Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears at Cowboys Thread

shakedownstreet

The NFC East and the NFC West swapped reputations this season

I think the AFC South takes the trump card for worst in the NFL, a title that belonged to the NFC West till the 49ers came along.

My new mantra in FF is take players that play the AFC South starting this year, haha!!!

The NFC East and the NFC West swapped reputations this season

My gut instinct says that the Seahawks are pretenders. Something's going to give and they're going to fade away down the stretch. The Rams are going to need a little longer under Fisher to really come together and the Cardinals aren't going to go very far without reliable offense. The 9ers are probably the best NFC team right now, though.

The NFC East is a peculiar division in that each team plays very up and down during the regular season. The Giants inexplicably seem to play better as injuries stack up and people begin to doubt them more, the Cowboys are pretty talented but they are also completely undisciplined and have the most quit in them in the division by far, the Eagles suffer from perpetually questionable playcalling and time management at the hands of the walrus, and the Redskins have a strong tendency to play exactly to the level of their opponent (awful against bad teams, competitive against great teams). None of them make for easy playoff match-ups, though.

My gut instinct says that the Seahawks are pretenders. Something's going to give and they're going to fade away down the stretch. The Rams are going to need a little longer under Fisher to really come together and the Cardinals aren't going to go very far without reliable offense. The 9ers are probably the best NFC team right now, though.

The NFC East is a peculiar division in that each team plays very up and down during the regular season. The Giants inexplicably seem to play better as injuries stack up and people begin to doubt them more, the Cowboys are pretty talented but they are also completely undisciplined and have the most quit in them in the division by far, the Eagles suffer from perpetually questionable playcalling and time management at the hands of the walrus, and the Redskins have a strong tendency to play exactly to the level of their opponent (awful against bad teams, competitive against great teams). None of them make for easy playoff match-ups, though.

where do the falcons rank

I don't see the Seahawks as serious contenders this year, so I wouldn't necessarily label them as pretenders. Right now, Russel Wilson seems to be holding that team back right now. I think the Sehawks can definitely play better if he progresses but right now, every time I've seen the Seahawks, their offense has been playing very conservative and Wilson doesn't look confident under center. Seems to hold onto the ball too long or roll out of the pocket before the pressure even gets to him, causing him to make a manufactured mistake. He'll probably learn as time gooes on.

I don't see the Seahawks as serious contenders this year, so I wouldn't necessarily label them as pretenders. Right now, Russel Wilson seems to be holding that team back right now. I think the Sehawks can definitely play better if he progresses but right now, every time I've seen the Seahawks, their offense has been playing very conservative and Wilson doesn't look confident under center. Seems to hold onto the ball too long or roll out of the pocket before the pressure even gets to him, causing him to make a manufactured mistake. He'll probably learn as time gooes on.

I don't know so far, that whole team is riddled with problems.

Marshawn Lynch is the entire offense at this point, totally agree there on Wilson. They seem more of a defensive oriented team, but they still have a lot of time to prove if they are worth anything.

I hate the NFC East, all those teams look good one week and very bad the next week.

It's pretty easy for the Giants when the division is ran by Andy Ried, Jerry Jones, and Dan Synder.

yes it is sad, its an up and down division, was is also sad is that the Giants are 0-2 in the division, presently 4th and can still win the division . . .

where do the falcons rank

They're not as talented in all facets of the game as the 9ers are but it would be hard to imagine any other team clinching a first round bye other than those two. I'm hoping the Falcons pick up a loss this week :)

D-A-A-A-A-A ......Bears

D-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A.... Bulls DaBullsDaBullsDaBullsDaBullsDaBullsDaBulls

originax.jpg

yes it is sad, its an up and down division, was is also sad is that the Giants are 0-2 in the division, presently 4th and can still win the division . . .

And they normally have Ried, Synder, and Jones to thank for that.

They should have mailed Garrett a ring last year...blocked kick against the Giants, and the time out he called against Arizona. He totally helped them out big time.

And they normally have Ried, Synder, and Jones to thank for that.

They should have mailed Garrett a ring last year...blocked kick against the Giants, and the time out he called against Arizona. He totally helped them out big time.

ya and not to mention Dallas folding against the Gmen up like14+ at home in December, then blowing it against the Jets . . . if they Cowboys just played half competent they would of had a better record than 8-8 . . . and there is Philly, well the list goes on and on . . .

What a great way to close out the week, to see the Bears go into Dallas and slap around America's Bandwagon....I mean America's Team on their own home turf.

The crazy thing is...it almost sounded like they were playing at Soldier Field and it had me wondering whether the Cowboys are even Dallas' team, let alone America's team.

I know Chicago jumped ahead pretty quick and ran away with the game, which put the locals to sleep, but I still gotta hand it to Bears fans for showing up in those numbers and being that vocal.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 9, 2012 - Spam
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 9, 2012 - Spam

The crazy thing is...it almost sounded like they were playing at Soldier Field and it had me wondering whether the Cowboys are even Dallas' team, let alone America's team.

I know Chicago jumped ahead pretty quick and ran away with the game, which put the locals to sleep, but I still gotta hand it to Bears fans for showing up in those numbers and being that vocal.

I agree. There are either a lot of former Chicagoans residing in Dallas or they traveled down for the game -- the stadium was loud and sung cheers for the Bears. And you can never underestimate the power of the fans in the stands...

ya and not to mention Dallas folding against the Gmen up like14+ at home in December, then blowing it against the Jets . . . if they Cowboys just played half competent they would of had a better record than 8-8 . . . and there is Philly, well the list goes on and on . . .

If Vick turned the ball over 9 times in 2 weeks this year, if the Giants make the playoffs it's going to be because of him this year. Garrett and Romo did it for them last year lol

Of course they always have Dan Synder to thank too for his fantasy football team :thmup:

Don't really think you can say that. The NFC East is the third best division in all of football behind only the nfc north and afc north.

I think I can. I'm genuinely interested in watching Thursday game. When was the last time you heard anyone even willing to watch a Cardinals/Rams game.

The only reason I watch NFC East divisional games is when I'm in need of a good laugh. That used to be the NFC West's job.

I think I can. I'm genuinely interested in watching Thursday game. When was the last time you heard anyone even willing to watch a Cardinals/Rams game.

The only reason I watch NFC East divisional games is when I'm in need of a good laugh. That used to be the NFC West's job.

The rams are garbage though. And the cardinals are a nice story, but they won't do anything in the playoffs if they even get there.

The nfc east has 4 of the top 16 qbs in the nfl, the nfc west has none in the top 16. The 49ers are a great team, but all the others will fade come playoff time.

The rams are garbage though. And the cardinals are a nice story, but they won't do anything in the playoffs if they even get there.

The nfc east has 4 of the top 16 qbs in the nfl, the nfc west has none in the top 16. The 49ers are a great team, but all the others will fade come playoff time.

top 16? Thats half the league. Drop it to top 10 and only Eli remains.