Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Wells on Twitter

PMan Escape Plan

"Hi, my name is Ben, and I happen to follow Brad Wells on twitter."

"Hi Ben" (crowd responds)

I don't know why I do this. I guess it was just my severe interest in the catastrophe of a season we experienced last year and the circumstances that followed. This lead to daily rumors of who's-who up and dow the organizational totem pole. I couldn't resist my desire to keep a close eye on all colts related tweeters in attempt to get insight in to the new direction of the entire franchise.

Brad Wells happens to be one of those that I chose to follow.

Now, I enjoy Brad's opinion from time to time (I mean he writes about my team so he already has my interest), but as this previous offseason and early regular season have taken place my infuriation and intolerance with Brad Wells' comments have grown like that man vs food-guy's waist line..

His comments are often negative, and typically come off as cynical. He defends his comments as "accurately unbiased" as opposed to "fan-based," but if you follow him you realize thats just a smoke screen for his **** parade on what is a YOUNG, VERY PROMISING, TEAM.

Notice how I also emphasized "young" as well? Just because I focus on the positives doesn't mean I ignore the casualties of having a "young" team. Colts aren't great,and currently they're not even that good, but they're RAW, and they have PASSION. They're gonna be mistake-prone, but they're gonna play with ENERGY... And as this team continues to evolve the skill catches up with the mental make-up..

So in the mean-time, Brad, sit your punk-*** down, sign out of twitter, and enjoy the "Building of the Monster" as it matures into something special..

@nen_borris

Edited by Superman
masked profanity

I've never heard anyone talk nicely about Mr. Wells, so I have just not bothered to hear his opinion.

Nate Dunlevy is a good one to follow, although he does lose me with his "we should have never let Peyton go..." and the "Tampa 2/ 4-3 is far superior to the 3-4 even though i have no credible evidence of that" disposition, but at least he has an ability to write and entertain.

Everyone has their opinions and many think they could do the jobs of a Owner/GM/Coach. I say pick your poison and form your own opinions.

I've never heard anyone talk nicely about Mr. Wells, so I have just not bothered to hear his opinion.

Nate Dunlevy is a good one to follow, although he does lose me with his "we should have never let Peyton go..." and the "Tampa 2/ 4-3 is far superior to the 3-4 even though i have no credible evidence of that" disposition, but at least he has an ability to write and entertain.

Everyone has their opinions and many think they could do the jobs of a Owner/GM/Coach. I say pick your poison and form your own opinions.

i dont hink i have read him asy that tampa 2 > 3-4 where did he say that? im interested.

and the "Tampa 2/ 4-3 is far superior to the 3-4 even though i have no credible evidence of that" disposition

I haven't heard that either but one thing I can state is that the 3-4 can be overrated.

The right players in the right system can definitely make a 4-3 just as deadly as the 3-4.

Besides, since 2006, 4 out of the 6 SB winners played a base 4-3 (2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2009 Saints, 2011 Giants). The SB losers (at least 3 out of 6) in 2006 (Bears), 2009 (Colts), 2011 (Pats) all used some mixture of 4-3 in their D as well.

I haven't heard that either but one thing I can state is that the 3-4 can be overrated.

The right players in the right system can definitely make a 4-3 just as deadly as the 3-4.

Besides, since 2006, 4 out of the 6 SB winners played a base 4-3 (2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2009 Saints, 2011 Giants). The SB losers (at least 3 out of 6) in 2006 (Bears), 2009 (Colts), 2011 (Pats) all used some mixture of 4-3 in their D as well.

I agree 100% Chad but it's one thing to disagree, it's another to have a disposition that a certain scheme is inferior and never works, meanwhile the top 5 defenses in the league are all running a 3-4. Just saying...he doesn't give anything he disagree's with a fighting chance.

Agree. Another difference is that Nate can legitimately write. Wells aspires to turn StampedeBlue into the World Weekly News.