Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blue's Guess At 53-Man Roster--I Like It

coltsuser21

( They think donald borwn, jerry hughes,painter, and a couple more are cut)---What do You think.....

QB: Peyton Manning, Kerry Collins

RB: Joseph Addai, Delone Carter, Javarris James, Chad Spann

WR: Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, T.J. Houshmandzadeh*, David Gilreath

TE: Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Brody Eldridge, Justin Snow

LT: Anthony Castonzo, Michael Toudouze

LG: Joe Reitz, Jacques McClendon

OC: Jeff Saturday, Jake Kirkpatrick

RG: Ryan Diem, Kyle DeVan

RT: Jeff Linkenbach, Ben Ijalana

DEfensE

RE: Dwight Freeney, John Chick, Tyler Brayton

NT: Antonio Johnson, Ricardo Mathews

UT: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis, Tommie Harris

LE: Robert Mathis, Jamaal Anderson

WILL: Ernie Sims, Kavell Conner

MIKE: Gary Brackett, Adrian Moten

SAM: Pat Angerer, Philip Wheeler

CB: Jerraud Powers, Kevin Thomas, Chris Rucker

CB: Justin Tryon, Jacob Lacey, Brandon King

FS: Antoine Bethea

SS: Melvin Bullitt, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton

P: Pat McAfee

K: Adam Vinatieri

Kick returns are Joe Lefegend. Punt returns are David Gilreath. ....................This is the link according to Stampede blue

I Agree With this 100% except i want to keep Painter,and well keep brown and huhges cuz draft...What do you think?

The star beside TJ thw WR means stampede blue thinks will sign him

I like it except we are keeping Spann over Evans. I thought Evans was better in my opinion. And i don't think we will sign T.J. Keep Ogbu cut Mathews. The defense he posted is listed below.

RE: Dwight Freeney, John Chick, Tyler Brayton

NT: Antonio Johnson, Ricardo Mathews

UT: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis, Tommie Harris

LE: Robert Mathis, Jamaal Anderson

WILL: Ernie Sims, Kavell Conner

MIKE: Gary Brackett, Adrian Moten

SAM: Pat Angerer, Philip Wheeler

CB: Jerraud Powers, Kevin Thomas, Chris Rucker

CB: Justin Tryon, Jacob Lacey, Brandon King

FS: Antoine Bethea

SS: Melvin Bullitt, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton

P: Pat McAfee

K: Adam Vinatieri

Kick returns are Joe Lefegend. Punt returns are David Gilreath.

He states his reasons why:

Why did I cut Donald Brown? Simple, he isn't very good. He hasn't run the ball well in preseason, and for the past two years, he's been outplayed by pretty much everyone else whose played the position. This year, Delone Carter and Javarris James have outplayed him, and Joesph Addai (the man Brown was drafted to replace) is still a better overall player. Keeping Brown is nothing more than a 'pride' move. He's a wasted roster spot.

Why did I cut Jerry Hughes? Same reason as Brown. He's a bust. Also, he's been outplayed by Jamaal Anderson, Tyler Brayton, and even John Chick. So, unless you want one of those guys cut, even though all three are (right now) significantly better than Hughes, the argument for retaining Hughes loses credibility. Last year, Hughes was an utterly useless player. This year, despite playing significant time on defense in preseason, he's logged two games with zero tackles, zero pressures, and zero sacks. They say a player's biggest leap is from year one to year two. Well, Hughes clearly hasn't made much of a leap.

Why did I cut Anthony Gonzalez? Because he's hurt... again. Injured players are useless players, and while Gonzo is a great person, he is a brittle football player. The team is better served signing Houshmandzadeh, and keeping Gilreath as a returner.

Why did I cut Mike Pollak? He isn't a better guard than DeVan, Ijalana, or McClendon as a reserve. Also, he hasn't done much to earn a spot as the back-up center. Kirkpatrick offers potential, and DeVan plays center better than Polak right now.

Why did I cut Blair White? I didn't. I say he lands on P.U.P.

Why did I cut Curtis Painter? Do I seriously need to explain to you why?

What about practice squad? The Colts would be * not to sign Ollie Ogbu, John Gill, Mike McNeill, and Chris Brooks to the squad. All have played very well in preseason.

He's wrong on so many its not even funny. We won't cut Painter, Hughes, Pollock, Brown, Gonzo, and I don't think we keep Chick. I do however, like that he kept Matthews, Brayton, and Anderson. Matthews is our only legitimate backup NT and Anderson and Brayton have done well in limited action and bring more to the table than Foster and Chick.

Guest BlueShoe

He's wrong on so many its not even funny. We won't cut Painter, Hughes, Pollock, Brown, Gonzo, and I don't think we keep Chick. I do however, like that he kept Matthews, Brayton, and Anderson. Matthews is our only legitimate backup NT and Anderson and Brayton have done well in limited action and bring more to the table than Foster and Chick.

Yeah that guy has lost it. He thinks we are going to cut every first round pick over the past five years. Not happening. I guess they will give a website to anybody. Oh, wait – for $9.99 a month they will.

