Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Release 4, One Of Them, Derrick Locke Could Be Useful For Us?

chad72

The Eagles have released RB Derrick Locke, WR Terrence Turner, DT Marlon Favorite, & LB Brandon Peguese

RB Derrick Locke is someone I wanted for us in the role of KR/PR with his speed.

Joselio Hanson, a nickel CB, is also on the trade block, that was probably something we knew before:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/report-good-chance-joselio-hanson-gets-dealt/

Locke very well could be I dont think we will even look at him due to the timing factor, regular season is around the corner and we are loaded at the RB and kick returnrer slot. Maybe we look at him for the practice squad but i doubt it. I did like Marlon Favorite from last year as well but another one i highly doubt we will bring back.

I think the Colts are done signing players, they're getting into cutting mode now...

Players not meat.

I wouldn't be so sure. If they think a player fits our scheme in a position of need and can provide good depth that we badly need, they might do it. For example, our safety position could sure use a quality body for depth. Just saying. We are playing with fire with Bethea, Bullitt and Lefeged probably the most likely safeties to make the roster. One injury to Bethea or Bullitt and we are back to Francisco again. :(

I wouldn't be so sure. If they think a player fits our scheme in a position of need and can provide good depth that we badly need, they might do it. For example, our safety position could sure use a quality body for depth. Just saying. We are playing with fire with Bethea, Bullitt and Lefeged probably the most likely safeties to make the roster. One injury to Bethea or Bullitt and we are back to Francisco again. :(

i agree our dbs have to stop a lot of long runs and they could get hurt by the big rbs.

Very true

I think we'll be fine with Lefeged, and I would also go with David Caldwell before I would even think about bringing back Francisco.

We're already good at running back. Addai, Brown, James, Carter, and perhaps Evans.

That's a good stable to choose from but only 3 will be pick, the writing is on the wall, its gonna be Addai, Carter, Brown.

James, Spann?, and Evans are gonna be cut or practice squad.

I think we'll be fine with Lefeged, and I would also go with David Caldwell before I would even think about bringing back Francisco.

Vaughn is still here too, I thinks he's more of a run stopper though. Hasn't got very much play time though.

Nah we won't look at him. We have so many RBs competing for jobs as it is. They only way I foresee us signing anyone else is if someone like Gonzo gets injured and we have to find a replacement. At this point in time we just need to go with the players we have.

not to mention we have one less roster spot, because i assume we'll go into the season with 3 qb's. gonna be some tough cuts

I thought I read somewhere that one of the rule changes this year was that teams could carry a 3rd QB without it counting against the 53-man roster. That may have been balderdash, though.

I thought I read somewhere that one of the rule changes this year was that teams could carry a 3rd QB without it counting against the 53-man roster. That may have been balderdash, though.

i heard something to that effect as well, but i seem to remember the 3rd qb not counting against the gameday actives

They actually upped the game day roster size to 46 and did away with the 3rd QB rule. So you can now put in your 3rd QB and still be allowed to sub in your 1 or 2 later.

53 man roster stands, as far as I know.