Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Will Have 35+ Td's

Barring the first two games of rust, I feel that Peyton Manning will have a stellar season. He has his complete receiving corps back (Minus Gonzalez), a somewhat improved offensive line, and a bruiser in Delones Carter who can get the extra 2 yards on 3rd and 2 (We had a drop in 3rd down success rates). This means drives will be kept alive longer which will ultimately lead to more red zone attempts. So, I am making the prediction that Manning will have a 35+ TD season. It is not irrational if you think about it, since he had 33 TD's last season. BTW, my fantasy team (12 team league) looks a little something like this:

Peyton Manning (Over Philip Rivers)

Arian Foster

Marshawn Lynch

Mario Manningham

Reggie Wayne (Over Vincent Jackson. I feel like this was a mistake)

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Steelers D

Vinatieri

Also got Tim Hightower in like round 8 or 10 (He is a steal at this point. New starting RB for Redskins)

Week 11 is an automatic loss for me, but I do get all the byes out of the way in one week. I hope the Colts do well!

I too have thought this year Manning might surpass his old touchdown record. 33 touchdowns to 17 interceptions so really if he didn't have that injury bug hit his receiving corp hard last year, I don't think it is out of the question he could of had 40+ touchdowns.

Barring the first two games of rust, I feel that Peyton Manning will have a stellar season. He has his complete receiving corps back (Minus Gonzalez), a somewhat improved offensive line, and a bruiser in Delones Carter who can get the extra 2 yards on 3rd and 2 (We had a drop in 3rd down success rates). This means drives will be kept alive longer which will ultimately lead to more red zone attempts. So, I am making the prediction that Manning will have a 35+ TD season. It is not irrational if you think about it, since he had 33 TD's last season. BTW, my fantasy team (12 team league) looks a little something like this:

Peyton Manning (Over Philip Rivers)

Arian Foster

Marshawn Lynch

Mario Manningham

Reggie Wayne (Over Vincent Jackson. I feel like this was a mistake)

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Steelers D

Vinatieri

Also got Tim Hightower in like round 8 or 10 (He is a steal at this point. New starting RB for Redskins)

Week 11 is an automatic loss for me, but I do get all the byes out of the way in one week. I hope the Colts do well!

Do you play a lot of fantasy football because by your team I would have to say no. I agree that Manning will have a great year but in order to be good in your league you have to have other than Colts on your team.

• 6 months later...

Here's what my dream (but realistic) team looks like for next year (notice how's there no PM):

QBs -- Aaron Rodgers (keeper), Jay Cuter

RBs -- Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore

WRs -- Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Michael Crabtree

TEs -- Jimmy Graham, Jacob Tamme

Ks -- Sebastian Janikowski

DEFs -- 49ers, Packers

Yea, no chance I touch Manning this year.

I'm not sure who I want to be my QB this year, will likely be a low risk high reward person, such as Cutler, Palmer or Stafford,

I worry he'll be overvalued, especially in my league of 12 avid Colts fans, but if people get too afraid of him after he busted so badly last year, and he slips into round 5 or later... I might consider him a steal at that point.

My two leagues don't usually draft until right before the first game. If Peyton plays well in preseason games, many will revise their thinking of where he will be drafted. As the only Colt fan in either of my leagues, I got Peyton in the 3rd round last year and had Matt Cassel as a back up. It was a homer pick in the 3rd round but I thought he would come back. Like PeytonGirl, now I wish I was in a keeper league.

I always have at least one Colt on one of my teams. It's a good thing that one of my leagues is IDP; I can draft a defensive player.

GO COLTS!

It's never too early in the season to talk FF... hehe..

I took a hit last year when AP got hurt, I am in a 3 player keeper league.... I pick 7th next year, SB runner up and 2 new people buying into the league so they automatically go to the end of the draft order.

My options are

AP (I may actually keep him If I hear he is rehabbing nicely.

Brady (I know I'm keeping him)

Nicks

Roddy White

CJ Spiller

DeMarco Murray

Leaning towards Brady, Nicks, and White .... hate letting AP go, he made me a lot of $$ the last few years.

I don't really know what I will do... I do know I am targeting Brandon Lloyd, D Thomas, Tamme, and T Richardson early. And I will take Luck with my second pick if he is there... :) And he is a Colt.

My two leagues don't usually draft until right before the first game. If Peyton plays well in preseason games, many will revise their thinking of where he will be drafted. As the only Colt fan in either of my leagues, I got Peyton in the 3rd round last year and had Matt Cassel as a back up. It was a homer pick in the 3rd round but I thought he would come back. Like PeytonGirl, now I wish I was in a keeper league.

I always have at least one Colt on one of my teams. It's a good thing that one of my leagues is IDP; I can draft a defensive player.

GO COLTS!

I try to land a Colt also each year problem is in a 3 player keeper league all the "known" studs are being kept.

I want Luck or Griffin bad ... whoever is a Colt, and I think there is little doubt it will be Luck.

I think Brown may be big this season also. I want to handcuff Brown and Carter if I can.

It's never too early in the season to talk FF... hehe..

I took a hit last year when AP got hurt, I am in a 3 player keeper league.... I pick 7th next year, SB runner up and 2 new people buying into the league so they automatically go to the end of the draft order.

My options are

AP (I may actually keep him If I hear he is rehabbing nicely.

Brady (I know I'm keeping him)

Nicks

Roddy White

CJ Spiller

DeMarco Murray

Leaning towards Brady, Nicks, and White .... hate letting AP go, he made me a lot of $$ the last few years.

I don't really know what I will do... I do know I am targeting Brandon Lloyd, D Thomas, Tamme, and T Richardson early. And I will take Luck with my second pick if he is there... :) And he is a Colt.

I agree with your keepers. I've never played in a keep league so don't know how your picks are affected. Does White or Brady count as your second round pick?

I try to land a Colt also each year problem is in a 3 player keeper league all the "known" studs are being kept.

I want Luck or Griffin bad ... whoever is a Colt, and I think there is little doubt it will be Luck.

I think Brown may be big this season also. I want to handcuff Brown and Carter if I can.

I forgot to mention that I am picking 7th in the league where I picked Peyton last year. Essentially 9 of us have been together for 10 years and I have 3 championships in that league but everyone in my league agrees that I drafted badly last year and never should have picked Peyton. Hope to talk Fantasy Football as the season gets close.

I agree with your keepers. I've never played in a keep league so don't know how your picks are affected. Does White or Brady count as your second round pick?

Each team keeps 3 off of the previous years roster.. and the rest go into he pool. So on the draft board the first 3 rounds are just filled in with your keepers. Then at the start of round 4 we actually start picking. And it's a serpentine draft.

So the 4th pick is actually the first pick of the available players in the live draft.

It is still WAY early... my league drafts on the Sunday of the final week of preseason... but I'm starting to target Avery and Carter as potential late round gems that even a lot of the Colts fans in my league will probably not over-value.