Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

packers talent match up

SLILLINGTON10

just sitting and thinking about the talent match ups for today

QB - Rodgers; however luck has the ability to out play rodgers

WR - Reggie Wayne; Jennings is out so i don't think its close. i would still put Avery better than Nelson or Jones.

RB - Benson can run us over; DB has talent but don't really expect him to be a 100yds a game back like benson is

TE- Finley is the more established TE; however talent and athleticly i think both fleener and allen are in his same class. one of those guys just needs to show up

OLine - Wash, rodgers takes a lot of sacks(16 already) and is alway on the move. Luck seems to be in the same boat but only has taken 5 sacks.

DLine - Wash they has raji as a beast clogging up the middle, however with redding playing the way he has can't really give an edge one way or another.

LB - Colts have Freeman, Mathis, and hopefully Freeney; GB's LB core is clay matthews.

Secondary - Woodson was an animal i think he has dropped off a little since his Defense player of the year; we have Bethea who is currently an animal, outside those two guys no one really impresses me on either team.

Talent wise we SHOULD be able to keep up. we just have to show up and execute.

I understand your optimism, but we have to be real here. The minus 6.5 the bookies are giving is IMO a steal. Green Bay wins by at least 10.

You can't compare Luck to Rodgers. Luck looks like everything we wanted him to be, but he will need to rise to the occasion today to beat a genuine SB contender.

Our o-line is going to have to play their best game in a long time to slow down Matthews alone. I do tho have confidence that we can create havoc with GBs oline also, but it's wether Rodgers gets to dump it off quickly to Cobb & Finley.

The RBs is something that might end up deciding this game. We won't see a big game from our side, but GB might use this game to give Benson a few more carries. I see him out-doing Brown

Our secondary is banged up big style, so unless we get heavy pressure and tackle and deal with the dump offs, Rodgers will have a field day with Nelson & Jones.

I like your optimism, in a way.. Everything is still fresh and we have had a week more to prepare and we will play hard for our coach. But putting that all aside, I see GB Winning 31-17

Here's the thing about talent. You can have the most talented players, but if those players cannot work together as a TEAM...it doesn't matter how much talent you have. In the NFL, everyone is talented..even if they aren't the greatest players, they still are the cream of the crop of all the people that play football. A lot of times, it comes down to heart and desire, that can determine the outcome of any game. That's why the game is played.

Right now, until the Colts can get through the growing pains of all of the changes everywhere, GB is the more talented TEAM.

Sterling Sharpe for NFL playbook thinks the colts will win and mcnabb also likes the colts in this game.

When you think about it there really is no talent gap here ,maybe if this was last year there quips have been but not this year. An experience gap? Yes but not a talent one.

Sterling Sharpe for NFL playbook thinks the colts will win and mcnabb also likes the colts in this game.

When you think about it there really is no talent gap here ,maybe if this was last year there quips have been but not this year. An experience gap? Yes but not a talent one.

that is exactly the point i was trying to make.

Here's the thing about talent. You can have the most talented players, but if those players cannot work together as a TEAM...it doesn't matter how much talent you have. In the NFL, everyone is talented..even if they aren't the greatest players, they still are the cream of the crop of all the people that play football. A lot of times, it comes down to heart and desire, that can determine the outcome of any game. That's why the game is played.

Right now, until the Colts can get through the growing pains of all of the changes everywhere, GB is the more talented TEAM.

Couldn't agree more with what you said.

If we execute today and show up with the desire to win, then I can see a long afternoon for Rodgers and company.

You have to understand that Sharpe picked the Cots in order for the Pack to keep winning. Remember Sharpe is a Packer, he played for the Packers. He stated on that clip that every time he picks against the Packers they win, so he said I'm picking the Colts and then he said "not because I like them". Mcnabb initially said "Colts" in jest and then he said "no I'm picking the packers" and his pick stayed on the Packers on the screen.

I don't really care what the heck they pick because I'm picking the Colts and that's the only opinion that matters!

Benson is a journeyman who has averaged only 3.8 ypc in his career and has fumbling issues

brown as a starter is averaging 3.6 ypc and has been in the league four years and could not take the starting spot from a less than on par addai. and brown had plenty of chances with all the injuries addai had. i will give you benson's fumbles are a little trouble some about one for every 80 carries. i mean its subjective but if it were me and needed a solid run game i would take benson over DB.

brown as a starter is averaging 3.6 ypc and has been in the league four years and could not take the starting spot from a less than on par addai. and brown had plenty of chances with all the injuries addai had. i will give you benson's fumbles are a little trouble some about one for every 80 carries. i mean its subjective but if it were me and needed a solid run game i would take benson over DB.

i wouldn't

just sitting and thinking about the talent match ups for today

QB - Rodgers; however luck has the ability to out play rodgers

WR - Reggie Wayne; Jennings is out so i don't think its close. i would still put Avery better than Nelson or Jones.

RB - Benson can run us over; DB has talent but don't really expect him to be a 100yds a game back like benson is

TE- Finley is the more established TE; however talent and athleticly i think both fleener and allen are in his same class. one of those guys just needs to show up

OLine - Wash, rodgers takes a lot of sacks(16 already) and is alway on the move. Luck seems to be in the same boat but only has taken 5 sacks.

DLine - Wash they has raji as a beast clogging up the middle, however with redding playing the way he has can't really give an edge one way or another.

LB - Colts have Freeman, Mathis, and hopefully Freeney; GB's LB core is clay matthews.

Secondary - Woodson was an animal i think he has dropped off a little since his Defense player of the year; we have Bethea who is currently an animal, outside those two guys no one really impresses me on either team.

Talent wise we SHOULD be able to keep up. we just have to show up and execute.

Unfortunately the game isn't our WR against theirs, etc.

I understand your optimism, but we have to be real here. The minus 6.5 the bookies are giving is IMO a steal. Green Bay wins by at least 10....

Yeah but, is it "a steal" ? Or is it "the sucker bet" ?

This is why I dont bet on sports.

Look for The Colts to cover.

I'd like to see a game, once, where our offense plays against their offense, and our defense plays against their defense.

Then you could also televise it with our any announcers, like they did once quite a while back, and only offer the audio of the stadium announcer.

Wouldn't that be fun.

Jules could always use her 'dream' announcer. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Ah! Streaming Bob Lamey!

Yeah but, is it "a steal" ? Or is it "the sucker bet" ?

This is why I dont bet on sports.

Look for The Colts to cover.

The line opened with the Pack as 7.5 point favorites. Apparently more people are taking the Colts since the line has since dropped a point.

If you rule out the emotion factor, which is a great unknown, the Pack should be favored by at least 13 IMHO. I think we can score on them, I just don't see how we stop their passing game. I hope I'm wrong.