Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF: Packers at Seahawks [Merge]

stat2883

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, people are taking everything too seriously. Football is a game. Football is meant as entertainment, and that is exactly what we're getting. Entertainment in ways we didn't quite expect? Sure, but it's still entertainment. Just try to remember that at the end of the day, what happened on the field doesn't actually matter. It's what happens off the field that's important

So you've figured out that cancer, for example, is a bigger deal than the NFL. Awesome.

This isn't the WWF. Integrity is demanded by the fans.

I know a guy who is not only a Packer fan but started the Packers D and lost his fantasy game on that TD pass.

Well I know a guy who happens to know a guy who is friends with a guy who was once a guy that was a girl that was friends with his bosses wifes daughters friends uncles crew boss who happened to just be wearing a pink sweater as this all went down.

so what you're saying is, even though the Packers got screwed, it doesn't matter. They flew 6000 miles and should've won a hard fought game.. Stupid call at the end. A game shouldn't be decided on pathetic ref-ing.

Yes I'm saying that it doesn't matter. No one died. No one ended up in the hospital. It's a game. Yes the players get way overpaid for playing what is just a game, but it still is just a game.

And for the record, the game was more than just one play at the very end. Pack blew a ton of chances to win it earlier. and there were many "bad" calls for both sides throughout the game, including one imporant one that let the packers sustain the drive for the lead.

Well I know a guy who happens to know a guy who is friends with a guy who was once a guy that was a girl that was friends with his bosses wifes daughters friends uncles crew boss who happened to just be wearing a pink sweater as this all went down.

Dark-Helmet-Spaceballs.jpg

that pic was taken a full THREE seconds after the the simultaneous possession, possession to offense, thus TD, play dead . . .

I know the person who posted that is trying to show something that it is not . .

please see the video on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000066000/Hail-Mary-for-Hawks?module=HP11_headline_stack

you will notice the first video is the play in question . . .both players come down and simultaneous possession happens then they land on the ground, at roughly the 16 second mark of the video . . . at this point in time we have simultaneous possession, possesion then reverts to the offense, so we have offense possession of the ball in the end zone which then equals TD, at the point the play is dead as a door nail and nothing subsequent to that can effect the play . . .

it is a nice try by the twitter guy but it is not a reflection of the play . . .

Yes I'm saying that it doesn't matter. No one died. No one ended up in the hospital. It's a game. Yes the players get way overpaid for playing what is just a game, but it still is just a game.

And for the record, the game was more than just one play at the very end. Pack blew a ton of chances to win it earlier. and there were many "bad" calls for both sides throughout the game, including one imporant one that let the packers sustain the drive for the lead.

Ok. First of all, this a Football forum about a football game. Not a hospital. I'm glad no one died. I really am. But if every fan out there is gonna feel good about their team being screwed out of a win because no one died or ended up in the hospital, then what will the game come to? We're talking about football here.

With all respect, what you're saying is utterly lame. Perspective is key and if, for example, I set about to destroying my home because of all this, than your words would have merit.

Our reactions aren't in need of perspective. Why we're continuing to watch a sport that has no semblance of rules, that may need revisited.

Ok. First of all, this a Football forum about a football game. Not a hospital. I'm glad no one died. I really am. But if every fan out there is gonna feel good about their team being screwed out of a win because no one died or ended up in the hospital, then what will the game come to? We're talking about football here.

^This.

Besides, SupremeColtsFan, you seem to be the only person comparing this incident to severe real world issues. It's a big deal in NFL land, but you would be hard pressed to find someone flat out compare it to death, no matter how animated they seem about this.

Have you seen some of the reaction on here by posters and even in the media??? People are quickly losing perspective and acting like something criminal took place. When in reality, one it may have been the right call depending on the interpretation of the rule. Two, the regular refs could have screwed that up too. three, bad calls throughout for both teams. It balances out. Four, don't put yourself in a position to lose the game (meaning score more points and hold onto the ball after you intercept it)

that pic was taken a full THREE seconds after the the simultaneous possession, possession to offense, thus TD, play dead . . .

