Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Activated

tfunky14

I am unable to start a new topic so I am posting here. Too bad if you do not like. I have had a couple drinks tonight and I admit I have a man crush on Peyton our QB.......the face of the NFL. He is a class act IMO and just a really down to earth guy. I know this video is old but it still brings tears to my eyes. Tom Brady, Drew Brees or whom ever the fools think are in the same tier, category or class as Manning watch this..............no way in heck they can do this in a small bar down south. Hurry back Peyton......We love you man.

Posting drunk.... I love it!!!

The off chance he had to miss six weeks. The Colts put him there to give themselves as many opitions as they could. You can always take someone off the PUP you can't go back and put him on it.

My point is that even if the team thought he would miss 6 wks, I just don't see him being on the PUP.

I see the team "wasting" a roster spot in case he would be available sooner.

Its not like that one roster spot would be worth more than even getting him back for week 6.

If manning would be gone for 6 weeks, odds are the Colts season would be over anyway.

I just don't see the team risking that he would heal faster than a 6 week estimate even if the "experts" or doctors would say it would be 6 weeks or more.

We "wasted" roster spots for injured players who had much less value than Manning. Of course, EVERY other player on this team is less valuable than manning. Perhaps any 2 players are less valuable than manning.

I had heard Polian in an interview mention before the only reason Manning was placed on the PUP was to avoid the media hounding him and the rest of the team daily about his status.

This is straight from Manning's mouth:

On how he feels about his timetable to get back on the football field:

"I am very anxious to get back on the field, and part of the reason that Bill and Coach Caldwell decided to put me on PUP was to prevent the question of whether or not I would be able to practice from being a daily occurrence. I will be able to concentrate on rehab for a period of time, and we will gage my health on a weekly basis to see how I am coming along. That route made the most sense to me, but am I anxious, absolutely."

http://www.1070thefan.com/news/Story.aspx?id=1465011

I've never been very worried that he won't get out there and play, I'm more concerned with can he hold up over a long season with being hit. It's nasty to think about, but there are enough guys that will aim high if given a shot at him and he took way too many shots last year.

Are you really concerned or hopeful he doesn't hold up?

Are you really concerned or hopeful he doesn't hold up?

She's a Chargers fan but has openly stated in the past that the Colts are her second favorite team. So she probably is genuinely concerned for Manning. Well at least as much as the Charger part of herself will allow. lol

She's a Chargers fan but has openly stated in the past that the Colts are her second favorite team. So she probably is genuinely concerned for Manning. Well at least as much as the Charger part of herself will allow. lol

You got that just about right :yes: !!! I will always have to root for my Chargers first, but I never want the victory to be without Peyton, it wouldn't mean as much if it were. I wish him nothing but a long career and the ability to choose when he retires.