Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9-30-12 Oakland @ Denver - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

Must win for Denver....

The Broncos cant lose division games at home......

I thought the offense at a peak in the fourth quarter last week...

..and the Raiders lost Darrius Heyward-Bey so the pass attack will lack

If the Broncos dont fall 20 points behind by the thrid quarter...they should be able to outscore Denver...

This is the pivotal game of the year so far and it would have been even if *'d have won last week.

Must win for Denver....

If the Broncos dont fall 20 points behind by the thrid quarter...they should be able to outscore Denver...

This is the pivotal game of the year so far and it would have been even if *'d have won last week.

I really hate "must win" games. I really want to say there is no such thing; we can always recover. BUT, it's true we cannot afford to lose division games at home. But then again, I want to say we can always win in Oakland! Arrgh! I hate the Raider week.

You meant Denver should outscore Oakland, right??? :)

Broncos 34 Oakland 24 is what I expect it to be

Broncos get 30 plus offensive points for the first time.

I so hope you are right, Chad!

Must win for Denver....

Need to stop McFadden without Suspended Mays who can tackle otherwise Palmer play actions

Broncos' Willis McGahee on track to play vs. Oakland Raiders

The Broncos' starting running back was practicing for the second consecutive day Thursday despite having sore ribs from a hit he took in the second half of last week's game against Houston.

McGahee was able to participate without any limitations in Thursday's practice. He was limited on Wednesday.

McGahee will decide later this week if he will wear additional padding on his torso for the Broncos' next game.

WR Willis (hamstring), LB Nate Irving (concussion) and S Quinton Carter (knee) remain out, though Irving and Willis were on the field to participate in stretching and watch practice from the sidelines.

Read more:Broncos' Willis McGahee on track to play vs. Oakland Raiders - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21644797/broncos-willis-mcgahee-track-play-vs-oakland-raiders#ixzz27hkG7zPa

I really hate "must win" games. I really want to say there is no such thing; we can always recover. BUT, it's true we cannot afford to lose division games at home. But then again, I want to say we can always win in Oakland! Arrgh! I hate the Raider week.

I so hope you are right, Chad!

I hear you BAB......about the 'must win'

Obviously..mathematically.....nobody's out of anything after 4 games...

But a division win makes the 1-2 start less relevant...

The Broncos need that division title and that home game

...I'm looking to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division and a home West game cant be lost early

..and yeah..I meant they can outscore Oak....

the raiders are very talneted but they always give you a chnace with fumbles or penalties

If Willis Magahee plays.....that's big for Denver

.....and the Raiders being short a corner... Shawntage Spencer...

except for Joe Mays one game "vacation"...this isnt bad..at all

I dont think Chris Kuper has played all season...has he?

Yes, having McGahee is a big plus. Loss of Joe Mays is really bad, however. We got two rookies (6th rounder and undrated!) filling in with Mays and Nate Irving out. Yup, Kuper hasn't played all seeason. I don't know how much he'll play. I hope he will be in decent game shape soon.

http://www.nfl.com/n...?module=HP11_cp

New article on Peyton, I'm sure we all already knew this though. This season is very reminiscent of 2008.

from above, true but as article says

a few things are new. In Denver, everything but Jacob Tamme and Brandon Stokley is new. And the past six months have been a time of major transition.

McCoy has said repeatedly that the scheme was being formed on the fly through the spring and into the summer. The Denver offensive staff pored over Colts film to find elements to incorporate into the Broncos' own flexible scheme to A) make Manning more comfortable; and B) accomplish what McCoy's goal always is with his offense, which is to get the most out of the 11 players on the field at all times.

===================================

precision is rarely a quick process. And any offense with Manning at quarterback, especially a Manning in his 15th year on the job, is going to be about precision.

After a year off, Manning hasn't always been as sharp as he'd like. But again, he is a football perfectionist by nature. He didn't throw all that much in 2011 and certainly didn't throw much with receivers running routes at full speed.

He's also learning his receivers' likes and dislikes as well as their route-running habits.

He's doing that in a new offense. There are pieces of the Colts offense in what the Broncos are doing, particularly, it appears, the route tree for the wide receivers. Yet it's a new playbook overall for Manning.

And because Manning was injured for the 2011 season and was not throwing for much of the time leading up to last season as well because of his neck troubles, he dealt with the league's new offseason schedule for the first time this past summer.

In years past, Manning would have thrown far more to his receivers during the offseason at the team's facility. Through the years, these workouts were legendary. Colts receivers such as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne routinely said it was at the root of why the Colts were able to do what they did on offense.

However, because of the new collective bargaining agreement that was signed last year, Manning returned to the field this year to find an entirely different offseason schedule than he had ever encountered before. He couldn't be at the team's facility, throwing to teammates nearly as much as he had previously in his career.

