Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Marvez Tweets Manning Might Be Off The Pup Soon

GoColts8818

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/107305569035100163

Now that just means he's might come off the PUP list which is what I figured he would be since if he was on that to start the season he would have to miss the first six weeks. It will be interesting to see if Manning takes warm ups vs. the Bengals. When he missed time in 08 he took warm ups the last two games. I think if he does that this time it would be the best sign so far that he's playing week one.

Well isn't it he either comes off pup soon or can't play the first 5-6 weeks? Sorta inevitable I think.

Yep if he's not off the PUP by the start of the season he' must miss the first 6 weeks. So it's not a sign he's starting per say but it's a sign the Colts expect him to miss less than six weeks IF he misses time at all. It's not great news but it's not bad news either.

Peyton to the rescue!

Seriously though, if the rest of the team plays as well as they did tonight, we'll be rolling.

You know if we play like we did tonight even without Peyton we are going to have a fighting chance vs. anyone. If we play like this with Peyton we are going to have another 14-0 start or so.

You know if we play like we did tonight even without Peyton we are going to have a fighting chance vs. anyone. If we play like this with Peyton we are going to have another 14-0 start or so.

You are assuming Peyton is not going to be rusty like 2008 to start the game. If I am Wade Philips, I am bringing the heat because without ample reps, connecting on the hot reads is one of the most difficult things to do with your wideouts. That is what the Bears did in the beginning of the 2008 season and it worked and Peyton wasn't completing a lot of passes.

Unless Peyton starts the reps with his wideouts A WEEK before game 1, I would have my doubts on how effective he can be.

You are assuming Peyton is not going to be rusty like 2008 to start the game. If I am Wade Philips, I am bringing the heat because without ample reps, connecting on the hot reads is one of the most difficult things to do with your wideouts. That is what the Bears did in the beginning of the 2008 season and it worked and Peyton wasn't completing a lot of passes.

Unless Peyton starts the reps with his wideouts A WEEK before game 1, I would have my doubts on how effective he can be.

No I am not assuming that. If we play like we did last night we have other thing to carry us even if Manning is rusty so he wont have to carry the tam. I really think if we play like we did last night the Texans are going to have their hands full with us with or without Manning. The key is going to be playing like we did last night every week. If we don't have that kinda effort and we are depending on Manning to carry us like we did in 08 vs. the Bears we ar in trouble.

Yea I figured that would happen in the next few days. It's obvious that he will be missing less than six games. My guess is that he will be listed a questionable up until gametime of each game he misses. The game he finally does come back in, hopefully it's week 1, he will probably be announced the started hours before kickoff.

It also seems like this is a different scenario than in 2008. The reason I say that is because the defense is definitely looking more promising this year because of our stout defensive line. There will be less pressure on Manning to score a TD on every possession.

Yep if he's not off the PUP by the start of the season he' must miss the first 6 weeks. So it's not a sign he's starting per say but it's a sign the Colts expect him to miss less than six weeks IF he misses time at all. It's not great news but it's not bad news either.

Right. Another obvious move that will be blown out of proportion when it happens.

The only news story would be if he wasn't taken off PUP by season start.