We won't cut Painter, Hughes, Pollock, Brown, Gonzo, and I don't think we keep Chick.

your hatred of John Chick doesn't go unnoticed around here. but even though John has outplayed Jerry, since he is a 1st round, we don't dump him?

How embarrassing that a CFL DPOY can show up a 1st round DE.

your hatred of John Chick doesn't go unnoticed around here. but even though John has outplayed Jerry, since he is a 1st round, we don't dump him?

How embarrassing that a CFL DPOY can show up a 1st round DE.

Its not hatred. Its the fact that its a numbers game. If it wasn't for the fact that I know we'll hang on to Hughes then yeah, I say keep him around, but I just don't think its gonna happen. Also Brayton and Anderson are bigger guys that will help the D-line in the run game, that was apparent in the GB game. Both can slide inside if they have to on passing downs, therefore giving the D-line a better rotation and keeping them fresh. Chick just doesn't fit in due to numbers.

Cutting Brown, Hughes and Gonzo? This guy is nuts. He lost completely credibility when he said we would cut those three.

Reasons to keep Brown - He is young, has another year of experience under his belt, has competition (Carter) to keep him on his heels and our new offensive line should open more holes for him

Reasons to keep Hughes - He is young, was one of the best pass rushers in college football when he was at TCU, the only reason he didn't see much action is because he was playing behind Mathis and Freeney, he is no longer a rookie, has learned about the speed of the NFL and has learned tricks of the trade from Mathis, Freeney and Teerlink.

Reasons to keep Gonzo - He is young, has tons of potential, plays well when healthy, he is a very low cap hit as he is on his rookie contract, he knows this is a make or break year for him and will be out to prove the doubters wrong.

Cutting Brown, Hughes and Gonzo? This guy is nuts. He lost completely credibility when he said we would cut those three.

Reasons to keep Brown - He is young, has another year of experience under his belt, has competition (Carter) to keep him on his heels and our new offensive line should open more holes for him

Reasons to keep Hughes - He is young, was one of the best pass rushers in college football when he was at TCU, the only reason he didn't see much action is because he was playing behind Mathis and Freeney, he is no longer a rookie, has learned about the speed of the NFL and has learned tricks of the trade from Mathis, Freeney and Teerlink.

Reasons to keep Gonzo - He is young, has tons of potential, plays well when healthy, he is a very low cap hit as he is on his rookie contract, he knows this is a make or break year for him and will be out to prove the doubters wrong.

Yeah I looked at this roster and thought it was too strange.

Brown I woud like to see happen but it wont. Gonzo is in the last year of his deal the Colts will just let his contract expire at the end of the year if he doesn't work out.

There is no way we cut a first round draft pick after ONE year. Especially when Polian has said more than once it takes d-lineman one to two to three years to develop.

Yeah I looked at this roster and thought it was too strange.

Brown I woud like to see happen but it wont. Gonzo is in the last year of his deal the Colts will just let his contract expire at the end of the year if he doesn't work out.

There is no way we cut a first round draft pick after ONE year. Especially when Polian has said more than once it takes d-lineman one to two to three years to develop.

The guy never misses a chance to rag on Polian, the front office, and by extension, Hughes. Hughes actually played a pretty good game Friday night.

If you only look at this preseason, then yes Brown is probably 4th on the depth chart. But we know the kid has potential to break off big runs. Admittedly, he needs a hole because he doesn't break takcles. If the O-line continues to improve, that could mean more Brown time (glass half full opinion).

The guy never misses a chance to rag on Polian, the front office, and by extension, Hughes. Hughes actually played a pretty good game Friday night.

If you only look at this preseason, then yes Brown is probably 4th on the depth chart. But we know the kid has potential to break off big runs. Admittedly, he needs a hole because he doesn't break takcles. If the O-line continues to improve, that could mean more Brown time (glass half full opinion).

Sorry I am not buying it with Brown anymore. It's one thing to stink when all the other backs stink. It's another to stink when all the other backs on the roster are breaking off nice runs except for Brown. Yes he has the potential to break off big runs but it's just not working for him here outside of the Jags game last year and the one long run vs. the Rams his rookie year. Still I would bet the Colts give him one more year. I would love to be proven wrong on Brown as it would probably mean good things for our offense.

Sorry I am not buying it with Brown anymore. It's one thing to stink when all the other backs stink. It's another to stink when all the other backs on the roster are breaking off nice runs except for Brown. Yes he has the potential to break off big runs but it's just not working for him here outside of the Jags game last year and the one long run vs. the Rams his rookie year. Still I would bet the Colts give him one more year. I would love to be proven wrong on Brown as it would probably mean good things for our offense.

I think the idea of releasing Hughes is completely ridiculous, but I wouldn't be so opposed to releasing Brown.

Guys off his rocker. He's got personal vendetta's against about 6 people, and they consume him. Everything he writes centers around these few players. It's too bad, because there are a lot of other good posters on there that offer good info.

Dude bans people and verbally thrashes them if they disagree with anything he says. Funny stuff......hard not to read.