Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Future AFC South Biggest stars by Paul Kuharsky COLLIE IS 1

bayone

Austin Collie, Colts receiver: In his first two seasons, Collie’s shown a great feel for the game. He has a knack for space and timing. He’s quickly grown into a reliable target for Peyton Manning and the Colts. Whether Manning is entering twilight years or his heir is taking snaps, so long as Collie avoids the sort of concussions that were an issue last season, he’ll be a dangerous weapon who frustrates defenses.

PERSONALLY I SAY HE ALREADY IS

also discussed

Brooks Reed, Texans linebacker:

Terrance Knighton, Jaguars defensive tackle:

Derrick Morgan, Titans defensive end:

My link

Guy was leading the League in receptions and i think yards before his concussion, he is gonna be something, baring no injuries

Absolutely Correct that's why I noted " PERSONALLY I SAY HE ALREADY IS " a big star

I'm not sure how successful he will be on the outside. Collie has proven he is a great slot receiver, but I'm not sure about his ability to line up outside. I say if it's not broke, don't fix it. Leave him where he has had tons of success.

not that i'm for it, but he has played outside in a couple games and was quite successful.....if i remember correctly.

Collie has played outside when Garcon was hurt, he was quite successful. And before his thumb injury he was leading the league in most if not all three big stats: yards, touchdowns, catches. Besides this what made him such a dominate force was his receptions per target was absolutely incredible, catching nearly 81% of every pass thrown towards him. Even with injuries and missed games he was ranked the 14th receiver in the entire league in TDs and 34th in receptions and for those who care the 3rd overall in fantasy points per game. He and Peyton had very special chemistry and I think that will continue. He knew exactly where to be and Peyton trusted him implicitly. With him really understanding the offensive system and Dallas Clark returning, the receiving corps will be impressive.

From my watching of Collie's concussions, I hope he learns to keep his head up on those hard strikes, as he goes to protect the ball it seems he drops his head down while he braces himself, putting his head low enough to get hit. I hope he can work on this as well as Peyton taking care of him better. If so, he is going to be a Pro bowler this year!

Interesting, I didn't know he ever lined up on the outside.

Think of the game against the Broncos last year when he beat his man down the sideline for the game-clinching TD ...I think that's the game alot of us realized that he can work there

His best route are those seam routes he runs that puts him in jeopardy unfortunately

I love Austin Collie - he just has "it" and you can just tell he's special - one of the best Colts draft picks ever for where he was taken. I am so excited to see him back and what he means to this team.

I just pray that Manning is more careful with putting Collie at unnecessary risk (although at the end of the day, it's football and he's going to get hit) ...I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I was appalled at how they overused Collie coming back from his multiple concussions (Patriots and Titans game spring to mind)