Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin King released

ar1888

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

#colts shuffle roster. Waive CB justin king, sign NT antonio dixon. elevate LB jerry brown, DE clifton geathers to active roster from PS

#colts also signed LB dj bryant, cb isaiah gren, FB robert hughes, TE dominique jones to PS, released RB alvester alexander from PS

Addition of NT antonio dixon an indication NT martin tevaseu will miss time. injured foot vs. packers. guess they didn't really miss jking

I expected the elevation of Geathers, Antonio Dixon is a nice 6'3 322lbs with experience in Philly. Jerry Brown was good in special teams in preseason for us. and the rest are PS shuffling

Injury report tomorrow. We activated Jerry Brown from the PS...hope Mathis is ok.

It's hard to believe Mathis will play the next game. Even if it's a mild knee sprain they may give him a rest. It's impossible to go around the corner at that sharp angle the way he does without any pain and risking further injury.

Makes me wonder why Vaughn wasn't the nickel to begin with. He really impressed me against the Packers, even with the penalties.

Some Broncos fans, after seeing how Chris Harris did against Wes Welker, are now regretting the Cassius Vaughn trade.

Way to go Grigson, I am super stoked about Grigson pulling off this trade for FB Gronkowski that we weren't going to use anyway, haha!!! :).

Yay, Antonio Dixon, the guy from the Eagles roster of last year that I wanted once the roster was being constructed to 53, woohoo!!! Just a tad late but better late than never, he was stout against the run when he was healthy. The question is, has he recovered from surgery that he had?

He had some good production when healthy: http://www.nfl.com/p...2507573/profile

Here is the info on his surgery: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/DT-Dixon-Undergoes-Surgery/8a0a3d96-0a5a-415c-beb6-0e3a9dd0f9e3

King was better than some of the other bums we had in the preseason, but yeah, Vaughn's performance made him expendable.

I'm relatively comfortable with Powers/Davis/Vaughn/Butler/Gordy. That roster spot is more valuable spent elsewhere than what King would add to that group.

I posted several weeks ago that Vaughn would be the next to go because of his lack of agility in changing directions but now I have to eat my words. He has made up for his change of direction with good field vission, heart and determination. Looks like the coaches made the right decision in letting King go.

Grigson is going to keep chipping away at this years roster to the point where people are going to look up this season and say the Colts actually have a pretty talented defense. This guy stays making moves.

Yeah the way he keeps constantly tinkering with our roster making under the radar additions reminds me alot of Dan Duquette the GM of my favorite baseball team the Baltimore Orioles and we all can see what he has done for them this year. :clap:

Speaking of defense, does anyone have an estimate on when Davis, Chapman and Angerer are coming back?

Also... Does anyone know if Chapman can come in and make an impact rift away or will we ease him into things?

Angerer should be back this week. I haven't heard anything on Davis yet. Chapman has to be evaluated next week to see if he can come off PUP. If he can pass a physical then we probably won't see him till week 8 or 9 at the earliest, so he can get up to speed with the rest of the D.

I hope that Grigson doesn't go soft as the Colts win more frequently. He is constantly chipping away at our roster to sculp a masterpiece, and it's fun to see him work his tail off.

Well I think the idea would be if we start to win more frequently he wont need to chip away at the roster as much.