Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (-2) @ Denver

oldunclemark

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a heated game.

Cushing had a helmet to helmet call on Manning and the Broncos took a page out of the Saints playbook and went dirty against Schaub, not to mention the numerous holds the refs missed and a horrible PI call, also the tipped TD, 5 dropped INTs that we should have caught, my heart needs a break.

That was a heated game.

Cushing had a helmet to helmet call on Manning and the Broncos took a page out of the Saints playbook and went dirty against Schaub, not to mention the numerous holds the refs missed and a horrible PI call, also the tipped TD, 5 dropped INTs that we should have caught, my heart needs a break.

That situation could have gotten ugly. Good thing the players practiced some self control.

That was a heated game.

:heart: yeah, my ticker got quite the workout today too.... :heart::sigh:

He threw the ball 50 times... Looked better in the 4th than in the first. I would be more worried about your oline against the ravens if i were you..

Isnt that the second game in a row that Peyton threw the ball MUCH better late than he did early..

I dont mean completions..I mean velocity...

Does anyone have a theroy?

That was a heated game.

Houston held the Denver receivers all day...and that got ignored.....

....DBs are taking advantage of the sub refs....but there's nothing you can do. they're trying.

Isnt that the second game in a row that Peyton threw the ball MUCH better late than he did early..

Same thoughts as last week.. If he's more decisive he can make a better throw..So it could be along those lines... It could be something along the lines of more throws and getting warmed up. If so he needs to increase his pre-gram work because he has looked better in each of the 2nd halves...

There were throws in the 2nd half that looked as good an any he's ever made.

Yeah, he looked really good in the last two 4th quarters. Much better late than early.. not sure why

Good game Texans. That was a big win to kind of get that Peyton monkey off your backs. Texans are now the only undefeated team in the AFC. Seems everyone else is 1-2 including either the Pats or Ravens after tonight. Go figure that.

As much maligned as those Manning era Colts defenses were, when the chips were down they did just enough to get Peyton back on the field with a chance to win the game. The Broncos have a better defense but thus far haven't really been able to do the same. Peyton got the ball back with just a few seconds left today but with his weakened arm at this stage of his career not enough time to do any damage.

peyton manning has always been a second half qb. sure, when the colts were stacked with talent, he was an all day qb

In the early part of his career before 2009, Peyton was an all day qb. After 2009, he was more of a 2nd half qb bringing us back from deficits he sometimes helped to put us in early. To me Peyton approaches NFL games like a boxer...feeling defenses out in the early rounds and then later making adjustments and trying to steal a decision at the end. Sometimes it works...today and last week it didn't.

In the early part of his career before 2009, Peyton was an all day qb. After 2009, he was more of a 2nd half qb bringing us back from deficits he sometimes helped to put us in early. Feeling defenses out in the early rounds and then later making adjustments and trying to steal a decision at the end. Sometimes it works...today and last week it didn't.

He's still in need of more game 'together time' with his recievers......

he assumes moves they dont make .....That's why he hits Tamme and Stokley so much...He knows their moves...

The conference loss to Houston is big but they can still go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division...

San Diego got slowed today

He's still in need of more game 'together time' with his recievers......

he assumes moves they dont make .....That's why he hits Tamme and Stokley so much...He knows their moves...

The conference loss to Houston is big but they can still go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division...

San Diego got slowed today

Totally agree that he needs that chemistry with his receivers and the offense as a whole really. He is developing it but it will probably take a full season and then the following off-season before they become more cohesive as a unit and in tune with Peyton's mind. That mind is a serious weapon when it can be fully utilized.

That was a heated game.

All hits to the head are called....I dont think they're dirty....either way

Its the way the game used to be played...and wont be any more..

..and the Saints playbook...is being burned tonight..in the basement..

The Denver receivers aren't very good ...I'm sorely disappointed in them. Decker has stone hands and while he runs good routes, he can't get any separation

Demaryius Thomas is all potential right now - he also has stone hands ands is an inconsistent route runner, but at least he flashes big play potential.

Stokley is great but he is old yella at this point ..that TD grab he hauled in had barely any separation from the defender and was the tiniest of windows.

