Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Line Then Running Game

Indyboy757

Well I have been having some deep discussions over the past few days about my feelings on Brown, Ballard and Carter, but its clear how alot of my fellow Colt fans feel on this topic so I will not mention my feelings on our backs better yet lets talk O-line. We all know the line is a huge issue this year and I do agree the line needs to be addressed before looking into any other position, but how would YOU like to see this issue solved bye the draft or free agency. Personally I'm curious to know how other Colt fans see this. I do think the O-line will get better as the season continues and everyone gets healthy. I do feel Essex was a huge pick up for us at OG, I would'nt be surprised to see him back on this roster next year. How would you like to see the Oline constructed 1.Draft or 2.FA and who do you think we should have an eye on come next year?

Good question. i would like to see it addressed by both means. i think a Guard in the draft and a RT via Fa. but i think it really comes down to who's there to get drafted/offered. if we could get a starter or two one drafted one picked up and draft for depth would be ideal.

If the chance is there by the time we pick in the draft then

1.Chance Warmack-Guard or Barrett Jones-C/G/T he can play all three but is probably our RG if we get him and Travis Frederic-OT both in the draft would be my first choices and put Warmack or Jones at RG and Frederic at RT, Resign Reitz at LG/RT so our O Line could be in my opinion

Castonzo-LT

Reitz-LG/RT-Hicks-LG/C Satele-LG/C- (Reitz to lose)

Satele-C/Mcglynn/Shipley/Hicks (Sateles to lose)

RG-Warmack/Jones-RG (whichever we can get our hands on) or Mcglynn or Essex or Anderson (Mcglynns do to seniority to lose)

RT-Frederic/Reitz///Ijalana/Anderson (open competition)

Letting go of

1.Justice

so we would have

Castonzo-LT

Reitz-LG/RT (potentially)

Satele-C/LG/RG

Mcglynn-LG/RG/C

Frederic-RT

Warmack-LG/RG

Essex-LG/RG/RT In a pinch

Shipley-Center

Ijalana-RT/RG

Hicks-LG/C

Anderson-RT/RG

Getting Wagner is likely dependant upon us being table to trade down and picking up a second if we cant do that then Alex Hurst or Dallas Thomas from Tennessee in the 3rd

How many players in total do we need to address our needs at the line this offseason?

well we have 14 O Linemen on the roster now but the O Line has taken some injuries so we been having to sign a couple more then we likely need (all in my opinion of course), I think 11 should do it 12 at the most total, we have Ijalana on the IR and Anderson on the PUP List

This rug have been beaten so many times... This line will get better they just need time. It's be better off with going in the Draft than free agency though. Next years Draft pick will be an OLB though so it might be free agency to get a top tier lineman