Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

The Colts deserved to lose that game.

Conservative play calling killed them again.

Ah well picking #1 was fun last year wasn't it? Horrendous. If the playcalling carries on like it has these first three games then let's expect another overhaul this off-season.

a young team and inexperienced team and some questionable play calling in the second half with leads is the problem right now. the last play and the MJD 59 yd td run were 1 play drives that shouldn't have happened.

The Colts deserved to lose that game.

Conservative play calling killed them again.

Agree 100% when are they going to let luck play his game ? Arians is holding him back in my opinion.

I still think we played a good game we still need to work on things. But remember that we a fairly young and rookie qb and we will get better. We have bye next week week next week. I think we will be ok.

Pagano's conservative turtle ball in the second half cost us this game. Unbelievable. This guy needs to learn how to coach in the 2nd half with a lead.

Pagano's conservative turtle ball in the second half cost us this game. Unbelievable. This guy needs to learn how to coach in the 2nd half with a lead.

Arians*

Alright, let's just temper our expectations for this season. Things will get better. I'll be the billionth person to remind you all that Manning went 3-13 his first year.

Alright, let's just temper our expectations for this season. Things will get better. I'll be the billionth person to remind you all that Manning went 3-13 his first year.

Its got nothing to do with PM or Luck its got to do with poor officiating and poor coaching desicions IMO

Its got nothing to do with PM or Luck its got to do with poor officiating and poor coaching desicions IMO

Well, we can't do anything about the officiating, Chuck Pagano is a rookie head coach, and I got two words for you - the first is Jim, the second is Mora.

Be patient.

The thing killing the Colts is this horrible, second-half play calling! Two games in a row, now. We CANNOT run the football, nor stop the run like the Ravens or Steelers! It's completely dumb to think with our current OL and DL players, we could be a power running team, or stuff the run. A great offensive coordinator, like Tom Moore, would realize this, and run the offense not based on his pride, but rather according to his current players' talent. Our defense is horrible, so run the score up on offense, rather than go into hermit-mode and run multiple times in a row and punt. How about some bump-n-run from our corners, instead of leaving an eight yard cushion?! The only WRs being jammed and rerouted on the field, are OUR WRs! Colts should have won this game. Against horrible offensive play calling and a bone-headed penalty on a FG attempt, Luck is trying to win games. Can someone on this team help him out, instead of getting in his way?!

Well, we can't do anything about the officiating, Chuck Pagano is a rookie head coach, and I got two words for you - the first is Jim, the second is Mora.

Be patient.

Lol brother im patient but i hate being conservitive,what do we have to loose by going out and going for it,or putting the nail in the coffin?

Luck dropped back 26 times in the second half (some of those were he had to scramble)

Ah well picking #1 was fun last year wasn't it? Horrendous. If the playcalling carries on like it has these first three games then let's expect another overhaul this off-season.

we are still in the middle of that overhaul on both sides of the ball

at least luck threw for over 300 yards

That doesn't matter one bit.

I'd rather he throw for 4 yards and win than get 450 and lose. You should too.

I had no problem with those 3 run plays at the end it forced Jacksonville to burn all three of there timeouts, we could have taken a shot on 3rd down and 8 sure but that would have been the predictable call, ok lets say we go for it and throw on 3rd down and throw it in the end zone and get a touchdown that still would have left Jacksonville with over a minute on the clock and 1 timeout

Agree 100% when are they going to let luck play his game ? Arians is holding him back in my opinion.

Conservative play calling is killing them. I can't say that enough.

When they start becoming more aggressive is when they start winning more games.

Erm... say what?

Ok, sorry, I engaged in a little hyperbole that I thought would be obvious to anyone who read it. But be honest, in this day and age, did anyone honestly expect our defense to hold a 1 point lead with over a minute to go? May as well go for the first down

we did go for the first down we just didn't do it through the air (which would have been predictable)

After a huge loss....one that stings...thread needs closed. Even in wins.....it is closed....go to the negative and positive threads...Hang in there!!! Saints are 0-3.....we SHOULD have won!