Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs, Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

natelombardi

The sad part is, it shouldn't of taken a threat to his position in order to step up.

I don't care if thats what it took or not. He has definitely looked much better. I said in the other Painter thread, I'll gladly eat the crow if he can keep it up. Some people just need extra motivation.

I always think I am on top of the Colts transactions as I check sites probably 10 times a day. It occurred to me that Tommie Harris has Dawson's number, so I know Dawson must have been cut, but I had to go back and actually find that out. That is great news as I always felt Dawson was bad as both a DT and DE. So I am "Johnny Come Lately" on this, but I am glad it happened!! hahaha

Well, what do you know? Curtis has a fumble, then they rest him. What purpose do they really think Orlovsky is serving if they cannot get a look at Painter if he indeed is playing for his job? I think Curtis should have gotten a chance to not go out on that fumbling note, just my two cents

Dawson was a DE in college and was played way out of position at DT. Should have discarded Dawson a long time ago and made the kind of moves we have made this offseason. Harris, Moala and Nevis - those are true UTs for our Tampa 2 that are disruptive. Demoting Foster from starting DT and making him a situational DT, and discarding Dawson is the best thing to happen to our D-line. Freeney and Mathis cannot be double teamed all the time since we actually have DTs that can beat one-on-ones more often now. Expect the Frathis monsters to have a monster year.

Devin Moore might make the PS since he is still PS eligible since he went on IR after game 4 last year. Actually, Devin Moore was only going to make it as a KR/PR and with the touchbacks increasing, his chances went down as well, IMO. Javarris James will make it as the 4th RB since he has been outstanding on special teams, IMO. Chad Spann/Darren Evans/Devin Moore - all of them are cut, and 2 of them make the PS, IMO.

Well he had a good ethic he was average but he didnt hurt the team by any means. At least he didnt get ran over like Dan Muir that dude doesnt need to be playing NFL.

When he was DT, he was run over, Dawson, remember Chargers game with Foster and Dawson playing DT thanks to Ed smoking weed & his future and Pitcock quitting on us the same year. They did their best but they cannot defy physics when an O-lineman is about 50-60 lbs heavier and that O-lineman happened to be good. When he was pass down DT, he could not beat one-on-ones. Most of Dawson's tackles were backside ones where he hustled and made up for the fact that he could not get past the O-lineman, and caught the RB from the back more times than in the backfield. Daniel Muir actually did good in 2009 but did a 180 in 2010 w.r.t run D.

He's still no Kerry Collins. He looked both good and bad tonight.

The main negatives is that if you play coverage and he does not find someone open, he can tend to hold the ball longer. Also, he does not look off his safeties and go through several reads. He has 2 reads at best and sticks with those the entire play most of the time. Painter still saved his roster spot, IMO. This was his SuperBowl, I am happy for him.

OK, I'm a little confused. The Colts give up 170 yards rushing in a half and it's nothing to worry about because they are just playing a vanilla defense. Then when Painter completes a few passes including some against some simply abysmal blown coverage it is because he is stepping up his game and there was never anything to worry about at backup quarterback since clearly the Packers were not playing a vanilla defense?

Dawson was a DE in college and was played way out of position at DT. Should have discarded Dawson a long time ago and made the kind of moves we have made this offseason. Harris, Moala and Nevis - those are true UTs for our Tampa 2 that are disruptive. Demoting Foster from starting DT and making him a situational DT, and discarding Dawson is the best thing to happen to our D-line. Freeney and Mathis cannot be double teamed all the time since we actually have DTs that can beat one-on-ones more often now. Expect the Frathis monsters to have a monster year.

I didn't see that either. Good deal. When was the last time that Foster was a starter? That's only been in the most dire of circumstances. The starters have been Johnson and Moala if I'm not mistaken. If the additional depth this year means that Dawson didn't even merit keeping until the first cut, that's fantastic. The entire line just might be devastating this year!

This is the first game he has played in this season which was actually "game planned" for.

As I stated in a previous thread, ok I'm a sap, but I was willing to wait and see how he did this week before giving up on him, and I have to say he looked decent.

For the first time I see what the Colts saw in him when drafting him. Of course I don't know watch college football so I had not seen him perform before joining our team.

Personally I thought he was terrible . . . now I'm not so sure.

Give him a game plan and more than second and third stringers playing around him. Maybe.

He does have a good arm on him.

I will be out throwing in a corn hole tournament on Thursday night, and will not be able to stream the game online. I was wondering if the NFL network will be re-running the game at a later date/time? I know they did that with our first pre-season game, but I am not sure if they are doing it for our pre-season finale. I am currently moving and don't have the satellite hooked up at my new place yet, so I am just trying to plan a trip to my local sports bar to gets my Colts fix in the meantime. Thx guys.

~Nick~