They need to start working Andre Caldwell into the line-up he is the fastest receiver on the team and is the guy most capable of getting open down the seams for those passes Peyton loves

Those TEs are garbage - they need one of the developmental TEs to step up because Tamme and Dressel are both backup quality TEs

Leave it to a Pats fan to degrade Manning anytime without cause. He is just trying to stir the pot and cause trouble. Negative Nancy cant say anything about the game other than he doesnt like Manning. Wow, shocker.

Peyton played with what he had period. There was no run game (not his fault) the O Line was being man handled (not his fault) The Texans were playing pass due to no run and doubling up ( not his fault again) The defense was horrendous ( Peyton doesnt play D does he?) WR dropping passes all over the place ( not his fault)

He didnt press, made good decisions throwing, and scrambled for his life all game.

The ball had zip, was on the money, a few were under thrown, but better that than an INT.

I'm sickened by the reaction of many. Haters make me wanna puke. Grow up, really.

In the early part of his career before 2009, Peyton was an all day qb. After 2009, he was more of a 2nd half qb bringing us back from deficits he sometimes helped to put us in early. To me Peyton approaches NFL games like a boxer...feeling defenses out in the early rounds and then later making adjustments and trying to steal a decision at the end. Sometimes it works...today and last week it didn't.

i think it started back in 2005 following his ridiculous 2004 season. dungy was emphasizing defense more because we could. peyton manning started getting hot at the end of the first half and completely taking games over in the second

Those TEs are garbage - they need one of the developmental TEs to step up because Tamme and Dressel are both backup quality TEs

I agree with this aspect. Tamme and Dreessen are not what they are hyped to be.

Demaryius Thomas cost the Broncos an extra minute. That TD at the back of the end zone that DT did not tip toe, Marvin or Reggie would have shown him how to do it, hands down!!! That cost the Broncos an extra minute easily.

Broncos on the road - huddle up, at home - no huddle, it seems like that is how they are most effective based on 3 games I have seen.

Anyone else feel like the offense is just really flat? Outside of Thomas there aren't any real playmakers...The Colts O was explosive even with Garcon, Wayne, Clark, and Collie a couple seasons ago. Manning definitely looks good late but really flat early on.

Too bad it doesn't mean that what I'm saying is inaccurate.

Heck, Simms has also mentioned the weak arm.

But hey, why not be like you and bury one's head in the sand?

Peyton's arm strength is pretty poor; if the Texans' CBs could catch, he would have thrown 4+ INTs today.

Brady's strong arm, now 1-2

Anyone else feel like the offense is just really flat? Outside of Thomas there aren't any real playmakers...The Colts O was explosive even with Garcon, Wayne, Clark, and Collie a couple seasons ago. Manning definitely looks good late but really flat early on.

Not to mention what is the one thing Peyton Manning hates more than anything? Change. You can't tell me that being in a new city and for the most part being new guys and new coaches isn't hurting him. I mean Peyton is the ultimate control freak and now here he is in a situation where he is having to learn to do things a new way that frankly isn't his way when he is used to being the one who called the shots for the most part. Add to that he still isn't 100% and it's going to take him a little while to get comfortable again. Once he does I think he'll be fine.

Leave it to a Pats fan to degrade Manning anytime without cause. He is just trying to stir the pot and cause trouble. Negative Nancy cant say anything about the game other than he doesnt like Manning. Wow, shocker.

Peyton played with what he had period. There was no run game (not his fault) the O Line was being man handled (not his fault) The Texans were playing pass due to no run and doubling up ( not his fault again) The defense was horrendous ( Peyton doesnt play D does he?) WR dropping passes all over the place ( not his fault)

He didnt press, made good decisions throwing, and scrambled for his life all game.

The ball had zip, was on the money, a few were under thrown, but better that than an INT.

I'm sickened by the reaction of many. Haters make me wanna puke. Grow up, really.

Wow, someone likes to put words in peoples' mouths, doesn't he? I've always liked Peyton.

I'm just a realist, unlike yourself, apparently. Peyton's arm strength is greatly down.

