Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Picked up Madden 13 last night.

Indyfan4life

way too many gameplay issues... I have had every madden since 1996 for PC, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Playstation 2, X-Box, PS3 and it honestly cuts deep and truly hurts me because of the lack of effort they put into their games... and no shame showing how much they don't care.. I gave up.. glad you like it but to me it's just freestyle football when they claim its the 100% authentic football sim.. being a former player I have a hard time with how "dumb" players are, how they never would do some of the things they do (have outside contain but just let the linemen wash them inside and out of the play with no effort to even fight to get off the block) so many teams are hyped too, and Rookies who haven't even played 4 weeks of pro football are Better than guys who have been doing it for 10 years.. I mean it happens, but its veryyyy rare if it does.... but to me I just don't know where they come up with their logic... and especially their ratings....enjoy it though

CPU - is the worst its ever been its way too easy

Online - so boring because you find people who just run the same thing over and over with the hyped teams for an hour and a half (avg length of online game) and it takes the enjoyment out of the game.. IMO

^^ and I say it hurts and cuts deep, because it does.. Like I said i've been a full time madden guy since 9 years old in 96'.. and I've gone to bat for them year in and year out, even with issues I would turn my cheek and try to enjoy the game for what it was... a video game.... but for them not to improve the game in 2013, and have better gameplay and an overall game (besides the stupid animations so many people are hyped on) then a 2k5 football game created in 2004, or even a madden 10 or 11 made in 2009-2010 is unacceptable to me.... and they try so hard to let the consumer in on helping their product.. but it's impossible... people are always gonna feel their teams/players are slighted and deserve more so its just a debacle even starting to make team/player ratings...

and they have a twitter feed where they communicate.. and a big issue was not having fantasy draft for CCM (excuse for franchise, or the lack of franchise mode) so they fixed that for the whiny guys who like to fantasy draft, and to each his own... but When people started sending tweets as to why they would add a feature without first addressing the flaws in gameplay.. whoever runs the twitter was mocking customers, including myself.. with disrespectful remarks...and on their company website they have forums, with manyyyy upset customers... people are posting crazy videos for proof of the flaws (players sitting on top of piles for 3+ seconds with multiple defenders around ballcarrier and not making sure he is down, allowing him to get up and run for tds) they erase the videos because they are punks, can't even accept their mistakes and address them.. they just hide/cover it up.... and its because they know they cant be touched... and to me that's not how you treat people. especially from a million/billion dollar company... just my opinion, again glad you enjoy it but i truthfully hope EA goes under... or at least their madden dept., because FIFA is dope, another reason that shows you how awful madden is.. same company but at least their dept cares about its product and has knowledge on the sport.... or after this year i hope NFL goes elsewhere for their games because madden and those dorks who you can obviously tell have never played a down in their life don't even know where to begin besides basics... and making "good" players extremely good, where you run press man and 10 out of 10 times your corner doesn't get a jam and let's a guy like desean jackson just sprint past them is awful.. football is a chess match/game of battles and nothing reflects this...

(watch your #2 corner when you play and notice how much they give up)...

So far I'm enjoying the game a lot, but it's REALLY hard for our WR's to get separation it seems. Anything over the middle I can complete no problem, but anything deep is normally incomplete or picked off regardless of it being PA or just a normal shotgun pass. Anyone else notice this?

You gotta give the ball more loft and "open" isn't the same. You have to take the defenders angle into consideration. If your TE is running straight up the field and the defender is 3 yards behind him, don't throw a fast ball because it might get cut off and INT because there's no arch on the throw. Instead throw it over and inside but your timing and arch better be correct and * do not force a throw when you don't have to!* In the old maddens you could get away with that garbage, not in this one though.

I'm having to roll out a lot or adjust plays on the line more than I've ever had to in the past. Guess I'm so used to the old Madden games (mind you I haven't purchased or played a Madden game since 2009-2010) that I will have to adjust to the new style.

I have learned though I can bust out over 150 yards a game with Donald Brown.

You gotta give the ball more loft and "open" isn't the same. You have to take the defenders angle into consideration. If your TE is running straight up the field and the defender is 3 yards behind him, don't throw a fast ball because it might get cut off and INT because there's no arch on the throw. Instead throw it over and inside but your timing and arch better be correct and * do not force a throw when you don't have to!* In the old maddens you could get away with that garbage, not in this one though.

Very true! The passing control is amazing now.... only thing I really loved about the game because in previous years I always cranked the left stick with Peyton anyway to place the ball because he is so accurate..and I was always conscious of the passing button sensitivity but now you can drop the ball behind backers and in front of safeties with confidence in the control.. sometimes in earlier years you would go for the medium velocity passes and they would just float it unintentionally and you would be like "oh no oh no oh no" lol... but the passing is a positive this year... still too many flaws though

I'm having to roll out a lot or adjust plays on the line more than I've ever had to in the past. Guess I'm so used to the old Madden games (mind you I haven't purchased or played a Madden game since 2009-2010) that I will have to adjust to the new style.

I have learned though I can bust out over 150 yards a game with Donald Brown.

depending on pressure your eyes might be focused on the line of scrimmage and whats going on there, taking focus away from your downfield reads... but the key is to sit in the pocket.. like I know that sounds cheesy, but the pocket in madden 08-09 is 15yards from the LOS...you could drop like 10-15-20 yards and throw it 30 yards for a 10 yard gain or whatever, and still can.. but that's how the DE's just get around the tackles... other than that they are useless, which sucks IMO because we have had that DE-NOW LB tandem in Freeney/Mathis and they have been useless in madden unless you user them yourself, or the opponent drops back too far.... but now its a mellow drop back.. i usually would take what the drop was for play the designed play and go back no further... and depending on where the pressure is coming from or if one end is getting there sooner, slide.. Luck and the offense is sick in 13 lol....

depending on pressure your eyes might be focused on the line of scrimmage and whats going on there, taking focus away from your downfield reads... but the key is to sit in the pocket.. like I know that sounds cheesy, but the pocket in madden 08-09 is 15yards from the LOS...you could drop like 10-15-20 yards and throw it 30 yards for a 10 yard gain or whatever, and still can.. but that's how the DE's just get around the tackles... other than that they are useless, which sucks IMO because we have had that DE-NOW LB tandem in Freeney/Mathis and they have been useless in madden unless you user them yourself, or the opponent drops back too far.... but now its a mellow drop back.. i usually would take what the drop was for play the designed play and go back no further... and depending on where the pressure is coming from or if one end is getting there sooner, slide.. Luck and the offense is sick in 13 lol....

That's the truth, I like using Mathis anyway, if I space out the D line, sometimes Freeney will get the sack for me.

You need to practice using the right analog when using a rusher, it makes it easier to shed blocks.

Nostrils very well said. Its what happens when they are soley the ones that are able to produce NFL games. I remember one of my favorites was nfl2k (if I remember correctly) This was the game where you could actually be in the players helmet. That was an amazing perspective for me but now that Madden has sole rights we are stuck with madden. . . .