Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Wayne Carry Curtis On His Back Last Night?

Mouthfire

With all the defending that Wayne did for Curtis in the media this past week, I get the feeling that he told Painter, "Climb on my back, young man, and I'll get you through this."

Result: for the first part of the game, Wayne essentially got all the receiving yards. Curtis then loosened up and played a really nice game.

a little, but Painter makes the throws, right? They were generally good throws, and Reggie just made the catches, simple as that.

Of course. I do think the plan, though, was to have Wayne be Curtis's security blanket. Nothing wrong with that. Even Manning had one in Marvin Harrison in his early years.

Also noted: Wayne played lights out last night.

With all the defending that Wayne did for Curtis in the media this past week, I get the feeling that he told Painter, "Climb on my back, young man, and I'll get you through this."

Result: for the first part of the game, Wayne essentially got all the receiving yards. Curtis then loosened up and played a really nice game.

i hope he did that is what good teams do they help each other. the other receivers helped out too. they will catch the ball for collins also

yea I believe so. That was the case at least until Painter found his "groove" if you wanna call it that. I even saw painter try and force it into double coverage in the red zone to try and get Wayne a td. I'm sure something was said between the two prior to the game.

i dont know? wayne was wide open in the end zone on the brooks td.

it makes me worry a little about team chemistry though, as if they were trying to flip the bird at polian for bringing in collins

i also noticed collins on the sideline & no one was including him in any of the celebrating & conversations for the most part

maybe i am reading too much into it. but the bottom line is collins is a colt & they had better be on board with it

it makes me worry a little about team chemistry though, as if they were trying to flip the bird at polian for bringing in collins

i also noticed collins on the sideline & no one was including him in any of the celebrating & conversations for the most part

maybe i am reading too much into it. but the bottom line is collins is a colt & they had better be on board with it

they will support collins he is a colt now.

From what I saw, Manning was talking to Collins a lot.

i dont know? wayne was wide open in the end zone on the brooks td.

Yeah, that's true... I think Wayne wanted the be the man until Painter settled into his "groove", like someone else mentioned. It worked out just fine, IMO, as he started targeting other WRs after that (like Brooks).

No Paitner's best throw wasn't even to Wayne it was to Brooks for the TD. Wayne did grab a couple of high passes but good WRs do that for any QB. Painter also had a really nice pass where he hit Wayne I think between two defenders. That was just a nice throw by a QB. Painter had a good game last night. It doesn't un do everything else he's done but hey give him credit or playing well. Colts fans should be happy that players are playing well not trying to find away to take credit away from them.