Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Thoughts on the the 4 teams to go the Distance.

turner46992

I got to thinking the other day about how teams have pulled some upsets already this season, and how you can see teams strengths and weaknesses. Im not going to go to in depth with this but i was thinking about what teams appear to be some what solid all around from what I have seen this season so far. I cant label any 2 teams to be in the superbowl but was able to narrow it down to 4 teams I think will be in the Championship round.

AFC Championship:

Texans Vs Ravens- I could have thrown New England against either one of these teams. I think the Texans are a well rounded team and play in what I would call a weak division right now. The Ravens are a roller coaster team, up and down but I think this year will be a more steady year. I think the Ravens will be more consistant this year and do great things with Flacco Throwing it more and Ray Ray rushing the ball behind the freight train Fb Leach. THere D is aged some, but still one of the elite D's to play against. Either one of these could be replaced with New England.

NFC Championship:

Falcons Vs 49ers- The 2 strongest teams of the NFC IMO. 49ers have what appears to be the best Defense going right now. Alex smith has a handful of weapons to toss to and Frank Gore is running well. Then you got the Falcons with Julio jones, White, Gonzo, and Ryan. I flashy offense that can put points up and fall back to a pedestrain run game if needed. There Defense has rised to challenges so far this season and proven they can be an elite team and possibly go the distance

Now I cant say who would win if this where a real match up. but Id love to see the battle of the Birds in Norleans. Ravens Vs. Falcons. but i suck with superbowl predictions.

nice write up :)

I'd also consider that the Packers and Patriots could both very easily catch fire again, same with the Giants. There's a lot of "almost" teams. If you asked me to replace any of the 4 you mentioned with any of the ones I said, I don't know if I could. One thing I've liked about the last several years has been the parity and unpredictability - at least in the top half of the league.

I realize these are predictions and I think you've made good choices.... I might change one here or there, but there is no team that jumps off the screen as clearly and obviously not belonging on your list.

The problem is this.... (and it's not your fault)...

Is that often some team that looks good, but not great for the first 3 months, suddenly catches fire in December. The Giants did it twice for their two Super Bowl wins. No one saw it coming when they did.

If memory serves, the Packers got hot late in the year they won it all.

And, without trying to bring up painful memories, not sure anyone saw the Saints winning it all their year, at least not when it was September of that season....

So, it's often hard to see the winning team coming. At least this early in the year.....

So, it's often hard to see the winning team coming. At least this early in the year.....

very true....I'm trying off the top of my head to remember the last #1 playoff seed to win the whole thing. Those would be teams that typically had success throughout the whole season. Maybe it hasn't been that long, but I'm drawing a blank right now without actually looking it up. Probably one of the patriots' super bowl runs? Were the Colts the #1 seed when they won it?

Predictions:

AFC Championship: Texans vs Patriots

NFC Championship: Falcons vs 49ers

Superbowl: Texans vs 49ers

I agree with your SB prediction though I feel the Eagles will have a say in the NFCCG.

Texans probably will end up playing an AFC North team in the AFCCG, IMO.

Matt Ryan probably follows the Peyton pattern. 0-3 to start the playoff record, then makes the conference championship game (like Peyton did in 2003) before losing to the eventual champions (Pats in 2003).

So, who will the Falcons lose to, Eagles or 49ers??? Odds are with the 49ers, I agree. But so many crazy things can happen in a one game elimination playoffs.

nice write up :)

I'd also consider that the Packers and Patriots could both very easily catch fire again, same with the Giants. There's a lot of "almost" teams. If you asked me to replace any of the 4 you mentioned with any of the ones I said, I don't know if I could. One thing I've liked about the last several years has been the parity and unpredictability - at least in the top half of the league.

Yeah I would throw in the the packers and the giants as well with the Pats. I agree, these past few years have been unpredicatable.

I realize these are predictions and I think you've made good choices.... I might change one here or there, but there is no team that jumps off the screen as clearly and obviously not belonging on your list.

The problem is this.... (and it's not your fault)...

Is that often some team that looks good, but not great for the first 3 months, suddenly catches fire in December. The Giants did it twice for their two Super Bowl wins. No one saw it coming when they did.

If memory serves, the Packers got hot late in the year they won it all.

And, without trying to bring up painful memories, not sure anyone saw the Saints winning it all their year, at least not when it was September of that season....

Yeah I agree, this is just kinda what I was thinking as a whole from talent to schedules to who is doing hot now. I agree, at the end of the year some teams stomp on the pedal and never let up. So I hope I predict right but I know it can swing in any direction

very true....I'm trying off the top of my head to remember the last #1 playoff seed to win the whole thing. Those would be teams that typically had success throughout the whole season. Maybe it hasn't been that long, but I'm drawing a blank right now without actually looking it up. Probably one of the patriots' super bowl runs? Were the Colts the #1 seed when they won it?

We were the 3 seed.

Predictions:

AFC Championship: Texans vs Patriots

NFC Championship: Falcons vs 49ers

Mine is very close to yours..However, I'm still not sold on Atlanta..and I think the Pats aren't going to do it again..

Predictions:

AFC Championship: Ravens vs Texans

NFC Championship: Giants vs 49ers (I hate picking the Giants, but if they're on, they're hard to beat)