Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9-30-12 Oakland @ Denver - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

Looks like a preliminary report is that Denver lost C J.D. Walton with a broken ankle.

That makes the Dan Koppen signing even bigger/better.

http://t.co/FWC3z7pG

Great signing , agrred, I posted similar first thing then saw your comment

I had wrote somewhere before the game he should possibly replace Walton anyway

I had started a post on the 26th

Interior of Bronco OL failure may lead to record sacks for Peyton, should Veteran Koppen Replace Walton at Center

http://forums.colts....lton-at-center/

He padded his stats well in the final quarter, he also threw a career high in incomplete passes. If our DBs decided to catch anything we would have picked him 4 times.

Err...How does fighting to come back at the end of the game (and almost succeeding) qualify as "padding his stats"? Also, the career high in incompletions was helped by about 5-6 drops by his receivers as well, so....

Just saying. Manning has played very well in 3/4 games. However, the Steelers defense looks like it may not actually be too good...

Well, that was a whoopin'. Then again stomping a mudhole in the Raiders is about as impressive as doing it to the Titans.

NE/DEN should be interesting. If DEN can get a pass rush on Brady, they'll win. If Brady has all day to throw, NE wins. Beat NE's o-line = beat NE. If Denver is stupid enough (like most teams seem) to try and cover everybody instead of bringing the heat they deserve to lose. I think NE wins something like 38-28.

Well, that was a whoopin'. Then again stomping a mudhole in the Raiders is about as impressive as doing it to the Titans.

NE/DEN should be interesting. If DEN can get a pass rush on Brady, they'll win. If Brady has all day to throw, NE wins. Beat NE's o-line = beat NE. If Denver is stupid enough (like most teams seem) to try and cover everybody instead of bringing the heat they deserve to lose. I think NE wins something like 38-28.

Except that Raiders have won in Denver 4 years in a row and McFadden often 159 + yards in Denver

Except that Raiders have won in Denver 4 years in a row and McFadden often 159 + yards in Denver

Oakland hasn't finished better than 8-8 since 2002.

In 2011 and 2010 Oakland was 8-8. Between 2009-2003 the Raiders won a whopping five games max. It looks like they're on pace for another impressive four win season.

Denver hasn't been better than .500 since 2006, either. They haven't exactly been world beaters, just flat out mediocre. Denver has been good enough to win that awful division here and there. They probably will be 10-6 or 11-5 this season now that they have a legitimate QB.

Even with Manning, I don't see DEN beating NE since I don't think they'll have a pass rush to get the job done. It would help if their receivers didn't kick touchdowns out of their own hands as well.

I do think the Texans will stomp a mudhole in the Pats week 14, and a "?" mark for the 49'ers the week after. Beyond them and maybe Denver, NE should sleepwalk through their schedule. Again. Of course it's the NFL and anyone can win, but 5 AFC east games, the Rams, etc is pretty much as gravy as it gets.

They haven't finished better than 8-8 since 2002.

& may not with this tough schedule

Must catcth & secure ball consistently, DT highest dropped ball # f going in yesterdays game, Decker nit far behind

Much depends on toughness of schedule and playing with a consitent offense & no more injuries & D stepping up though injured

CB Carter looked good to bad now out for the year

Week four and Peyton Manning bears a vivd resemblance to that guy that used to be on the Colts, What was his name? You know, the guy they gave up on? What was his name?

I know the man of who you speak.

Anthony Gonzales. Finest athlete I have ever seen. Sure fire hall of famer. Not sure why we ever let him go......:(

Err...How does fighting to come back at the end of the game (and almost succeeding) qualify as "padding his stats"? Also, the career high in incompletions was helped by about 5-6 drops by his receivers as well, so....

Just saying. Manning has played very well in 3/4 games. However, the Steelers defense looks like it may not actually be too good...

Other than McCain getting burned down the seam for a TD, pretty much all of his 4th quarter yardage came in the huge open field in front of him when we were playing really deep coverage. I didn't agree with the defensive calls being made late in the game. I wasn't afraid of Manning at all.

Well, 4 year old demon finally exorcised!

I guess I shouldn't be too excited; it's just the Raiders after all. BUT, my oh my, it was fun. We allowed only 1 third down conversion and we never punted. That's stunning.

There has been a whisper that we cannot stop zone blocking team (Raiders, Texans) and also a whisper in the Bay Area that McFadden is struggling this year because they switched to zone blocking this year. I guess it's about players/execution.

..and I dont know what Oakland was doing...

they seemed to have watched the Houston-Denver game the week before and were worried that Peyton would slice them over the top down the ahshmarks like he did with Decker and DT....in the second half..against the Texans

This week..he did little of that...dragging the TE and WR across in frotn of LBs..

and throwing old school 'swing' passes to the backs against what looked eerily like Indy's old Tampa 2...that I dont think the raiders play, do they?

The old cowboy was in total control...30 of 38..no sacks..no picks...

He needs to work with the kicker Prater on his throwing motion, though....That was weak

Anyone Else Think

Matt Prater throws a worse spiral than Tebow

one of the worse fake executions I ever saw

Agreed.

I did like how Manning and Fox were busting his chops a bit. in the press conference.

Fox:

On the fake field goal

“I’m not sure it will go down quite with Montana, Rice or any of those great passing combinations but we probably won’t see that one again for a while.

“It was a little disappointing. I didn’t see exactly what happened. We got the look that we were looking for and obviously it wasn’t very well executed. It was really supposed to be designed more of as a run than a pass.”

Manning:

On K Matt Prater as a QB and OG Zane Beadles as a route-runner

“Well, [head coach John] Fox took my line. He took my line already, so I’m not going to repeat the same thing already. I just kind of told them to maybe give ‘Manning to Stokley’ a chance, maybe before ‘Prater to Beadles.’ It’s one of the all-time great combinations, right? [it’s] ‘[Jim] Kelly-[Andre] Reed,’ ‘[Joe] Montana-[Jerry] Rice,’ ‘Prater-Beadles,’ you know.”

Worse than Tebow????

That's cold, 'B'

Maybe If I watched more Denver games last year I would have been less critical , , My comment was based on few I saw but heard he also threw bounce balls to receivers so maybe was too critical , stiill one of worse fake executions seen

Sometimes u jusst say what u feel at that moment,

was just a stunningly absub / executed play when u have Peyton & Mgeeeeeeeeee as options or just let him make that 53 yarder, he did later , its in denver air woulds of put us up more bvy halftime out of reach of a TD I think ??