Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Off Season Wishlist

unitaswestand

I loved watching the game today and I am really excited to see what the Colts can do this year. That might be a game to put them on a 4-5 game winning streak. But they are still a flawed team, and I was thinking what they need for next season to make the leap. What I would like to see happen between the draft and free agency is:

4 Offensive Lineman. I think Castonzo and maybe Reitz are the only guys they have worth keeping. The rest need to be replaced.

A safety to replace Tommy Z. He delivers a good shot but doesn't have the speed.

A nickel corner.

One big GOOD receiver. Someone to be Wayne[s understudy. Note that I said GOOD. I know bigger doesn't mean better. But would love a skilled 6'4" WR.

I know that is a tough shopping list, but if the Colts can come away with those players, I think we can content for the title next year. I believe Brown has shown he is a good back. I think with a good OLine, he would be a 1400 yard rusher.

On another note, I do think the Colts should unload Freeney right now if they can get value for him. They will lose him anyways after this year and he really isn't doing that much at linebacker when he isnt hurt.

Today was a good sign that they have fight in them after they were down 21-3. Getting Pagano back will help, and then in free agency next year we need to bring in some talent who can start. After we use FA to solidify the OL....

Draft DT Star Lotulelei or Johnathon Hankins round 1, and then find a way to get SS Kenny Vacarro in the early 2nd round if he is there by trading away a 2014 2nd and 2013 4th. Its time to give our defense that stud that offenses need to gameplan around.

Adding a stud DT and a starting SS would make our defense very formitable and with a much improved OL this team can be dangerous.

Putting 4 new OL in would be a disaster, imo. Oline is about continuity. There will be upgrades, but I am sure that there are more issues that need to be addressed rather than starting over with the online. Have some patience. We found a capable C today that could be the permanent starter at some point this season.

Putting 4 new OL in would be a disaster, imo. Oline is about continuity. There will be upgrades, but I am sure that there are more issues that need to be addressed rather than starting over with the online. Have some patience. We found a capable C today that could be the permanent starter at some point this season.

I didn't necessarily mean replace all our guys in the lineup. I am just saying add four quality players.