Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well....arian Foster Is Going To Play Week 1 Despite Hamstring Injury...

coltsuser21

Foster downplays injury, says he will start for Texans Week 1

While Texans coach Gary Kubiak was cautiously optimistic about Arian Foster's status after he tweaked his hamstring, the Houston running back tweeted Sunday he will play Week 1.

My link

I dont want the guy to get hurt bad because i really wanted him to bot play week 1 because all we would ahve to worry about on the O is A. JOHNSOn

Vonta Leach deserves 50% of the credit you are giving Foster.

I don't know how you can come up with a percentage,many great backs have had good blocking fullbacks.For that matter how many backs can have success with a poor line?The one guy that i remember was walter payton,i am sure there were others,but not many.

I don't know how you can come up with a percentage,many great backs have had good blocking fullbacks.For that matter how many backs can have success with a poor line?The one guy that i remember was walter payton,i am sure there were others,but not many.

barry sanders did it with absolutely no line

Like others mentioned, I am not completely sold on Foster. He needs to prove that his incredible season was because of him and not because of Leach. If he doesn't have a 1000 yard season this year or next, he will be considered a one year wonder and everyone will know he only did well because of Leach's blocking.

One year wonder, i dont see him having a season like that anymore.

Couldn't agree more, Smitto.

Let us see him in an iso situation without a FB. Or w/out Leach, if he can go for 1300+ for another year or two in either of those situations, he will arrive. Last year was just that, a year. Let us see it in multiple years. Shaun Alexander ran wild too... then he was out of the league.

Let us see him in an iso situation without a FB. Or w/out Leach, if he can go for 1300+ for another year or two in either of those situations, he will arrive. Last year was just that, a year. Let us see it in multiple years. Shaun Alexander ran wild too... then he was out of the league.

If he is good as alexander,then they have a player.Shaun made the probowl 3 times and was a mvp.You made may want to change your rb comparisons.

Don't down play the HOU RB core. Foster may be good, but Tate was slated to start last year, Slaton has a 1200yd50rec season already, and Ward rushed well last year in the backup role. Houston will eat up yards regardless of who is running the ball, don't let Fosters hammy fool you.

Definitely with no fullback plus, the defense this year is gonna be focused on him. He's no AP so i see him having an average year.

I really liked the block that Leach threw, to get Ray Rice in for a touchdown, during the Ravens vs Redskins game. Leach was a huge aquisition for Baltimore and a big loss for Houston. I think Foster's numbers come down significantly this year.

Arian Foster is good. He stays healthy, and he will continue to be good. But don't expect him to have another season like the one he just had. Teams are ready for him, teams will game for him. He will have a major letdown this season, and we have a chance to start that process.

I agree with those who are saying a good portion of Foster's success was due to the blocking of Vonte Leach. Leach and Harvey Dahl were the two free agent I was most wishing the Colts would sign during the free agent freenzy. Would have been awesome to add that dimension to our offense... Baltimore will reap the benefits of Leach. And the Rams did themselves a huge favor by signing Dahl. I'm happy with who we did pick up, and I'm optimistic about our season.

Also, I think we are going to own Foster and the Texans run game in Week 1. It'll be the story of the week in the NFL. ESPN will dedicate an entire 20 sec segment to discussing it, probably all say it was an apparition, and then proceed to talk endlessly about the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cowboys.

GO COLTS!

You're right....especially since Leach was only on the field blocking for Arian less than half the time he received the ball. :loco: Y'all might want to go and do some actual research. The majority of the time that Arian ran the ball last season, Leach wasn't even on the field and Foster had a HIGHER YPC average out of a single back set.

But like another poster already mentioned. This thread is kinda pointless, because even if Arian can't go Houston has excellent depth at that position and if the right one can't get you, the left one will. We'll be fine at tailback week 1. How's Peyton's neck coming along? I hope he falls in my draft. :)

Arian has overlooked talent, yes he has OUTSTANDING support from his line, TE's, and FB's.