Many coaches around the league have said the biggest impact the new offseason rules will have will come in the offensive line and in quarterback play.

Or as Rams coach Jeff Fisher put it: "If the quarterback wants to be in the building it's hard for me to understand why we don't allow it."

Read more:Peyton Manning, Broncos offense continue to address timing, protection - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21652782/peyton-manning-broncos-offense-continue-address-timing-protection#ixzz27quNkD3U

If Willis Magahee plays.....that's big for Denver

.....and the Raiders being short a corner... Shawntage Spencer...

except for Joe Mays one game "vacation"...this isnt bad..at all

I dont think Chris Kuper has played all season...has he?

Read somewhere Kuper may play next game, should play following one

Broncos' Willis McGahee on track to play vs. Oakland Raiders

The Broncos' starting running back was practicing for the second consecutive day Thursday despite having sore ribs from a hit he took in the second half of last week's game against Houston.

McGahee was able to participate without any limitations in Thursday's practice. He was limited on Wednesday.

McGahee will decide later this week if he will wear additional padding on his torso for the Broncos' next game.

WR Willis (hamstring), LB Nate Irving (concussion) and S Quinton Carter (knee) remain out, though Irving and Willis were on the field to participate in stretching and watch practice from the sidelines.

Read more:Broncos' Willis McGahee on track to play vs. Oakland Raiders - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz27hkG7zPa

Carter ruled out

This can't be good for Quinton Carter. A 12-game starter as a rookie safety last season, Carter has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders because of a recurring knee injury.

Because Carter had surgery on the same knee in training camp, there is fear his setback could be long term.

The team is discussing a possible roster move.

Read more:Broncos safety Quinton Carter sidelined because of knee injury - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...y#ixzz27qsV32mC

http://www.nfl.com/n...?module=HP11_cp

New article on Peyton, I'm sure we all already knew this though. This season is very reminiscent of 2008.

from above, true but as article says

a few things are new. In Denver, everything but Jacob Tamme and Brandon Stokley is new. And the past six months have been a time of major transition.

McCoy has said repeatedly that the scheme was being formed on the fly through the spring and into the summer. The Denver offensive staff pored over Colts film to find elements to incorporate into the Broncos' own flexible scheme to A) make Manning more comfortable; and B) accomplish what McCoy's goal always is with his offense, which is to get the most out of the 11 players on the field at all times.

===================================

precision is rarely a quick process. And any offense with Manning at quarterback, especially a Manning in his 15th year on the job, is going to be about precision.

After a year off, Manning hasn't always been as sharp as he'd like. But again, he is a football perfectionist by nature. He didn't throw all that much in 2011 and certainly didn't throw much with receivers running routes at full speed.

He's also learning his receivers' likes and dislikes as well as their route-running habits.

He's doing that in a new offense. There are pieces of the Colts offense in what the Broncos are doing, particularly, it appears, the route tree for the wide receivers. Yet it's a new playbook overall for Manning.

And because Manning was injured for the 2011 season and was not throwing for much of the time leading up to last season as well because of his neck troubles, he dealt with the league's new offseason schedule for the first time this past summer.

In years past, Manning would have thrown far more to his receivers during the offseason at the team's facility. Through the years, these workouts were legendary. Colts receivers such as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne routinely said it was at the root of why the Colts were able to do what they did on offense.

However, because of the new collective bargaining agreement that was signed last year, Manning returned to the field this year to find an entirely different offseason schedule than he had ever encountered before. He couldn't be at the team's facility, throwing to teammates nearly as much as he had previously in his career.

Many coaches around the league have said the biggest impact the new offseason rules will have will come in the offensive line and in quarterback play.

Or as Rams coach Jeff Fisher put it: "If the quarterback wants to be in the building it's hard for me to understand why we don't allow it."

Read more:Peyton Manning, Broncos offense continue to address timing, protection - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz27quNkD3U

CONTINUED

Manning and the Broncos receivers did gather on their own many times. But those workouts, at least the smattering I saw, were nowhere near the length and the frequency Manning had with his teammates during his time in Indianapolis.

And for any top-flight quarterback, especially those in the going-to-Canton level like Manning, the difference between good timing and poor timing with his receivers is only inches, a step here or a step there.

Asked this week about the timing Manning said:

"That's something they're always trying to do, any quarterback and receiver, is to throw on time and the quarterback put the ball where he wants it and the receivers to be where they're supposed to be. I think that's always something you're trying to do."

So, it will continue to be a work in progress through the season and into next offseason.

