Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF: Packers at Seahawks [Merge]

stat2883

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennings picked that off. Tate just had his arm caught in there. That is not simultaneous possession.

Another example of the refs caving to home crowd and home team. If this was at Lambo field they would have gotten it right. But there was no way after that * signaled touchdown they were going to reverse it with that crowd going ballistic.

That's exactly what I was getting at when I said I would go with the ruling on the field but I didn't think it was right to start with.

even the ruling on the field was up in the air at first...one guy signaled TD and the other INT....and they were standing right next to each other. crazy man...

The refs just screwed the Packers out of the game. I hope Seattle isn't proud of this victory. Jennings had the ball, not to mention Tate pushed off and should've been pass interference!! I'm not a fan of either team, so, this doesn't affect me, but I think the ending to this game was garbage

Edited by 21isSuperman
mod edit: language

Jennings did the discount double clutch and that let Tate get his hands on the ball..

He had the ball pulled to his body. It was clearly an INT.

I'm embarrassed at this spectacle called the NFL in it's current state. The first three weeks of this season are an embarrassment.

Russell Wilson was due one. His Wisconsin badgers were on the receiving end of a hail mary vs Kirk Cousins of Michigan State last year. This time, at the NFL level, he got one back :). I am happy for him but the game should not have been decided by that.

Simultaneous possession comes into place only if the defender did not demonstrate he did not have the ball before the offensive player got hold of it. Jennings did, it is Packers' ball and INT. Refs did not have balls to make that unpopular call.

I've been watching football for 27 years now.

This is the worst officiated game out of all of them. Goodell should be ashamed of himself, and Im considering not watching football next week.

This is disgusting and horrible, and if I were McCarthy I'd hit those refs so hard, so hard they die inside.

I've never felt so disgusted about one game in my life, and Im not even a Packers or Seahawks fan.

They need to resolve this ref issue or make the ones they have starting wearing ski masks and carrying guns so you're not surprised when they rob you of a 'W' like they just did to the Pack

How about the refs running into someone wearing ski masks and carrying guns, is that what you were referring to? It is just a matter of time, IMO before these refs are physically harmed. Football is a passionate sport with passionate fans and it takes only one psycho.

Actually, Goodell is doing a disservice to these refs by putting them in situations where they can only fail, unfortunately.

credit goes to the refs and Goodell for that embarrassment of an ending

Credit goes to that insane push off by Tate lol.

If you watch it again the ref that gives the TD signal looks right at the other ref and both do different signals at near the same time.

What a joke, embarrassment, any other adjective you want to use.

Just from the crappy highlight they have on nfl.com it clearly looks like a pick to me...

BUT all things aside this should have been absolutely carefully reviewed and then some...I am positive this is going to absolutely light a firestorm under almost every NFL fan. As much as I dislike GB I hate to see them stripped of a win.

He had the ball pulled to his body. It was clearly an INT.

I'm embarrassed at this spectacle called the NFL in it's current state. The first three weeks of this season are an embarrassment.

This is their primetime game. Their marquee. And this is what we get?

Pathetic. Packers got robbed. Period.

Just from the crappy highlight they have on nfl.com it clearly looks like a pick to me...

BUT all things aside this should have been absolutely carefully reviewed and then some...I am positive this is going to absolutely light a firestorm under almost every NFL fan. As much as I dislike GB I hate to see them stripped of a win.

It was reviewed... but WHO possessed the ball is unreviewable. They can only change the call of whether or not it was possessed.

Here's the kicker. Because of the > who signaled TD nothing can be reviewed after that to reverse the call. Simultaneous possession isn't reviewable, so that was that. The "review" at the end was just a farce.

Edit: I didn't even use a swear word, but it got bleeped out anyways lol.

Unreal ending. I can't believe how wrong the refs were. Aren't all touchdowns supposed to be reviewed? You can clearly see Tate push off the defender and Williams had most of the ball

As I said above, it was reviewed but the aspects of the play that needed to be changed are unchangeable by rule.

Perhaps NOW we'll get a settlement in this lockout.... remember, this is not a strike, the NFL locked out the refs.

It's been speculated that some team would have to get robbed, to lose a game it had legitimately won before the two sides would reach a settlement.

Well, that happened tonight. The Packers won, and the Seahawks lost. But that's not the way the game will be recorded for the record and history books. For shame.

The Shield took a bit hit tonight. A black-eye for the NFL.

Settle this nonsense, NFL, Settle. Get it done.

Unreal ending. I can't believe how wrong the refs were. Aren't all touchdowns supposed to be reviewed? You can clearly see Tate push off the defender and Williams had most of the ball

They did review it but they can't review PI here so.....I'm not sure why they couldn't just say no TD? I don't know....I just don't know.

What I do know is that I have become fast disillusioned and I have no interest in watching any more scab-ball.

As I said above, it was reviewed but the aspects of the play that needed to be changed are unchangeable by rule.

I don't think that's correct. Yes, the Pass Interference is unchangeable by rule.

But the replay ref could have ruled that this was an interception and not a catch. This IS changeable by rule. And they missed it.

Shame on the NFL.