Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don’t doubt that 2-3 receivers might go high. I just don’t personally think it’s good value. Especially for us. Much rather see a DT or QB there. If not that gimme the best defensive player at any position except LB. Epenesa at Edge, Fulton at corner, etc 
    • this is comedy gold right here
    • we are not going to be picking high next year, what will we say then?   no top tier qbs available, so we just never take one to develop 
    • Then I would assume that he doesn't want a lot of talent centered in one Dline player.  (Although that he said in the interview that dline is very important.)   So that would work against the idea that he would take a DT as high as 13.  A player that any team drafts that high MUST play a vast majority of the snaps.  Like a QB, a LG, and OT, a WR.  They play every snap.  That's how that kind of investment in talent pays off.    If you waste capital by drafting talent that doesn't play, that will catch up to you (like, IMO, drafting too many lower valued positions, like FSs and Gs high too)   If he plans on any one DT playing less than 75% of the snaps, and that itself might be a sound strategy to keep them fresh,  then it would be consistent for us to not mock or think about a DT at #13, unless we think CB wants to continue down the Colts path of using high picks on talent that can't be maximized either by position or by strategy. 
    • Love Herbert Tua Brown Kinlaw and all top OT and CB prospects better be gone before this is even considered imo 
  • Members