Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL makes stance on issues from week 2...

JimJaime

And not in a good way per this article;

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-issues-field-conduct-warning-regarding-replacement-officials-230048818--nfl.html

So their big solution issue warnings to the coaches to not be on these refs like they would if they were normal refs.. ok... seems the NFL acting like kids and closing their eyes and putting their fingers in their ears so they dont hear or see the problem.

So lets start a pool who will be the first coach to get a stern talking to by the NFL for disobeying this... ODDS??

whatever. the nfl is playing hardball because they hold all the cards. this just quiets down the potential circuses like we saw monday night. smart move by the league

it's not like fans are going to stop watching because of the refs

I can quit watching (twitch) whenever I want (twitch scratch).. b b but one more hi I mean game won't hurt me so when the next game again.. lol

But seriously they know they got us addicted to this great sport and they are making billions even a drug dealer isnt dumb enough mess with a formula that is working lol

whatever. the nfl is playing hardball because they hold all the cards. this just quiets down the potential circuses like we saw monday night. smart move by the league

Not so much a smart move, but a cheap scheme, it's not smart to ignore the issue.

And not in a good way per this article;

http://sports.yahoo....48818--nfl.html

So their big solution issue warnings to the coaches to not be on these refs like they would if they were normal refs.. ok... seems the NFL acting like kids and closing their eyes and putting their fingers in their ears so they dont hear or see the problem.

So lets start a pool who will be the first coach to get a stern talking to by the NFL for disobeying this... ODDS??

My Friend here is my 6 am entry in the

(Replacement Refs) Roger Goodell Can You Hear The NFL Players And Fans Now? (merge)

topic in this section SEE FINAL LINK BELOW

I make this note not as I am complaining but FYI

I myself did a few of these that could of been in 1 topic, so got a PM from administror that i got a no point warning and the topics will be mergered & to be more careful in the future, this is so that things are less confusing on the site with multiple similar topics

NOW MY ENTRY

Posted Today, 05:56 AM

NFL warns all 32 teams about confronting replacement officials

Cites Specifically Broncos / Falcons game

In the wake of a tough weekend for replacement officials -- including several high-profile confrontations between players, coaches and the referees -- several senior NFL officials made phone calls Thursday to the owners, general managers and coaches from all 32 teams in an effort to rein in on-field behavior.

"The purpose was to send a message that everyone has a responsibility on respect for the game," NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson explained by phone Thursday night. "Everyone needs to be mindful that this respect for the game has to be practiced at all times, and that the events of Monday evening, in the first half of that game, represented unacceptable behavior

"We're ( NFL ) not gonna tolerate it.

And we expect that everyone we talked to pass word on to everyone involved on the sideline that we expect there to be a respect for what's going on."

On potential penalties for any such behavior going forward, Anderson said: "Fines. And if it's egregious, over-the-line stuff, we could include any other penalties, like suspensions, that are normally assessed."

The NFL and NFL Referees Association, meanwhile, remain at a standstill. The parties had back-door discussions Tuesday and Wednesday that, according to sources with direct knowledge of the discussions, did not go particularly well.

"Whoever the official is needs to be respected," Anderson said

I've heard the substitute-teacher analogy This isn't a classroom. These guys are professionals, and we expect a professional football environment.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ement-officials

http://forums.colts...._40#entry292004

My Friend here is my 6 am entry in the

(Replacement Refs) Roger Goodell Can You Hear The NFL Players And Fans Now? (merge)

topic in this section SEE FINAL LINK BELOW

I make this note not as I am complaining but FYI

I myself did a few of these that could of been in 1 topic, so got a PM from administror that i got a no point warning and the topics will be mergered & to be more careful in the future, this is so that things are less confusing on the site with multiple similar topics

NOW MY ENTRY

Posted Today, 05:56 AM

NFL warns all 32 teams about confronting replacement officials

Cites Specifically Broncos / Falcons game

In the wake of a tough weekend for replacement officials -- including several high-profile confrontations between players, coaches and the referees -- several senior NFL officials made phone calls Thursday to the owners, general managers and coaches from all 32 teams in an effort to rein in on-field behavior.

"The purpose was to send a message that everyone has a responsibility on respect for the game," NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson explained by phone Thursday night. "Everyone needs to be mindful that this respect for the game has to be practiced at all times, and that the events of Monday evening, in the first half of that game, represented unacceptable behavior

"We're ( NFL ) not gonna tolerate it.

And we expect that everyone we talked to pass word on to everyone involved on the sideline that we expect there to be a respect for what's going on."

On potential penalties for any such behavior going forward, Anderson said: "Fines. And if it's egregious, over-the-line stuff, we could include any other penalties, like suspensions, that are normally assessed."

The NFL and NFL Referees Association, meanwhile, remain at a standstill. The parties had back-door discussions Tuesday and Wednesday that, according to sources with direct knowledge of the discussions, did not go particularly well.

"Whoever the official is needs to be respected," Anderson said

I've heard the substitute-teacher analogy This isn't a classroom. These guys are professionals, and we expect a professional football environment.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ement-officials

http://forums.colts...._40#entry292004

Thanks Bayone, I didnt think the article would have been included in that thread... (Had nothing do with the subject line how can we know??)

Thanks Bayone, I didnt think the article would have been included in that thread... (Had nothing do with the subject line how can we know??)

Oh I agree , just stating what I already experienced , nothing against the moderators, they just want things looking less cluttered & more simple for us

I am sure we all have done this without knowing

It is not going to quiet down the media. I cannot wait till the NFL bans players from talking to the media about the refs. The fact that they have a ref asking a player to have a great game so it helps his fantasy team is pathetic.

This whole situation should be embarassing for the NFL. They have refs that were paid by a team for years, had to remove a ref from a game because he was an outright fan of one of the teams, and in general the refs have been lackluster out there. How this issue was not resolved before the start of the season is beyond me. You are a multi billion dollar organization. A few million is nothing to the NFL, but they are acting like the refs want half.