I know the person who posted that is trying to show something that it is not . .

http://www.nfl.com/v..._headline_stack

you will notice the first video is the play in question . . .both players come down and simultaneous possession happens then they land on the ground, at roughly the 16 second mark of the video . . . at this point in time we have simultaneous possession, possesion then reverts to the offense, so we have offense possession of the ball in the end zone which then equals TD, at the point the play is dead as a door nail and nothing subsequent to that can effect the play . . .

it is a nice try by the twitter guy but it is not a reflection of the play . . .

It is not simultaneous possession because you can't even see where Tate's arms are at. He never had atleast 50% possession. You are trying too hard man. It should've been an INT.

Actually you're wrong. This is a business, this is a business that is based off of entertainment and some of this entertainment is from a game. People will still watch the games, buy the gear etc. but don't think for a second this does not matter to the NFL as a whole. If you believe this doesn't matter then take a step back and look at the NFL not just as a game but as a business. PR can help and hurt businesses. Right now it's hurting the NFL. It's a billion dollar business. Tell me a time where you've seen the NFL media turn on the NFL in such a manner as we've seen on TV and social media.

SeahawksCatch_original.gif?1348545245

hOrH7.jpg

Just to give everyone a clear viewl. GIF and everything. Refs= :facepalm:

please see my post #248, supra, and the link to the NFL.com website, when you view the videos (which btw shows more of the play in your videos, which i know you can't post more perhaps due to this forums capacity), but when you look at the entire play, its does NOT matter who had control, possession or otherwise of the ball after the play is dead . . .

this above still photograph is not different then in a fumble recovery and scrub when one team is ruled getting the fumble . . .and then 5 seconds later and after the refs blow the whistle and control has been obtained someone steals the ball and comes out of the huddle and tries to claim his team has the ball . .. it looks good but it doesnt matter . . .

http://www.nfl.com/v..._headline_stack

BULLOCKS!!!

Touching the ball does not equate to possession.

It is not simultaneous possession because you can't even see where Tate's arms are at. He never had atleast 50% possession. You are trying too hard man. It should've been an INT.

ya and you can't see if the defender is bobbling the ball either . . .so it works boths ways . .. one can see what one wants to see . . . all is know is that both guys had the arms around the ball when they were both on the ground and that pretty easy call for me . . .

BULLOCKS!!!

Touching the ball does not equate to possession.

again, people are seeing what they want, think or wish to see . . . your guess is as good as mine and when its 50/50 on what is what, well then lets just say that 50/50 is a tie and in that case ties goes to the runner and offense . . .

Have you seen some of the reaction on here by posters and even in the media??? People are quickly losing perspective and acting like something criminal took place. When in reality, one it may have been the right call depending on the interpretation of the rule. Two, the regular refs could have screwed that up too. three, bad calls throughout for both teams. It balances out. Four, don't put yourself in a position to lose the game (meaning score more points and hold onto the ball after you intercept it)

No one is acting like a crime happened. We're acting as if a totally beyond pathetic call that robbed a win from an NFL team happened. Which it did. 1. From what I heard, the interpretation of the rule says if both players come down with simultaneous possession, then the offensive player gets the catch. But from EVERY view, Tate never had anywhere near 50% possession of the ball. 2.The real Refs could've screwed it up, but thats very HIGHLY unlikely. Not with proof of this magnitude. 3. Yes bad calls throughout the entire game, heck the entire 3 weeks into the NFL. 4. I really don't get what your point is, that happens alot in the NFL. Teams win games or lose games. Teams will always somehow be in a position to lose games, it's unavoidable.

again, people are seeing what they want, think or wish to see . . . your guess is as good as mine and when its 50/50 on what is what, well then lets just say that 50/50 is a tie and in that case ties goes to the runner and offense . . .

I wanted to see Seattle win. I wanted to see Tate catch the ball. Instead, after endless replays, all I see is an interception and a lame attempt to ploy a faux-catch.

I wouldn't want to see my Colts win that way. That was dirty.

ya and you can't see if the defender is bobbling the ball either . . .so it works boths ways . .. one can see what one wants to see . . . all is know is that both guys had the arms around the ball when they were both on the ground and that pretty easy call for me . . .

