Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Destroy 49Ers; Looking Better And Better As The Preseason Goes On

Andy

Their offense was stellar, and Shaub quickly shook off that INT, and played very well. Their running game was good, and their passing game was good. The most impressive thing was their defense, their pass defense especially. The put good pressure on the 49ers, who have a similar line to the Colts. They got 3 sacks. They easily stopped the run, holding them to 55 yards, but like I said, the pass defense was stellar. They held them to 69 yards in the air, and picked them off twice, and they allowed no Tds through the air.

I don't know, Manning not ready, not even sure if he'll play Week 1; Texans looking real good, especialy on defense. If your a betting man, you have to like the chances of the Texans in Week 1. Now, I'm a Colts man, so I always like the Colts chance! :) Thoughts on the Texans, and the game? Think they got a good shot at the division and a Week 1 win?

Guest BlueShoe

Their offense was stellar, and Shaub quickly shook off that INT, and played very well. Their running game was good, and their passing game was good. The most impressive thing was their defense, their pass defense especially. The put good pressure on the 49ers, who have a similar line to the Colts. They got 3 sacks. They easily stopped the run, holding them to 55 yards, but like I said, the pass defense was stellar. They held them to 69 yards in the air, and picked them off twice, and they allowed no Tds through the air.

I don't know, Manning not ready, not even sure if he'll play Week 1; Texans looking real good, especialy on defense. If your a betting man, you have to like the chances of the Texans in Week 1. Now, I'm a Colts man, so I always like the Colts chance! :) Thoughts on the Texans, and the game? Think they got a good shot at the division and a Week 1 win?

Thanks for the update.

Week one will be a great measuring stick for both the Texans and us. I am going to watch this game on NFL Network after I record it.

I will say that the 49ers offense has been very stale all preseason and I heard yesterday they were starting their rookie at QB (Kaepernick).

Guest BlueShoe

I just peaked in at the game and the announcers are saying that the 49ers played their backups from the get go. Evidently Harbaugh is taking a gamble by not showing his hand and they have been very vanilla all preseason.

I just peaked in at the game and the announcers are saying that the 49ers played their backups from the get go. Evidently Harbaugh is taking a gamble by not showing his hand and they have been very vanilla all preseason.

They played their 2 best QBs Kaeperncick and Alex Smith. Pat Willis played for a little bit, and they played their starters for a little bit. They played the staters on the O-line for quite a bit of the game. Running backs were backups, and the same with the receivers. I have a good feeling about Harbaugh. That division is gonna go from laughing stock to very competative. All those teams are teams that can do well in the playoffs. Cards have Kolb now, all they needed all along was a QB. Rams added players, and their offense is gonna be good, plus Bradford. Seahawks added some players, and I expect a good year from Jackson. He's got a rejuvenated Lynch, Sidney Rice, John Carlson, and a rejuvenated Mike Williams. Their defense on the other hand has some bright stars, but doesn't look great. The 49ers are either a hit or miss. 9-7 or 4-12. Anyways, I've always liked Jim Harbaugh, he'll do good things in San Fran.

I think the Texans beef'ed up their D tremendously, however the 49s dont have a starting qb or any qb that is nearly the caliber of even a unprepared Peyton Manning. I do think the texan are a threat for the AFC and their D has look good in all preseason games. I just have confidence that if we got 18 and our D steps up like they have. this game will be very close but with a colts W in the end. Just my opinion but I agree with what you said...their pass D has been stellar, not just this game but every game....but you also have to put Peyton kind of in his own category...no one plays this game like 18, so are the Texans DBS up for that challenge...only week 1 will tell

I still think that manning will play week one, but im dont think he will be 100 percent. So if the texans win week one people will be allready crowning them the afc south champs. I still cant believe how many people are saying the colts are over ad the texans are going to run away with the division. The texans will be good but when have they ever won the big game. I just cant see them having to win a game in week 15 16 or 17 that will seal the AFC south(like the jags last year). Everyone the last 2 years have said the texans were going to win the AFC south, so why havent they won it the last two years. Please dont respond saying that they got hurt last year because the good teams can win with injuries ( cough cough the colts had about ten starters that got hurt and missed somee time last year). So with that , i really wonder how you get to become an analyst for the nfl or espn, because they dont seem that smart

Okay...In all honesty, I fully expect the Colts to start the season 0-1. Manning will probably play, but he's gonna be rusty, and I bet his arm wont be as strong as it usually is. If Manning DOESN'T play...we have almost no chance of winning.

HOWEVER.........Alex...Smith....Colin Kaepernick...where are they amongst the top QB's in the league? Wait..nowhere? Oh, right. haha. Of course the Texans pass defense looked stellar! Alex Smith isn't exactly an All-Pro, and if you stop Davis, you stop their passing game. The end. It's preseason. We wont know who the good teams are till week 3-5 in the regular season! Goodness gracious....

It's the preseason. It's the preseason and this is the Texans we're talking about. Yes they have improved on paper, but weren't they supposed to challenge us for the division last year? After a good start they lost 8 of their last 10. I'll believe the Texans as a challenge to our division dominance when they transfer their good on paper team into a 10+ win regular season. If Manning can't go, of course they have a chance at beating us in week one. The division is another story. Manning has been durable. He'll play the majority of the season. We're better on paper than we were last year. We've improved our offensive and defensive lines. If the Houston Texans want to make the playoffs for the first time ever, they will have to put a complete season together. I'll believe it when I see it.