Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Activated

tfunky14

The fact he is going to practice, if even on a limited basis, is a great sign..... Im sure he will have on two red jerseys and armed bodyguards in the pocket... lol

I think the Colts should petition the NFL to allow Peyton to wear a red jersey in regular season play. After all, it's good for ratings and good for the NFL if Peyton plays. Win/Win/Win scenario! How could Goodall turn that down?

But then you'd have those cry babies in NE wanting equal treatment.

Guest BlueShoe

I think the Colts should petition the NFL to allow Peyton to wear a red jersey in regular season play. After all, it's good for ratings and good for the NFL if Peyton plays. Win/Win/Win scenario! How could Goodall turn that down?

But then you'd have those cry babies in NE wanting equal treatment.

lol

Didn't you see the Big Bang Cartoon last year where Goodell gave Brady his own flag to throw? This just makes it even. ;)

The fact he is going to practice, if even on a limited basis, is a great sign..... Im sure he will have on two red jerseys and armed bodyguards in the pocket... lol

I am pretty sure they will make it clear, anybody looks Mannings way during a drill and they are subject to immeadiate dismissal from the team or be forced to watch Painter throw all day. lol

This is a key, is he just activated so he is off PUP before season starts ??? , otherwise If he remained on the list after this weekend, he would have to wait 6 weeks when he gets off

If he takes some snaps like he did in practice in 08 though didnt play, also Vs Bengals, ONLY Then its a good sign

^This.

Quite true but the fact they mention he will practice at a limited bases is a positive sign he will be on the field Sept 11th.

Look for him to do drills, some light throwing and maybe some light walk through plays this week.

Next week is the key, if he is seen running and prepareing with the first team offense in preperation of Houston Sept 11th.

We were discussing this in another thread and my question was - why bother putting him on the PUP in the first place? The only reason would be so you can put him on the regular season PUP.

The only answer I have is that the front office was playing mind games with the Texans by making them prepare for 2 different QBs and game-plans. Also, time it would take Manning to heal was never fully known, so he could have possibly been on the regular season PUP list (even though that is highly doubtful since it would mean he would automatically miss the first six reg season games).

I don't see how this really changes anything.

I'm really not sure why he was on PUP anyway. Many have said he counted against the 80 man roster anyway.

Anyone know the advantage to put him on the PUP? Anyone have any ideas why?

Even if he wasn't on the list, its not like he HAD to practice.

I don't see the advantage unless the league says you HAVE to go on PUP if you CAN'T practice (the NE rule, haha)

I don't see how this really changes anything.

I'm really not sure why he was on PUP anyway. Many have said he counted against the 80 man roster anyway.

Anyone know the advantage to put him on the PUP? Anyone have any ideas why?

Even if he wasn't on the list, its not like he HAD to practice.

I don't see the advantage unless the league says you HAVE to go on PUP if you CAN'T practice (the NE rule, haha)

The off chance he had to miss six weeks. The Colts put him there to give themselves as many opitions as they could. You can always take someone off the PUP you can't go back and put him on it.

I am unable to start a new topic so I am posting here. Too bad if you do not like. I have had a couple drinks tonight and I admit I have a man crush on Peyton our QB.......the face of the NFL. He is a class act IMO and just a really down to earth guy. I know this video is old but it still brings tears to my eyes. Tom Brady, Drew Brees or whom ever the fools think are in the same tier, category or class as Manning watch this..............no way in heck they can do this in a small bar down south. Hurry back Peyton......We love you man.