One had the ball in his chest with his arms around it, bobbling or not, one had his wrist and fingertips on it. Like you said, one can see what one wants to see.

faf37d102dc8259272925496d5399d13.png

Does this look like simultaneous possession to you? If so please explain why (actually that won't matter I'm still going to goon laugh at anyone who tries to defend it or "It goes both way" argument cause you're just fooling yourself).

games are won before the clock hit triple digits now? who new :dunno: . I get the whole in the big scheme of things this game did not matter but with that way of thinking alot of things dont matter but there is nothing wrong with caring about getting things done the right way regardless if they matter or not in the big scheme of things

I wanted to see Seattle win. I wanted to see Tate catch the ball. Instead, after endless replays, all I see is an interception and a lame attempt to ploy a faux-catch.

I wouldn't want to see my Colts win that way. That was dirty.

I don't like it either . . . and its too bad . . . sometimes things are not fair, but unfortunately all we can do it to do our best and make a decision on what we see . . .alas the location of the ball was hidden from the eyes of the refs and fans on the tube . . . and when we can't see somethings we can't make a definitive decision one way or the other . . . and the problem is, when the tie goes to one side, the teams that loses on the tie issues needs to show clear evidence that it is not a tie . . . and as it was hidden, the GB fans and supporters are unable to show a clear evidence of a non tie . . .

the burden is on GB to show clear evidence of it not being a tie . . . the burden is not on Seattle . . .and that is the problem this issue falls into the catagory of who has the burden of proof and many times, well lots of time in the courts of law in this country, fair or not, when one has the burden of proof, if you can not bring it, the other side wins . . .

the way i see it is the defender first got it then i see tate arms wrapped and intertwined with the defenders arm and they land . . .and for me that means he has both arms on the ball . . .so for me its a tie . . .much less clear proof of sole possesion by the defender . . .

something things may not work out, but he who has the benefit of not prooving sole possession he will win . . .

I think even the most ardent defenders of GB will agree that both were firing for the ball . . . indeed, if Tate "only had a finger on the ball" why did it take a full three seconds for the defender to roll away with the ball? . . .the fact that it was a struggle and took the defender three seconds to role away with the ball should ring common sense portion of people's brains to conclude that Tate had a tight, and thus control and possession, grip on the ball . . . and as such had legal and joint possession of the ball . . . if Tate "only lightly had the ball" then the defender would of easily riped it away . . . the fact that they fought for it for three seconds should answer any questions as to joint control . . .

faf37d102dc8259272925496d5399d13.png

Does this look like simultaneous possession to you? If so please explain why (actually that won't matter I'm still going to goon laugh at anyone who tries to defend it or "It goes both way" argument cause you're just fooling yourself).

please see my post earlier in this thread, post #248 supra, and what is contained therein for the answer to your question . . .

the way i see it is the defender first got it then i see tate arms wrapped and intertwined with the defenders arm and they land . . .and for me that means he has both arms on the ball . . .so for me its a tie . . .much less clear proof of sole possesion by the defender . . .

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD "TIE" MEANS?

One had the ball in his chest with his arms around it, bobbling or not, one had his wrist and fingertips on it. Like you said, one can see what one wants to see.

I know it is frustrating and things may not seem right . . .please see my post #274 and specifically the last paragraph . . .for me I see tates arms wrapped up and intertwined with the defender's arms . . .

alas, I just think this is sad, and rare case, when the tie goes to the offense and the otherside can't show enough evidence of sole possession . . .

it is true no one can truly see what happened as they both came down . . .but it looks to me like tate is grabbing for the ball and gets it . . his hands and arms on it . . .

it is just too bad this is one of those things when a defender first gets his hands on the ball but can not be deemed to have secure a INT, then the WR comes in and muddys it up and we can't determine if the defender retain sole possession . . . it is just one of those things when the edge goes to the offense . . may not be right and may not be what we feel in a particular instance, but when you have a rule that tie goes to one side . . . the other side needs to show it not a tie . . . its just too bad . . . expecially where the call had 100% direct impact on the game . . .

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD "TIE" MEANS?

yah when the both have control of the ball . . . do you?

btw, I think a good hint to you in this case is that they were both interlocked and fighting for a full three seconds . . .common sense dictates they both both had they hands on the ball . . . its not as complicated as you may think . . . we just need to use a little common sense and the principles of physics . . . i.e. if Tate did not have control of the ball, the defender, who happens to be fighting for his life to seperate the ball from tate on the last play of the game, who not be taking his sweet time and do it in three seconds . . . just a thought and some help from out friend Issac Newton (no relation to Cam :) )