But an earlier poster here said they'd like to see him in a 1 on 1 situation. Are you serious?? The guy is 6'1, 230 pounds, he does more than well in the open field when he's passed the line of scrimmage. He's also a pretty darn good pass catcher, and blocker.

The Texans surprised not only us, but the league last year with this running attack, and no defense last year had a legitimate answer for Foster. There were times where he made the play, and had to improvise. Even when teams knew the run was coming, they couldn't stop them.

I don't know if some fans here are still bitter from that beat down he gave us last year, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. We can't just undermine the guys talent, he had a heck of season last year. Not to mention he's a class act.

Now the Texans have GREAT depth at RB my goodness. Arain Foster does make a difference, but having Ben Tate(beast runner btw, leg injury stopped him from starting last year) start shouldn't hurt. Either way Foster played with hammy issues the latter half of 2011, and finished fine.

Foster downplays injury, says he will start for Texans Week 1

While Texans coach Gary Kubiak was cautiously optimistic about Arian Foster's status after he tweaked his hamstring, the Houston running back tweeted Sunday he will play Week 1.

My link

I dont want the guy to get hurt bad because i really wanted him to bot play week 1 because all we would ahve to worry about on the O is A. JOHNSOn

1) The game is 2 weeks away. Neither Foster or Kubiak have a clue of his availability for the opener. Their commentary is meaningless right now.

2) The notion that all the Colts have to worry about is AJ should Foster not play is comical. They have playmakers all over the field. I am surprised you don't know this since, as you have said, you live in Houston.

Arian has overlooked talent, yes he has OUTSTANDING support from his line, TE's, and FB's.

But an earlier poster here said they'd like to see him in a 1 on 1 situation. Are you serious?? The guy is 6'1, 230 pounds, he does more than well in the open field when he's passed the line of scrimmage. He's also a pretty darn good pass catcher, and blocker.

The Texans surprised not only us, but the league last year with this running attack, and no defense last year had a legitimate answer for Foster. There were times where he made the play, and had to improvise. Even when teams knew the run was coming, they couldn't stop them.

I don't know if some fans here are still bitter from that beat down he gave us last year, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. We can't just undermine the guys talent, he had a heck of season last year. Not to mention he's a class act.

Now the Texans have GREAT depth at RB my goodness. Arain Foster does make a difference, but having Ben Tate(beast runner btw, leg injury stopped him from starting last year) start shouldn't hurt. Either way Foster played with hammy issues the latter half of 2011, and finished fine.

Im definitely not bitter, its called a reality and i believe the jets kept him in check he didnt even get over 30yds there... Arian is not gonna be under the radar this year, he's gonna have a hard time gaining some yds this season.

Im definitely not bitter, its called a reality and i believe the jets kept him in check he didnt even get over 30yds there... Arian is not gonna be under the radar this year, he's gonna have a hard time gaining some yds this season.

Again, agreed with Smitto on this topic.

I'm not bitter at all; we are taken to the woodshed last year. Never, ever was bitter towards him. I'm stating, what RB has came back nearly as strong from a season like that? I agree he goes for atleast 1100, but won't come near his total yardage of last year. Look at history, it does not happen. With that said, Tate + Ward give the Texans a RB trio that if not shut down early will dictate the entire game. Teams know what to do to beat Houston, the question will always remain, "Can they?".

Well even the best rushers get stopped every once in a while, that's football. But are you kidding me?? He had 84yds, and 2TD's against the Jets.

He won't have a hard time at all getting yards. The only team he was under the radar for this year, was us. Are you telling me, after his first 3 games, people still didn't gameplan for the Texans running game? So that's exactly why some teams would put 8 in the box on running downs, right? And exactly why Rex Ryan and the Jets were able to somewhat contain him, right?

