Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cornerbacks

natelombardi

We need some help in the 3rd CB spot, and the 4th safety spot. Let us hope that 2 out of Bullitt, Bethea and Lefeged will be healthy all year, AND play well.

I'd say give Kevin Thomas some time with the first team defense and see how we do.

I stand by my opinion, but even if those players were average, we are still in pretty tied up on D... and when injury strikes, and they allways do at some point in time, we are eaten alive IMO.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with it. Jerraud Powers is better than average. Just watch him, he has potential to be great and is already shutting down some good WRs. Tommie Harris is already good, but he gets injured too often. Sims is better than average, and Angerer could be either average or good.

When injury strikes, it's "the next man up." That's how it's been for the last several year. We have good depth everywhere on the defense. DLs we have Anderson, Foster, Nevis (you never know, he could start), Moala (same as Nevis) as backups. On LB, we have Kavell Conner who did a great job filling it last year. Angerer backs up Brackett, and that means that Wheeler comes in. I've been impressed by him during the preseason. At DBs, we have Newton and Caldwell and Afalava to backup Bethea and Bullit. Oh, and we have a great young kid in Joe Lefeged. We have Thomas and Tryon to backup Lacey (even though he shouldn't start) and Powers. Bottomline, we have good depth on defense. I have a good feeling about our defense this year, especially the rush defense. The pass defense should be weak, especially from the players on the right side... cough cough Lacey. I'm more worried about hte offense, then I am about the defense; worried about Manning's readiness.

i agree with you about our coach but please dont call colts fans colt haters because we talk about a position that we think needs improvement. we all want the colts to win and we like our team.

You are not a hater because you expect someone who is supposed to be a professional to put forth their best effort. The Colts' Coaches, particularly Coach Croyer and this lame, soft, no blitz, no-pressure Tampa 2 D and Coach "On-side" Caldwell who consistently misuses time-outs and is seems asleep at the switch during crucial points of the game, are not serving either their players or their fans, very well. Preseason or not, the Packers are the NFL Champs and although the Colt players outplayed them, the Colts' coaches were out-coached, and the Pack won. We hate losing, and we hate it even worse because of stupidity, we don't hate the Colts.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with it. Jerraud Powers is better than average. Just watch him, he has potential to be great and is already shutting down some good WRs. Tommie Harris is already good, but he gets injured too often. Sims is better than average, and Angerer could be either average or good.

When injury strikes, it's "the next man up." That's how it's been for the last several year. We have good depth everywhere on the defense. DLs we have Anderson, Foster, Nevis (you never know, he could start), Moala (same as Nevis) as backups. On LB, we have Kavell Conner who did a great job filling it last year. Angerer backs up Brackett, and that means that Wheeler comes in. I've been impressed by him during the preseason. At DBs, we have Newton and Caldwell and Afalava to backup Bethea and Bullit. Oh, and we have a great young kid in Joe Lefeged. We have Thomas and Tryon to backup Lacey (even though he shouldn't start) and Powers. Bottomline, we have good depth on defense. I have a good feeling about our defense this year, especially the rush defense. The pass defense should be weak, especially from the players on the right side... cough cough Lacey. I'm more worried about hte offense, then I am about the defense; worried about Manning's readiness.

About the backups and rookies like Nevis ect, they could be really good, but for now they haven't got the skillset to be average, compared to the rest of the players in the league. Not in my opinion at least :)

But, that being said... i do hope you are right

About Mannings readiness; I think he will start from week 1 and by week 3-4 he will be the lean mean TD-machine as we know him. :)

Please forgive any bad spelling, english is not my native language. :)