Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Griffin La Trois...

Vance

Griffin has, for the most part, been brilliant when it counts (and brilliant in general... I think he's made maybe 4 mistakes in total through four games as a passer). Penalties in crucial situations by his teammates are the only reason there hasn't been at least one other come from behind win this season.

Couldn't be happier about how he's looked... but couldn't be more ticked at our kicker and propensity for stupid penalties on offense.

Griffin has, for the most part, been brilliant when it counts (and brilliant in general... I think he's made maybe 4 mistakes in total through four games as a passer). Penalties in crucial situations by his teammates are the only reason there hasn't been at least one other come from behind win this season.

Couldn't be happier about how he's looked... but couldn't be more ticked at our kicker and propensity for stupid penalties on offense.

Obviously I was just being cute with my previous post, due to the flame-baiting nature of the OP. But I gotta tip my hat to Griffin. Dude is a player.

Griffin has been impressive. The Redskins have done a great job at setting him up to succeed.

Theyve used alot of spread looks and have done a good job using the quick passing game. The Redskins were killing the Bucs all game with slants and quick passes.

He really is a great fit for the Shanahan offense too. He nees to learn to slide though. He's already taken quite a few monster hits so far.

As far as the 1 minute drill...lets be real here...that was pathetic defense by the Bucs. I was laughing how bad they were on that play where they blitzed and the WR is literally standing by himself in the middle of the field.

something tells me bob will be missing sometime due to injury at some point. he takes a lot of big hits

and he doesn't like being hit. (and no I don't need smart remarks saying no one likes to get hit..... Andrew takes a hit or gets hit late and instead of looking for the flag or looking uncomfortable about it, or saying a team is dirty, It's like he embraces it... taps defenders on helmet like "good one" or when he has been hit late, the linemen go after defenders and Andrew is the one telling them its ok.. he keeps the O in check).. but then again when griffin gets pushed he flies about 3 feet where andrew is built to take some good pops.... If i were a D Coord I still would bring pressure more often and force Griffin to make the throws, and hit him as much as possible... that 1 minute drill was pathetic D...

RG3 did look good on the last drive. However, the Bucs were giving up the underneath routes. Washington was able to use the underneath routes because they had a timeout. What you saw from the Bucs is probably what Pagano was attempting to avoid last week. Credit to Washington....they executed on that final drive and took advantage of what the defense gave them.

something tells me bob will be missing sometime due to injury at some point. he takes a lot of big hits

He actually kept pretty clean this game to the point where I'd say that if this game were typical I don't think he'd miss any time. He did still take some shots, of course, but none were of the type that you'd expect an injury to occur on.

If LAST week's game was more typical then he'd very likely miss at least two or three games... but it looks like Griffin is making adjustments to prevent that as he goes (e.g., putting his hands up off the fake instead of selling it so hard that defenses have an excuse to take him out when the ball is out of his hands).

and he doesn't like being hit. (and no I don't need smart remarks saying no one likes to get hit..... Andrew takes a hit or gets hit late and instead of looking for the flag or looking uncomfortable about it, or saying a team is dirty, It's like he embraces it... taps defenders on helmet like "good one" or when he has been hit late, the linemen go after defenders and Andrew is the one telling them its ok.. he keeps the O in check).. but then again when griffin gets pushed he flies about 3 feet where andrew is built to take some good pops.... If i were a D Coord I still would bring pressure more often and force Griffin to make the throws, and hit him as much as possible... that 1 minute drill was pathetic D...

Fact is, blitzing just opens more holes in the defense and Griffin has proven to be proficient enough at reading the D, getting the ball out, and/or using his feet to make plays even with pressure in his face. The man doesn't like taking hits but in the heat of the game he is utterly unaffected by the possibility of taking a hit while delivering the ball or scrambling for yardage. Sending pressure at Griffin produced one of the biggest plays of that 1 minute drill against the Bucs and hitting him 18 times wasn't enough for the Bengals to throw him out of rhythm. Honestly, I think getting hit just fires him up even more... it's really something else.

If you want to stop the Redskins offense you have to play VERY good, VERY disciplined defense on first and second down and you have to control the clock on offense.

Don't overlook Alfred Morris either - he'll punch you in the mouth. The constant threat of Griff has opened up some good running lanes too. Its been a pretty potent combination back there so far. He's got a bit better looking team around him than Luck does. You can't just pin your ears back and go after Griffin either - have to stay disciplined and that buys him a little extra time too. No denying he's looked pretty darn good so far. Needs more consistency from that defense to be any real threat this year though.

There is certainly nothing wrong with a thread that compliments Robert Griffin.

But when such a thread is started by taking a shot at Andrew Luck to try to get a rise out of Colt's fans, it is baiting.

My thanks to others for behaving very well and not taking the bait.

Thread closed.