Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (-2) @ Denver

oldunclemark

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minus -2 is a basically win or lose, right?

last week Atlanta was favored by 5 (ATL and NOLA are always favored at home) and they won by 6...

Its hard to go against Denver, geting anything at home...

but the over-under is 44.5 and that seems very high for these defenses

I had read vegas odds makers in general expect more points, I believe, do to replacement refs, I know it definitely said sub refs are changing vegas odds on point spreads

sorry, no link, was a few days back

I had read vegas odds makers in general expect more points, I believe, do to replacement refs, I know it definitely said sub refs are changing vegas odds on point spreads

sorry, no link, was a few days back

It makes sense... Scoring is up across the board.. 46.9 ppg through 2 weeks last year. 48.6 through 2 weeks this year.

Aside from the Colts game obviously...this game and the Ravens/Pats match-up are what I am most looking forward to this weekend. Peyton knows this team inside and out so we should get a good sense of where his arm strength is at. No mental mistake excuses on poorly thrown interceptions in this one. Either he is able to still get the ball where it needs to be or he isn't.

2 takes on Peytons arm & nerve isuues both in agreement but one explains it better ,

just watched on CBS I believe Dodgers Doctor & Bradys knee surgeon , forgot name , as the Dr said in article that follows, he agrees can take up to 2 years to fully heal but an elite athlete like Peyton can be , doesnt mean will be quicker

​He EMPHASIZED that even if fully healed and arm has all strength back , it then turns to the smaller finer collateral & end nerves to connect and thats what allows the fine tuning of the throws . He compared it just like a computer rebooting,

​also said Peytron after the 3 ITs rebooted nicely , just is work in progress till comes out starting fully rebooted

ARTICLE

Dr. Vikas Patel, the chief of orthopaedic spine surgery and associate professor at the University of Colorado, said Manning's nerve regeneration should be nearly complete a year after spinal fusion surgery.

"Our textbooks will tell us a nerve can take two years to reach maximum recovery. Reality is, the vast, vast majority of that healing happens in the first six months," Patel said. "Nerve healing doesn't wax and wane. Doesn't heal and go backward. For him to throw a solid game one day and then poorly the next, it doesn't say to me his arm is falling apart, it says to me he had a bad game."

Read more:Peyton Manning's bad quarter doesn't worry those around Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...d#ixzz27JJYx74O

God even that TD to Stokley was TINY

Seems like I grossly overrated Decker ..guy is awful. No separation and terrible hands

I thought Peyton having two 6'3 receivers would help him at the twilight of his career

I think they need to start working Andre Caldwell into the line-up ...I love Stokley but he should only be insurance at this point

The TEs are HORRIBLE in Denver ...kinda knew the Tamme signing would be a bust. Even in his breakout season in 2010, it was as a 4th option and he still averaged less than 10 yards a catch

Me too some where Texans fans have to be thinking NO!!! Dear God please no not again!!! Could it be that Peyton is to the Texans what the Jags are to the Colts?

We did the double jinx. lmao

OMG I cannot believe the Jags are becoming THAT team for us. It's sad. We will beat them someday. Just leave no time on the clock again.

haters gonna hate, considering the source has never had one positive thing to say

we all see through it, silly goose

Too bad it doesn't mean that what I'm saying is inaccurate.

Heck, Simms has also mentioned the weak arm.

But hey, why not be like you and bury one's head in the sand?

Peyton's arm strength is pretty poor; if the Texans' CBs could catch, he would have thrown 4+ INTs today.

We did the double jinx. lmao

OMG I cannot believe the Jags are becoming THAT team for us. It's sad. We will beat them someday. Just leave no time on the clock again.

We'll figure it out one of these days lol. At least it wasn't a Scobee kick today "sigh". With that said I think Texans fans can breath easier now it doesn't look like Peyton has the Colts D to come up with the stops he needs in these situations lol.

We'll figure it out one of these days lol. At least it wasn't a Scobee kick today "sigh". With that said I think Texans fans can breath easier now it doesn't look like Peyton has the Colts D to come up with the stops he needs in these situations lol.

The Jags always find new ways in the final minute vs. the Colts.

Looks like Peyton will have a little time left to try and pull this off. It all started with "the fumble" today.

Peyton's arm strength is pretty poor; if the Texans' CBs could catch, he would have thrown 4+ INTs today.

Never give up do you. if his arm is so weak how did Peyton get that ball in the end zone :sigh:

Heck I counted five.

Not enough time in the end........

Not a bad job in back to back weeks though by Denver of getting back in games they looked hopeless in early on.

I still think once Peyton gets his receivers on the same page as he is they will do fine. New team ,new receivers and new system. JMO of course.

Peyton's looking fairly bad here; that 3rd and 12 pass had zero chance of making it to the WR, and he wasn't even 13 yards away.

Houston is owning Denver so far.

He threw the ball 50 times... Looked better in the 4th than in the first. I would be more worried about your oline against the ravens if i were you..

Two games in a row the Denver D couldn't get off the field in crunch time.

Next time, take a shot at the onsides kick. Can't rely on them to get the O the ball back.

All things considered, being a defensive stop and TD away from beating the top AFC AND NFC teams in back to back games isn't too bad. Especially with as bad a first half as you can play in both games. Also no comment on the officiating as that goes without saying.

Denver's receivers need to work on their hands. Seriously. And that pass rush is...inconsistent to put it nicely.