Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 Things To Watch For In Packers - Colts Game

Andy

1. Let's see how the O-line does against the relentless Packers rushes and blitzes.

2. Look for the Colts to play a lot of "Man 2 Man Under", due to the pass heavy offense of the Packers

3. Watch Darren Evans, Javarris James, and Delone Carter. They have a good rush defense, and if they could run well against them, it's a good sign.

Bonus: I'm not sure if Kerry Collins is playing, but if he is watch for him.

I'm certain Kerry Collins will play. In preseason week 3, starters generally get significant playtime. If Kerry Collins is truly going to start for us week 1, we need to see what he can do. I don't expect it to be pretty, considering he just signed on coming out of a retirement, but he needs the reps. Of course Curtis Painter will play too - he has a job to win.

What I'm most curious to know is will Kerry Collins be playing with the 1st string offense, or will it be Curtis Painter? That's a really telling sign.

I'm certain Kerry Collins will play. In preseason week 3, starters generally get significant playtime. If Kerry Collins is truly going to start for us week 1, we need to see what he can do. I don't expect it to be pretty, considering he just signed on coming out of a retirement, but he needs the reps. Of course Curtis Painter will play too - he has a job to win.

What I'm most curious to know is will Kerry Collins be playing with the 1st string offense, or will it be Curtis Painter? That's a really telling sign.

Painter is starting... Collins will be dressed but not expected to play

I'll be watching painter more than anyone.

Its time he shows he can move the ball.

If he can't , then there's no reason for him to be on the roster.

Well you can't really expect him to do that much. He couldn't do anything against the Rams and the Redskins, 2 mediocre defenses, so what makes you think he'll do something against arguably the best defense in the league, plus he's starting so he's against the starters. Either way, he still sucks...

Well you can't really expect him to do that much. He couldn't do anything against the Rams and the Redskins, 2 mediocre defenses, so what makes you think he'll do something against arguably the best defense in the league, plus he's starting so he's against the starters. Either way, he still sucks...

I wasn't bashing Painter, or defending him.

But seriously, if he can't "do the job", why is he here? His price is right?

I'm watching rookie QBs and 2nd & 3rd string QBs on other teams move the ball this preseason, with less weapons.

Its time for him to show something.

I dont think james will be making this team, i rather see evans take his spot he is as fast as james but bigger. I will be looking to see if painter can connect a bit more with the 1st stringers, the packers should be a really good test for him.

I'm watching to see who makes up the starting O-line. Since this game is usually a dress rehearsal, we should get a couple quarters of the starters.

I guess the only good thing about Peyton being out is that he doesn't have to risk his 'neck' while the line gels.

I hope they put Diem at RG and Ijalana at RT to see how that would work. I had heard they were experimenting with that, but not sure if it panned out.

This is what I wanted to see as well. There was all this talk about G being Diem's "natural" position. I can't remember him playing anything other than T. Most of all I want them decide on the best personnel on O-line so they can start gellin'.

I will also be watching Painter. I want to see what Wayne sees in him.

I will also be watching Painter. I want to see what Wayne sees in him.

I want to see if Wayne backs up his talk. If he lays himself out for a catch.. Tries to make the big play.. Or if he just 'ho hums' it like every other preseason game.

I'm pulling for Painter. This is likely his going away party. Not saying he's going to be cut but not likely to be the backup next year. If he can't shake his fear with nothing left to lose - he never will.

More specifically. I'll be watching the OLine, this will really be a real test for them top to bottom. I'll be watching our DLine, they too should get a real test against that hurry up O. I'm excited to see or LB play. I've heard Bracket may not play which would mean Connor, Angerer at MLB and Simms. That excites me.

I'm looking for the pack to spread us out, then run the ball down our throat. I'm looking for Simms,Angerer, wheeler to play well. I don't expect much from Brackett. I also wanna see if Bullit will slow down and not over shoot plays like he did last week. Offensively I'm looking for our run game and blocking. I'm not expecting much from Painter and therefore the WR, bc he just can't throw an accurate ball.

Prediction GB 27 Colts 17

And then we reach fever pitch

I'm looking for the pack to spread us out, then run the ball down our throat. I'm looking for Simms,Angerer, wheeler to play well. I don't expect much from Brackett. I also wanna see if Bullit will slow down and not over shoot plays like he did last week. Offensively I'm looking for our run game and blocking. I'm not expecting much from Painter and therefore the WR, bc he just can't throw an accurate ball.

Prediction GB 27 Colts 17

And then we reach fever pitch

You say you're not expecting much from Painter and then predict they score 17 points. Thats a huge contradiction unless you are expecting the defense to score 2 td's.

You say you're not expecting much from Painter and then predict they score 17 points. Thats a huge contradiction unless you are expecting the defense to score 2 td's.

Run game., screen passes. Lots and lots of small ball. They can get 17 in 4 qts.

• 2 weeks later...