Again, if the Texans' CBs could catch a ball, that game would have been a complete blowout. Ignore facts if you want, but anyone watching that game without such bias knows the truth.

This is also a tough tough schedule for Denver. They lost in back to back weeks to arguably the best teams currently in each conference.

Maybe it was Mike McCoy that was the problem with the Denver O, and when Tebow improvized in quarter 4, they played better??? I am beginning to realize Mike McCoy was more of the problem than the solution and credit for going to the option oriented offense for Tebow lies with coach John Fox. Their offense struggled the same way with Tebow but they played inferior opponents that they could keep it close. When they were down by several TDs like Buffalo, Detroit, Patriots, the game was not even as close as Peyton got it with the Falcons and Texans. Maybe giving Peyton more leeway might actually work better for them???

They showed Peyton's record vs top 5 Ds in the league. It was 17-17 over 13 years. Out of Brees, Eli, Brady, Big Ben and Peyton, Peyton has also played the toughest Ds on average in his playoff career. Go figure out what to make of the numbers!!! :)

But I do know this. If Peyton and the Broncos take care of the division, they get their MLB D.J.Williams back from a suspension, OG Kuper back, and they could be back in business again. I expected them to be 3-3 after game 6, let us see how it turns out.

Peyton has to break the pattern of losing back-to-back games vs Pats and Chargers (dates back to 2007 & 2010 for him) and if he splits that back-to-back, they will be back in the saddle for the division race, IMO.

Broncos have shown flashes of good play on O and D but have not put together 60 minutes of the same. Kinda like how the Giants were till they played the Packers and lost 35-38 last year when they realized they could hang with the best. But the Broncos' D needs to take huge leaps to be even mentioned close to the Giants' D in terms of talent or execution.

Broncos have shown flashes of good play on O and D but have not put together 60 minutes of the same. Kinda like how the Giants were till they played the Packers and lost 35-38 last year when they realized they could hang with the best. But the Broncos' D needs to take huge leaps to be even mentioned close to the Giants' D in terms of talent or execution.

True, but also keep in mind that the Giants just had to get 9 wins to win the division last year. How many will it take for the AFC West? 9? 10? 11? If it only takes 9 then heck...the regular season might not even matter that much to a Denver or San Diego and all they need to do is get in and get hot at the right time. It was only 8 last year but who knows this season.

But, in the AFC home field has seemed more important.. Since 2006 the host of the AFC title game has advanced to the SB.

The NFC has been a lot more helter skelter come playoff time.

Again, if the Texans' CBs could catch a ball, that game would have been a complete blowout. Ignore facts if you want, but anyone watching that game without such bias knows the truth.

It was pretty amazing all the things that happened against us in that game and we still won. This team showed its mettle.

And I'd bet the DBs have extra catching drills this week in practice.

Congratulations QuizBoy and Vance87. Your Houston Texans played a superior game on Sunday. QB Matt Schaub was tough today losing his helmet and a piece of his ear too. Was Heavy Weight Champion Boxer Mike Tyson on the field and I missed the bite? haha Just Kidding!!! JJ Wyatt didn't disappoint me either with a sack on Manning too. But, #18 and Denver's offense and defense played a hard game and nearly came back to have a shot at winning the game. This is Houston's year...Next year, the Broncos are galloping toward Lombardi Greatness IMO. Good game...Houston has now arrived!!!

Texans are a force , JJ Watt is what I knew he was, Andre Is Andre, Schaub played great, & what a run duo

Skill players arent doing their job

also to many offensive holding penalties on Offense and the D with back to back roughing the passer , what's that , and not sure if I remember right but did they get 7 points or only 3, instead of getting them off the field,, if 7 thats a difference maker

u can't also keep switching from huddle to no huddle , definitely throws off rhythm of game

McCoy as he himself said last game he cant figure out yet how to merge Broncos style & Peytons offensive style effectively

I choose Peyton

& Peytons arm looked alot better

==============

Regarding Peyton arm health

\

Before the game this was said

on CBS I believe Dodgers Doctor & Bradys knee surgeon , forgot name , as the Dr said in article that follows, he agrees can take up to 2 years to fully heal but an elite athlete like Peyton can be , doesnt mean will be quicker

​He EMPHASIZED that even if fully healed and arm has all strength back , it then turns to the smaller finer collateral & end nerves to connect and thats what allows the fine tuning of the throws . He compared it just like a computer rebooting,

​also said Peytron after the 3 ITs rebooted nicely , just is work in progress till comes out starting fully rebooted

ARTICLE

Dr. Vikas Patel, the chief of orthopaedic spine surgery and associate professor at the University of Colorado, said Manning's nerve regeneration should be nearly complete a year after spinal fusion surgery.

