the sidelines. He's just a vocal person and again it's something the Colts have not seen a lot of on defense and I don't have an issue with it and I don't think a lot of the players or coaches do either. In fact I think it's something that has been missing from the Colts for years.

You can't prove that he has so why bring it up? You were the one talking like it was a fact that it is disruptive and that it is a problem. I said judging by what has been said by Redding it doesn't seem to be. If you have some proof where a Colts coach or player has said it is disruptive or an issue please share. Again I think you are trying to see something as a problem that really isn't. There is NOTHING to suggest that it is other than your personal opinion. Again I gave you a quote where Grigson his GM said they liked his vocal leader skills and his coach in Baltimore Pagano has talked very highly about him and talked about how he said he needed him here. I am pretty sure Pagano knew what he was getting in Redding and if he felt like Redding didn't understand his role as a leader or that he was too vocal or that it was a problem that he probably would have told Grigson not to sign him. I don't know that as a fact but if you step back and look at the situation that's a pretty reasonable conclusion to come to.

You have no clue what his role is or if he's over step it or not. You are guessing this based on what you see on your TV for three hours a day on a Sunday once a week. Like you said before we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. My guess is if this was truly he issue you are trying to make it into it would be dealt with. Again, judging by what people have said about him I think he's doing exactly what they want him to do and what they expected him to do when they signed him. You are trying really hard to see something as a problem that has not been a problem to this point in time so why don't we stop borrowing trouble?

And what is wrong with channeling his inner Ray Lewis when it comes to leadership skills? Ray Lewis is thought to be one of the best if not the best leader in the league.

Good post by you. Good points by you! Anyone can see Redding leads by voice AND by his play. He bust his butt on every play and leaves it all on the field. I think he's a very good example for the players with less experience, and an overall great example for what a Colt should be. I could see if he was doing a bunch of talking and not producing anything. That's not what he learned from Ray Lewis. Ray taught him to leave it all on the field and that's exactly what Redding does. I'm proud to have him on this team.

He isn't Ray Lewis? Ya know, the guy that has been to 300 probowls and is a lead-pipe lock 1st ballot HoF'er? One must consider anothers credentials before falling in line behind them. NOBODY questions Ray. I would certainly question the average-ish player that is sitting on the end of the bench talking to his hand.

We should, at this point, just agree to disagree. I will say this; Of all the coaches I've seen come and go over the decades, I like Chuck the most. If he trusted Redding enough to bring him here and delegate leadership roles toward him, that's good enough for me.

I'm really just providing my own commentary based on what I view as possibly too much of a good thing. People that jaw as much as him strike me as emotionally unstable. I will withhold any further critique of him until I see how he reacts to extreme adversity.

He isn't Ray Lewis? Ya know, the guy that has been to 300 probowls and is a lead-pipe lock 1st ballot HoF'er? One must consider anothers credentials before falling in line behind them. NOBODY questions Ray. I would certainly question the average-ish player that is sitting on the end of the bench talking to his hand.

We should, at this point, just agree to disagree. I will say this; Of all the coaches I've seen come and go over the decades, I like Chuck the most. If he trusted Redding enough to bring him here and delegate leadership roles toward him, that's good enough for me.

I'm really just providing my own commentary based on what I view as possibly too much of a good thing. People that jaw as much as him strike me as emotionally unstable. I will withhold any further critique of him until I see how he reacts to extreme adversity.

When did I say he was Ray Lewis? I said channeling his inner Ray Lewis, well honestly you said that part first, when it comes to being a leader. I didn't and never had said he was the same player Ray Lewis is. I and was clearly not comparing Redding to Lewis the player. I was talking about their leadership styles. Two different things. In fact since you are the one that seems concerned about Redding channeling his inner Ray Lewis I'll ask you again if we are talking about Redding's leadership skill what is wrong with him channeling his inner Ray Lewis when it comes to leadership?

Guess what you aren't on the team so rather you would follow Redding as a leader or not doesn't really matter when it comes to if the Colts see him as a leader or not. The people who are have only said positive things about Redding as a leader. Since we only see them for three hours a day once a week I think it would be wise to bow to what they have to say about the situation especially if we are debating if Redding is a leader for them or not.

This isn't really something to agree to disagree about. You are entitled to your opinion I have said that all along. With that said, just because you have that opinion does not mean it's the problem you are trying to make it out to be. There is zero proof to suggest that this is a real problem. If it is or was a problem I am sure our coaches would deal with it. However, again based on what coaches and players are saying about Redding I don't think they feel like it's an issue in fact I think it's just the reverse they like what they are seeing from him.