Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwann Short = Impressive! NT?

This guy looks rather impressive fromwhat Ive seen. Takes double teams well, keeps his eye on the ball, generates pass rush and stuffs the run, shows a decent bull rush at times to. He seems to tackle well and get up and down the line well. Looks solid and his numbers are not bad. has versatility. Right now it looks like he plays in a 4-3 but I think he could be a NT guy. He's 6'3 315lbs so he about Chapmans size. he could add 10 or so if he needed to Im sure. Whats anyone elses thoughts?

Here is one of the Videos

http://youtu.be/tljz8vIcdkc

http://www.nepatriot...ing-report.html heres a scouting report on him, personally I would rather draft a Guard in the first (Warmack) if the chance is there and get if its needed get a nose tackle in the 4th such as Kwame Geathers

I would grab warmack to but Im saying If we need to adress NT this offseason, getting this guy in early in third would be great if he some how slides down there. Right now hes not even being projected as a first rounder. I highly doubt heck be available this late but if we do make a trade somehwhere and aquire an eraly second rounder, Id give this guy serious consideration. But this would only be if we need this position and we didnt draft a NT in the first like Lutalelie.

From what I've read of the kid his game is more suited to playing DT in a 4-3 than it is being a NT in a 3-4.

So, I don't think he's a great fit for us.....

I see he plays in a 4-3 but It looks like he has the ability to play NT. Seems to handle double teams well, has a decent bull rush, keeps his eye on the ball and can penatrate get to the QB. You look at his number and thier pretty impressive for a DT. Whats one of the biggest things you want a NT to do?.... draw double teams and controll thier gap, This guy seems to be to do that pretty well from what Ive seen. Plus he can rush the passer and isnt a bad tackler either. I think he's inttiuging. But that just me.

I would grab warmack to but Im saying If we need to adress NT this offseason, getting this guy in early in third would be great if he some how slides down there. Right now hes not even being projected as a first rounder. I highly doubt heck be available this late but if we do make a trade somehwhere and aquire an eraly second rounder, Id give this guy serious consideration. But this would only be if we need this position and we didnt draft a NT in the first like Lutalelie.

I'd look at him, got to look at all options, I havent followed him or watched alot of him to get a good idea about him but he does look to be a better fit in a 4-3 to me as does Star even, some have even mentioned Star as the next Ngata to me thats kind of insult to Ngata, Star looks good to but not Ngata good to me also he looks to be a good fit in a 4-3, like I said I like him though and maybe he could play in a 3-4 in the NFL

He has played NT DT DE. It just seems he has the abilities to play a NT but I have not watched enough yet to really see his consistency so I gotta look at that. And as for Star being compared to Nagta, I wouldnt say its an insult so much becuase Star Is a very good player. He's a beast and does resemble Nagta in a number of ways. He isnt a Nagta by any means but he does have resmblences and I dont think saying that or comparing him to Nagta because of those simularities is an insult. Just my opinion.

I get to watch Kawann play a lot here in West Lafayette. He's an absolute beast. He could play NT, but I would put him at DE. Purdue runs multiple defensive fronts. He plays NT in a 3-4 look and DT in the 4-3. Very versatile and talented. My only worry is that we would pick too early and would be "reaching" for him.

It should surprise no one if Kawaan Short ends up a top 15 pick on draft day. He has been considered a first round talent for over a year now, and already has first round production (numbers as a Junior are crazy good) coming into the year. The game he just had against ND can't be ignored, and by the time the experts are done picking it all apart and they fully assess production and potential, he will climb up the boards. He fits the scheme of every team in the NFL - every single one - and has film to prove it. Yes, I am a Purdue fan.