"Our textbooks will tell us a nerve can take two years to reach maximum recovery. Reality is, the vast, vast majority of that healing happens in the first six months," Patel said. "Nerve healing doesn't wax and wane. Doesn't heal and go backward. For him to throw a solid game one day and then poorly the next, it doesn't say to me his arm is falling apart, it says to me he had a bad game."

Read more:Peyton Manning's bad quarter doesn't worry those around Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...d#ixzz27JJYx74O

Double Roughing passer gave up only 3 points, not 7 as postulated above, but did extend drive on a 3rd and 2 & incomplete pass wwould of ended it and who knows then with all the extra time IF could of made comeback down by only 3

Forgot what happened in drive but Broncos did interference with returner getting the ball preventing him from catching it another stupid penalty

BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS , U can play the what if scenarios all day , they dont count, Texans won and deservedly so

Denver has to get an identity, play consistently and stop making both offensive and defensive & special teams penalties, way to many in each game , & a kick returner should know better than running into the others teams kick returner befopre he has chance to catch it

Denver has to be able to score TDs and not FGs once in position

Big win for the Texans. Best team in the AFC right now.

NO QUESTION IN MY MIND ,

all those years of just missing allowed to put together some great players on 1 team via draft and finds beside draft like an undrafted Free agent Foster , boy what a coup he was , just a great all around team

Double Roughing passer gave up only 3 points, not 7 as postulated above,

but did extend drive on a 3rd and 2 & incomplete pass wwould of ended it and who knows then with all the extra time IF could of made comeback down by only 3

Forgot what happened in drive but Broncos did interference with returner getting the ball preventing him from catching it another stupid penalty

BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS , U can play the what if scenarios all day , they dont count, Texans won and deservedly so

Denver has to get an identity, play consistently and stop making both offensive and defensive & special teams penalties, way to many in each game , & a kick returner should know better than running into the others teams kick returner befopre he has chance to catch it

Denver has to be able to score TDs and not FGs once in position

i am wrong on play by play NFL.com game center I thought read 3 points, on NFL highlights was 7 points

ANYWAY Doesn't really matter REST STAYS THE SAME & KUDOS TO SCHAUB For taking the double hits & making then needed plays afterwards

Mods, if i'm wrong in posting link to stats, sorry. I cant paste it.

Manning is not as 'off' as people would like you to think.. by all accounts, he is right on track.

http://stats.denverp...s/player17.html

Generally I agree,

Completion % took a hit as yesterday had to throw alot away as pressure so great and no real open receivers and some drops,

Do not like how often he is getting sacked , way more than normal , definitely interrupts rhythm , with Colts receivers always able to find a free 1 quickly to avoid sack, when had chance to really step up and throw, that was a lightning strike to DT in endzone who should have and must learn to drag that other foot in

Less tds than usual and 3 rd down conversion %, nor yesterdays FG to TD ration for him not as great but that's the leaning process and switching from 2 offensive schemes and need to decide on 1, preferably no huddle and not till late in game so can get rhythm together earlier

These receivers need to become truly free so he doesnt have to throw into tight coverage all the time

& the D has to do better at games start, not just later

again drives set back by to many offensive holdings & lets not get into D's penalties yesterday, I already said my piece on that

Wow, someone likes to put words in peoples' mouths, doesn't he? I've always liked Peyton.

I'm just a realist, unlike yourself, apparently. Peyton's arm strength is greatly down.

Yeah i have to agree with this. I mean there was one dropped INT that would have been a sure pick 6 and would have completely put the game out of reach. They dropped several balls that were right in there hands.