Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Goal post rules. Did you know?

oldunclemark

Did you know the ball not only does not have to go between the uprights..or on a plane that would be

betwen the uprights..to be good

..but that ANY PART OF THE BALL which passes over ANY PART OF THE POST makes the field goal or extra point good.

I had never heard that until Sunday...

If you look at it that way....Balitmore's last second field goal Sundaya against NE was most definetly good.

Had any of you heard that before?

Did you know the ball not only does not have to go between the uprights..or on a plane that would be

betwen the uprights..to be good

..but that ANY PART OF THE BALL which passes over ANY PART OF THE POST makes the field goal or extra point good.

I had never heard that until Sunday...

If you look at it that way....Balitmore's last second field goal Sundaya against NE was most definetly good.

Had any of you heard that before?

I actually heard something different where they said a proportion of the ball has to be enough to be reasnable that it would go through the uprights if lower... IE a judgement call

I actually heard something different where they said a proportion of the ball has to be enough to be reasnable that it would go through the uprights if lower... IE a judgement call

Steve Tasker said during the Colts game when Adam made a close kick that if the ball went over any part of the upright it's good even if the smallest part of the ball goes over the outside of the upright and had it hit the upright if they extended and it would have bounced out as no good. As you said thought it's a judgement call though. I don't normally like Tasker but the one thing I think he knows is special teams.

Steve Tasker said during the Colts game when Adam made a close kick that if the ball went over any part of the upright it's good even if the smallest part of the ball goes over the outside of the upright and had it hit the upright if they extended and it would have bounced out as no good. As you said thought it's a judgement call though. I don't normally like Tasker but the one thing I think he knows is special teams.

Doesnt matter it is done, and the ref blew it IMO... but that entire game was a fiasco with the keystone cop refs so no matter what they had said on that FG kick they would have been questioned.. (because they stunk BADLY all game.)

If that is the case, AV's FG in the Jags game this week should be good by an inch of the ball that went by it. :)

No Joke, on his first attempt i was yelling at the tv because especially from the Ref view (camera angle underneath the uprights) it looked like it was above, which would make it good... oh well now I just knew the rule and was thinking it was possibly made... then they only showed the view from the opposite end zone, not giving us a clear view because we lose the depth perception of where the ball really is.... not making excuses or saying "it was 100% a made fg" it just looked, with the rules set how they are, to me, that it was good