Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brown running style

lollygagger8

I've been pretty hard on the guy, I'll be the first to admit it, but I do realize that most of the problems with his running was due to the O-Line. That said, he's not the bowling ball type runner, I have been asking since game #1 why weren't we utilizing his speed on the outside? Whether he catches screens, stretch plays, or if he just rolls to the right or left?

When he bounced to the outside, he got to use speed and was getting some major yards. Weird! lol. Even if those weren't exactly designed plays, maybe this wakes Arians up and they throw Brown some of the same outside type plays.

I've been pretty hard on the guy, I'll be the first to admit it, but I do realize that most of the problems with his running was due to the O-Line. That said, he's not the bowling ball type runner, I have been asking since game #1 why weren't we utilizing his speed on the outside? Whether he catches screens, stretch plays, or if he just rolls to the right or left?

When he bounced to the outside, he got to use speed and was getting some major yards. Weird! lol. Even if those weren't exactly designed plays, maybe this wakes Arians up and they throw Brown some of the same outside type plays.

Been saying this for a while now Brown is a serviceable back we have to utilize him to his skill sets his a one cut type of back and is most effective on the outside and in space, he wont kill a defense between the tackles but run a play off tackle and he can surely make something positive of it, i hope Arians moves forward utilizing more outside plays with brown, leave the up the gut plays to vick ballard. (i must say when Ballard get the ball up the middle he sure does know how to hit the hole HARD)

I like DB but he is maddeningly inconsistent.

I agree we'll never be a running team but he 's good enough to make defences account for him.

I like him as a pass protector chip blocker.

But I doubt he will ever be the 1000 yard rusher he was drafted to be.

I can see us going RB in an upcoming draft to get our 1k rusher.

I would like to see us run more tosses/pitches to the outside, as well as the stretch with a pulling guard. Luck's speed to the outside to give it to Brown would be great. I think the stretch could be a really effective play for us like it was several years ago.

Brown could easily be 1000 yard rusher but it wont happen behind this O Line and it wont happen on limited carries

he has good vision, excellent balance, a good stiff arm and can be a workhorse Back as shown by his 367 carries his senior year in college, He is a Back that gets better the more carries he gets also another interesting stat, he is only averaging 15 carries per game or on pace for 240 carries for the year but thats still on pace for 960 yards(given his 4.0ypc which may not go up much but I expect it will go up as the year goes on), he would easily be over 1000 yard back behind 5 starting NFL Caliber O Linemen

The more I watch Foster run behind a Fullback the more I want a Casey or Conner or Mughelli or especially a Vontae Leach. I know some will say we have Allen but seriously he isn't in any of those true Fullbacks league when it comes to run blocking

The more I watch Foster run behind a Fullback the more I want a Casey or Conner or Mughelli or especially a Vontae Leach. I know some will say we have Allen but seriously he isn't in any of those true Fullbacks league when it comes to run blocking

I agree. A solid fullback could definitely help our run game. I like using Allen at fullback though because of his versatility as a pass catcher.

I still think Brown can break out and be an above average starter in this league. He's the type of back that needs solid run blocking, but if he has it, he's a legit home run threat. If we invest in our line this offseason, Brown's going to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of that. Luckily, he doesn't have that much mileage on him for a veteran RB, either.

Plus, if we keep focus on running like we have been, our current group can only get better at it. That's why it was important that we kept putting the reps in the first 3 games even though it wasn't effective. We'll have to keep putting the reps in to get better at it.

for those that brought up Mcfadden and Brown comparisons, Brown has 60 carries for 239 yards to Mcfaddens 57 and 201 yards, Neither running back has had good run blocking for any length period of time and like I said before in another thread, there are some talking heads (one of which is Lorenzo Neal former stud Fullback) who doesn't think Mcfadden fits best in a Stretch Zone blocking scheme which is what the Raiders implimented

DB had a great game and hopefully he makes it a season trend

I have been saying for a while that they need to set up more screens for DB to truly use his skills in space.

Princeton: If the Line blocks the way it did Sunday or even better, than he will. He has the Talent & Skills to do it week in & week out

USA: Idk why Arians doesn't use Screens more. The speed we have on this Field is just as much as he had in PIT. He ran Screens all the time up there with Brown, Wallace, & Sanders. We have Hilton, Avery, Brown, & kinda Brazill. Throw the Screen pass!!!!