Read more:Peyton Manning, Broncos offense continue to address timing, protection - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz27qvTZLoo

according to denver web site this game isnt one switched to 425 but is 405 PM Eastern

2012 SCHEDULE

RAIDERS

(1-2-0)

BRONCOS

(1-2-0 )

AT

Sunday, Sep 30, 2012 at 2:05PM MDT

Schedule

http://www.denverbro.../2012/regular4/

another link shows other gamnes with delayed starting times

http://www.denverbro...ents/index.html

also please see recent rivalry history & game keys

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/11090-denver-6-12-vs-oakland/#entry298859

Yeah the same way every QB slices up the Colts secondary, or the way Schaub torched Denver last week, MUCHAS GRACIAS ;0: :): ;)

Finally, something relevant and recent! :clap: haha That was a crazy game though in the last five minutes.

Yeah the same way every QB slices up the Colts secondary, or the way Schaub torched Denver last week, MUCHAS GRACIAS ;0: :): ;)

Yeah I noticed the Colts stellar defense from the last several years that we are accustomed to isn't in top form yet. Whats up with that one.

:dunno:

Didn't Manning for the most part shred the Texans defense last week too? 330ish yards, 2 TD's no picks? He also shredded the Steelers pretty good too. Really, his only bad game was the first quarter of the Falcons game.

He padded his stats well in the final quarter, he also threw a career high in incomplete passes. If our DBs decided to catch anything we would have picked him 4 times.

Is it just me or did Dan Koppen at center help their no huddle offense much better than J.D.Walton? It might be a blessing in disguise, IMO.

Barn Burner at Foxboro next week. The Pats are still the favorites. Good for the Broncos, the Pats dont have both their TEs, and Broncos can tee in on Gronk more often.

Is it just me or did Dan Koppen at center help their no huddle offense much better than J.D.Walton? It might be a blessing in disguise, IMO.

Barn Burner at Foxboro next week. The Pats are still the favorites. Good for the Broncos, the Pats dont have both their TEs, and Broncos can tee in on Gronk more often.

Agreed &so does this article that also says Walton may have broken ankle according to some rerports, Fox not commenting yet

Broncos injury update: Walton's ankle a worry, but Dan Koppen steps up

Broncos coach John Fox declined to discuss the severity of the injury, but reports that the ankle was broken leaked out of the locker room after the game—a diagnosis that would end his season

Denver's offense actually became more effective after Koppen entered. After snapping once to Peyton Manning for a kneeldown at the end of the first half, he anchored the offensive line in the third quarter, when the Broncos scored 21 consecutive points while amassing 180 yards, 11 first downs and 7.5 yards per play.

Broncos running back Willis McGahee gained 72 of his 112 yards after halftime, averaging 6.5 yards per carry after Koppen stepped into the lineup.

http://aol.sportingn...n-koppen-center

Broncos' J.D. Walton suffers broken ankle, likely out for the yea

e:Broncos' J.D. Walton suffers broken ankle, likely out for the year - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21667928/broncos-j-d-walton-suffers-broken-ankle-likely?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz282Wsb3tK

He padded his stats well in the final quarter, he also threw a career high in incomplete passes. If our DBs decided to catch anything we would have picked him 4 times.

Just imagine if dT didnt fumble while changing football from 1 arm to another with that what 70- yard screen play, could of padded even more

Manning looking like old self: Denver quarterback Peyton Manning completed 30 of his 38 passes for a season-best 338 yards and three touchdowns during the Broncos' 37-6 victory over Oakland in Week 4. For the second straight game, Manning did not throw an interception. Last week, he set a career high with 26 incompletions. This week, he threw only eight as excelled with short crossing routes and screen passes against a depleted Raiders defense. Manning connected on touchdown passes to Joel Dreessen (22 yards), Eric Decker (17) and Lance Ball (14) for his first three-score game since Dec. 26, 2010, also against Oakland. "It's hard to play against Peyton Manning no matter what," coach Dennis Allen said. "He's a Hall of Fame quarterback and there's a reason he's a Hall of Fame quarterback."

(Updated 9/30/12)

Manning, who padded his record total of 300-yard passing games to 65,( if u call that padding I think they were sarcastic ) looked like the quarterback of old -- standing at the line, diagnosing a defense, then choosing, in most cases, to throw quick screens or crossing routes. He spread his 30 completions to eight receivers. "He's getting more comfortable," coach John Fox said. "Let's not forget he didn't play for over a year and this is a new team, new coaching staff, new city, new field, new everything for him. The type of guy he is, he's going to get better and better." Manning's ability to bounce back from a poor performance is also an encouraging sign and he should remain active in the majority of Fantasy formats for Week 5 at New England. It's well-documented the battles he and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady have waged in the past.

(Updated 9/30/12

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12531/peyton-manning

130 -- Peyton Manning passer rating ( Near articles bottom )

http://www.cbssports...kings-seriously

I always really liked Schaub

======================