Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton

krunk

Agreed it was a horrible decision! Over all I thought he had a poor game, but hey it didnt cost us in the end - a win is a win!

I didn't think he had a poor game, more like so so. He had some nice plays as well.

Sometimes his head is not in the game.

Some coaches teach you to stand on the ten and if the ball does not go over your head catch it.

I believe it was the 5 yard line which is even worse. Should have let it go into the end zone.

These...

If you let it bounce at the ten or further, you let the NFL level gunners have a chance to down it inside the five. He shouldn't have caught it at the five and should have let it go.

Anyone else pay attention to the screen to T.Y. in the first half where there was trips right and he motioned over there from the left? The instant he went into motion I said that he it was going to be a screen to him. The Colts have used that play a couple times this year already and it looked the the Packers defense sniffed it out too.

Keep in mind that he is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes. Not everyone has the football knowledge of Reggie Wayne for frick sake.

We all understand he's a rookie and we can live with what he did. However punt returns don't take the football knowledge of Reggie Wayne. Hilton has been catching punt returns throughout his football career long enough to know not to catch them down there. I just think he was a bit nervous and on a big stage. He will correct himself I'm sure! I just wanted to know how everyone else felt about it.

A lot of WR's made some bad decisions and had dropped passes yesterday. If anyone watched the Chargers/Saints game, Colston had like 3-4 dropped passes in a row. It just happens sometimes.

As far as him calling a fair catch...I'm not so sure about. Rookies make rookie mistakes, but overall it didn't change the outcome of the game.

I'm technically a rookie and it's not a mistake I would have made... Lining up out of position, or a false start, or a wrong route, or an illegal block is a rookie mistake.

Making a fair catch at the 5 is bad awareness and bad fundamentals. Not calling Hilton a bad player, but as the OP stated, there are times he leaves us wondering why that just happened.

he should have had that crucial catch over by the sideline, can't believe he didn't haul that in. has to be able to do that to contribue. he is still learning but catching should be inherent. i think he will get a lot better. maybe not this year but i think he will put the time in the game, Arians will demand it. sorry , prob. spelled arians wrong.

I'm technically a rookie and it's not a mistake I would have made... Lining up out of position, or a false start, or a wrong route, or an illegal block is a rookie mistake.

Making a fair catch at the 5 is bad awareness and bad fundamentals. Not calling Hilton a bad player, but as the OP stated, there are times he leaves us wondering why that just happened.

I concur. I wouldn't call that a rookie mistake. He's been returning punts before he entered the NFL, he should know better than that. With that said, everyone player makes mistakes and unless it becomes a continuing occurrence (making careless mistakes), just the guy a break.

TY's still adjusting to the pro game, so the mistakes aren't surprising. Hilton's got a Garcon quality to him. He'll flip-flop between making plays that are facepalm bad or jaw-droppingly good.

Some guys never outgrow that. Being an optimist, I'm betting he'll make the jaw-drop to facepalm ratio better as he gets more experience. That holds true for rest of the young talent we have now. Hard not to be excited at how good we can be once we get a little more seasoned and eliminate the rookie mistakes.