Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries coming out of the bye

Indyboy757

I know that Freeney and ritz should be back after the bye but what about angerer and Chapman and I heard Davis against green Ba anyone heard any different

colts-35.png Colts | Pat Angerer optimistic about Week 5 availability Wed Sep 26, 02:26 PM

Indianapolis Colts LB Pat Angerer (foot) said his foot is feeling better and is optimistic about being able to play Week 5. He said his challenge will be trusting the foot when he returns.

Link to story

Pat Angerer player page

Hi not sure where to post this, and can't start a new thread nor does it need one... But I have a question?

I was walking thru the lobby of my building downtown Indy, and they are hosting a Coca-Cola event, and I swear I saw Mathis in the lobby... He was wearing a boot on his left foot? Is he injured or something or just a tweak? Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks!

W

Hi not sure where to post this, and can't start a new thread nor does it need one... But I have a question?

I was walking thru the lobby of my building downtown Indy, and they are hosting a Coca-Cola event, and I swear I saw Mathis in the lobby... He was wearing a boot on his left foot? Is he injured or something or just a tweak? Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks!

Well I haven't heard anything on Mathis, only player I know in a boot is Davis but if it was Mathis you saw I'm sure its minor being there has been no report on him being injured so far and the fact the its our bye.

Let's say we get Chapman back after week 6 and he becomes the starter. Does anybody here think Mookie Johnson has the capability to be an effective defensive end? I know Polian used to speak highly of him at times in the four three at DT, so I'm wandering is he versatile enough to play DE as well? Or would he just be Chapmans backup at NT?

My gut tells me he has the ability to play DE in the three four.

I think he may even perform better at DE

Mookie is only a step above Linkenbach to most of the people on this board, but I'm a member of the support group that thinks he has value. I'll admit that I'd like to see AJ tried as a hybrid DE/DT - particularly if Chapman takes his spot as forecast at NT. Given the way that other teams have shuffled players between NT and DE, it doesn't seem far fetched. Putting 2 NT type bodies on the field to control 3 or 4 gaps against running teams makes all kinds of sense. The base look of the Ravens hybrid 4-3 is Cody and Ngata controlling the 3 inside gaps shifted toward the strong side. It also doesn't seem like a stretch that you could line Mookie up on a tackle and expect him to control 2 gaps as 3-4 DE. He'll never disrupt much with penetration, but he isn't easy to move in a 1 on 1 match up either. He is a player that I won't be surprised either way if he stays or goes, but I'd like to see him tried in other ways before he goes.

Let's say we get Chapman back after week 6 and he becomes the starter. Does anybody here think Mookie Johnson has the capability to be an effective defensive end? I know Polian used to speak highly of him at times in the four three at DT, so I'm wandering is he versatile enough to play DE as well? Or would he just be Chapmans backup at NT?

My gut tells me he has the ability to play DE in the three four.

no mookie will be chapmon backup, he's not athletic or quick enough to play de.

no mookie will be chapmon backup, he's not athletic or quick enough to play de.

I'm not so sure about that. You have to be athletic if they are going to play you as a DT in a Cover 2 scheme with lineman that are supposed to play the run on the way to the passer. He would have to have the ability to pursue. Once they put him in there as a DT under Polian, Johnson as far as I can remember was always a starter. I believe he does have enough to play DE, but it's hard to see when you are playing NT taking on double teams in the new scheme. It's possible he may not have it at this time, due to all the weight he went and gained.