Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 Colts Draft / Free Agency

Here is yet another edition to my mock free agency and draft for the Colts...

Free Agency

-We let Freeney go to save all that money to spend elsewhere.

-We sign NT Terrance Knighton from the Jags (Taking him from a division opponent and he is still young. Was a pretty good player for them. He will share time with Chapman since AJ could be gone.)

-The reason I dont have us signing a whole bunch of FAs is because of the lack of starter caliber players at a younger age are not available. Plus I see us retaining some of our own like CB Jerraud Powers and DT Fili Moala.

Draft...

1st(9th overall)- Indy trades down to 20th overall, gets extra 2nd round pick. (Unless a stud pass rusher is there, we may as well trade down. )

-Indy selects OG Chance Warmack (We have a very good OG to open up running lanes and help protect Luck opposite either Reitz or Ijalana at the other OG spot.)

2nd(via trade)- SS Kenny Vacarro (A starting SS is needed to make our secondary very good and quite frankly Zbikowski isnt doing much.)

3rd- DE/OLB DeMontre Moore (You can never have enough pass rushers, and Hughes still is uncertain.)

I definitely think we'll resign more players in free agency, but we won't just sit on all that money we'll have lol. We'll spend it somewhere. I'm there will be some obvious candidates, but I'm sure Grigs will be himself and find these guys we've never really heard of. As for your draft choices, I think you're off to a good start. Though at the 9th, I would be surprised if there is a player we just shouldn't pass up. For example Luke Kuechley was the 9th overall pick last year, and he's on pace to be the defensive rookie of the year. 9th is no number 1, but top 10 picks are always worth considering even if you have a pretty sure thing in the 15-25s. HOWEVER, I am a pretty big fan of finding the 1st round lineman late in the first, because there aren't any exciting linemen going into free agency who won't be resigned, I just think there's a reason that people trading out of the top 10 isn't that common unless they're getting a big deal which would probably only happen if there is a franchise QB there.

if we can sign knighton or another solid nt i wouldn't mind moving back in the draft but not for chance womack. offense is not the problem luck will keep us in gm's but defensively we have to get better. we drafted all offense last draft and i think grigson will go all defense. we still need to fix the secondary so i think we draft xavier rhodes, powers can move to the slot where he would be best suited.