Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

***Colts Vs. Packers Game Day Thread***

I really hope chapman comes back healthy so he can show Johnson how to play nt

This is different, coming out hot after halftime.

All you Powers haters can shut up for this small moment!! :). Gavin :)

hopefully thats not his last Int of the season but great play

Hills had one good block on 1 play and hustled the play out...McGlynn....back in....

Brown with the blitz pick-up! Good job DB!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Steelers are playing with their 2nd stringer also...
    • There is also two other WRs at the bottom of the screen coming open on that same play. Smh. Options everywhere
    • I hope you’ll be proven right.  I fear you won’t.   I will say that teams like JAX and TEN had more invested in their high first-round picks Bortles and Mariota than the Colts do in JB, who we traded for in a moment of immediate need.   That said, it just seems more common in the league to wait too long based on a belief that a player’s full potential is high and just around the corner.
    • they are in the playoff hunt, but not many people think they will win a super bowl.  most of the top teams have really good QBs
    • What I'm getting at, though, is that regardless of his circumstances, it's possible to evaluate a QB on the basis of his performance, abilities, traits, and perceived potential to improve. That's my viewpoint.   Of course, the rougher the circumstances and the greater the number of variables, the more complicated the evaluation becomes. But while the receivers haven't been great, we can still look at JB and see what he does well and what he doesn't do well, we can reach reasonable conclusions about why he excels or struggles in certain areas, and we can project whether he can reasonably improve and become a player worthy of an investment of time and money, and worthy of building around. Sure, it's somewhat complicated, but it's not all that difficult, IMO.   What the Colts do at QB in the offseason will depend, to a large degree, on their evaluation of JB. I am confident that they will not say 'well, JB had a rough set of circumstances, let's wait and see what he does next year.' If they strongly feel that he's good enough to build around, that will affect how seriously they pursue other options at the position. But if they aren't sold on him, I don't think they'll just say 'let's give him another year, let's give him another year.' 
  • Members

• twfish

twfish 1,711

• Flash7

Flash7 2,496

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 9,297

• bsteves

bsteves 152

• J@son

J@son 7,312

• GoColts00