Face it, the guy was overlooked talent. Yeah his line is darn good, but he made some plays on his own this season. There are somethings you can't coach, and things that are simply overlooked during the draft, like heart. Just ask Tom Brady.

Yea he probably won't have the same crazy successful season, but there is no doubt that he'll break 1100+yds, and 10+ TD' if he's healthy the whole year.

No one would be having this discussion if he was a 1st Round Draft Pick :P. None of the top RB's in the game today rush behind a bad run blocking line, and if there is one, please name em'.

Foster was scary last year against the Colts, but so were lots of other backs. And the Texans passing game obviously affects the defensive alignment. You can't cheat against them to stop Foster. I didn't see much of him against other opponents. It seems to me, however, that he may be less likely to be able to make things happen without a gaping hole (compared to someone like Maurice Jones-Drew or Ray Rice). He's a weapon, but perhaps a little bit more a product of the system than a star.

The point is that if our D-line is better we won't give up the chunks we gave up last year. It it isn't better, it may not matter who they put in at RB.

Well even the best rushers get stopped every once in a while, that's football. But are you kidding me?? He had 84yds, and 2TD's against the Jets.

He won't have a hard time at all getting yards. The only team he was under the radar for this year, was us. Are you telling me, after his first 3 games, people still didn't gameplan for the Texans running game? So that's exactly why some teams would put 8 in the box on running downs, right? And exactly why Rex Ryan and the Jets were able to somewhat contain him, right?

Face it, the guy was overlooked talent. Yeah his line is darn good, but he made some plays on his own this season. There are somethings you can't coach, and things that are simply overlooked during the draft, like heart. Just ask Tom Brady.

Yea he probably won't have the same crazy successful season, but there is no doubt that he'll break 1100+yds, and 10+ TD' if he's healthy the whole year.

No one would be having this discussion if he was a 1st Round Draft Pick :P. None of the top RB's in the game today rush behind a bad run blocking line, and if there is one, please name em'.

I meant the NY Giants averaging 2.5 a carry... and the Jets game he averaged 3.8.... Point is if a defense is bent on stopping him they will stop him.

Yeah he brutalized the Colts overall. There was no stopping him, 333 rushing yards, 72 receiving yards 48 rushing attempts, 0 TDs but also 0 Fums the two times we played him.

Hopefully we can hold him to alittle over 100 rushing yards but that's a task for sure.

Actually he scored 4 touchdowns. 3 in the first and 1 in the other game

Any doctors in here?

Foster tweeted the MRI of his ham string. Most are saying, after viewing the MRI, that the odds are very low that he'll be ready week 1. One doctor said minimum 2 weeks.

Who knows. Could he be STUPID enough to tweet HIS actual MRI?

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. There's alot of athletes in the NFL that obviously got graded under the table in college if you know what I mean! How many fantasy owners are trembling about his draft rank now? lol

Foster was scary last year against the Colts, but so were lots of other backs. And the Texans passing game obviously affects the defensive alignment. You can't cheat against them to stop Foster. I didn't see much of him against other opponents. It seems to me, however, that he may be less likely to be able to make things happen without a gaping hole (compared to someone like Maurice Jones-Drew or Ray Rice). He's a weapon, but perhaps a little bit more a product of the system than a star.

The point is that if our D-line is better we won't give up the chunks we gave up last year. It it isn't better, it may not matter who they put in at RB.

Your D-line would have to be significantly better. Foster put up yards on some of the best Ds in the NFL last year.

Rex Ryans D was the only one who could slow down Foster.

And as someone already mentioned...Vonta was only on the field with Foster 38% of the time. And he got more ypc without him.

The Texans made the right choice to let Vonta go. You dont need an all pro FB to have a good run game,all you need is someone who can get in the way.

Defense should focus on not over pursuing and hitting the right holes. Plan against their blocking schemes , not which RB will play.

Im more worried about the way the secondary has been playing. Shorten those zones, please? Hopefully the Dline will overwhelm the passing game.