Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

toss under the bus

DILLIGAFER

After a difficult game on all fronts: Refs (really bad refs), coaching, INT's, Fumble, dropped passes, no OL protection, ect.. why are alot of Broncos fans and media so quick to 'throw Peyton under the bus'?

Broncos fans one week saying 'Peyton Freakin Manning is awesome' to 'Bring back Elway' 'its ALL Peytons fault' 'is he just old, rusty, or done'????

I'm mean, C'mon Man!! Just one bad 1st quarter? This whole game was not bad for Peyton, want to make that crystal. Just 1 quarter. After the 1st, he started to settle down, read better and almost beat Atlanta at home, which only 4 teams have done in many years. Now, Atlanta is no piece of cake. They are a very well rounded team with good coaching.

So whats the beef? After floating some passes, 2 of which were INT's, Peyton picked up the velocity. It was pretty clear to me. No lack of arm strength IMO. The term 'spaghetti arm' is getting old. As for wobbly, it is due to his release. He releases high, which full rotation of the football is never there. Watch on slow-mo and you'll see what i mean.

So Broncos nation, ratings getters and Peyton haters.. get a grip! Off my soap box.

After a difficult game on all fronts: Refs (really bad refs), coaching, INT's, Fumble, dropped passes, no OL protection, ect.. why are alot of Broncos fans and media so quick to 'throw Peyton under the bus'?

Broncos fans one week saying 'Peyton Freakin Manning is awesome' to 'Bring back Elway' 'its ALL Peytons fault' 'is he just old, rusty, or done'????

I'm mean, C'mon Man!! Just one bad 1st quarter? This whole game was not bad for Peyton, want to make that crystal. Just 1 quarter. After the 1st, he started to settle down, read better and almost beat Atlanta at home, which only 4 teams have done in many years. Now, Atlanta is no piece of cake. They are a very well rounded team with good coaching.

So whats the beef? After floating some passes, 2 of which were INT's, Peyton picked up the velocity. It was pretty clear to me. No lack of arm strength IMO. The term 'spaghetti arm' is getting old. As for wobbly, it is due to his release. He releases high, which full rotation of the football is never there. Watch on slow-mo and you'll see what i mean.

So Broncos nation, ratings getters and Peyton haters.. get a grip! Off my soap box.

Peyton is in a no-win situation..If he has a great game..he's back..if he has a bad game, he's done....I know he's not letting it get to him, I just wish fans would lighten up, and realize that for this time, Peyton is the best QB for Denver's situation after the Tebow fiasco. Peyton will be fine. Just as the Colts are growing with new players in a new system, the Broncs are in the same situation..new QB, new system. Everyone has a bad day or two.

They're saying that because fans most of all, and media too, are prisoners of the moment. People react to what the can see.

Peyton looked very very poor in the first quarter. Very poor. People still don't understand the nature of his injury and comeback.

People want instant analysis. Few fans or the media embrace the concept of patience. Every day there's an urgency for a decision, or evaluation.... you know, the LATEST news....

During the last 6 weeks here on this website, we had fans who wanted RG3 instead of Luck, we had fans who wanted a new kicker, a new punter, a new #1 WR a new #1 RB, a new #1 CB, a new entire OL, and on and on and on. So many new things, some legit and some complete nonsense.

But fans are prisoners of the moment. They don't like what they see and it's time to make a change! :slaphead:

It is what it is, it's not going to change because you and I want it to... :bored:

What I saw from Peyton appeared to be more mental rust than an incapable arm. It's not just him, it's the offensive unit as a whole. The "Peyton way" is something the whole team seems to have not caught onto yet. Again, the offense doesn't seem to fire until he's running it in the 'no huddle'.

I sat in my buddies garage watching this game, truly believing that the Broncos were going to come back and win it. The first half, the reason why they were down so much, is on Peyton.

The second half, the reason why they couldn't take the lead, was more on the rest of the Broncos team. Having the Falcons backed up to their goal line and letting them out of it. Porter drooping a sure pick 6 walk-in. I think it was Decker that dropped a great Peyton pass down the seam.

This game is exactly what Denver needed to find out who they are and what they need to do as an offense playing in enemy territory. That experience will come in handy down the road, and next time, they may not come out as losers.

I wouldn't pay too much attention the the ramblings of the media and random fans. We see it all the time, the way they'll tear a player apart for a bad game and then the very next week they're praising them. Peyton WILL have a huge game soon and much of that talk will go away until his next bad game.

Peyton has had pretty bad games here as well. The first 1/3 of the 2008 season when he was coming off of the bursa-sack surgery was very similar to this. Peyton looked rusty and out of timing. After several games he picked it up and we had a great finish.

Don't worry 'bout him. The man's arm is fine.

Such reactionary fans drive me nuts. They create a lot of noise and utterly lack wisdom. I don't know where you are hearing about this but are you sure that they are Denver fans, not Florida fans? Don't listen to all the noise if you can help it. It does you no good :)

& if we Broncos had another 3 & out & Peyton had another seriers & he led a winning drive all they would of poke of is how he overcame 3 IT's to win, I read that before on PM and read it now on Eli's 3 ITs Sunday and he lost his first game with no great play on his part

What I saw from Peyton appeared to be more mental rust than an incapable arm. It's not just him, it's the offensive unit as a whole. The "Peyton way" is something the whole team seems to have not caught onto yet. Again, the offense doesn't seem to fire until he's running it in the 'no huddle'.

I sat in my buddies garage watching this game, truly believing that the Broncos were going to come back and win it. The first half, the reason why they were down so much, is on Peyton.

The second half, the reason why they couldn't take the lead, was more on the rest of the Broncos team. Having the Falcons backed up to their goal line and letting them out of it. Porter drooping a sure pick 6 walk-in. I think it was Decker that dropped a great Peyton pass down the seam.

This game is exactly what Denver needed to find out who they are and what they need to do as an offense playing in enemy territory. That experience will come in handy down the road, and next time, they may not come out as losers.

I wouldn't pay too much attention the the ramblings of the media and random fans. We see it all the time, the way they'll tear a player apart for a bad game and then the very next week they're praising them. Peyton WILL have a huge game soon and much of that talk will go away until his next bad game.

Peyton has had pretty bad games here as well. The first 1/3 of the 2008 season when he was coming off of the bursa-sack surgery was very similar to this. Peyton looked rusty and out of timing. After several games he picked it up and we had a great finish.

Don't worry 'bout him. The man's arm is fine.

Bet Ya it all would of been different if 1st pass of game , a first dwn to DT wasnt dropped then second pass would of been different and not deeper & IT'd & entire game flow could of been different,

of course can always say if & but for this etc

Meanwhile he made 2 great gutsy 4th down conversions & 1 for a TD run which could of used up valuable time if not made & in first game a 2 PT conversion when we needed it

BTW , speak about throwing someone into the fire

Over the next four games the Broncos will face the top three defenses in the league, starting with No. 1 Houston on Sunday. The Patriots are No. 2, and the Chargers are No. 3.

Read more:Inside the game: For Broncos defense, good has to be better - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...r#ixzz26uLNFfNW

===============================

Here are Texans stats

Who's hot: After two weeks, Houston leads the league in three major defensive categories: average points allowed (8.5), average yards allowed (196.0) and average pass yards allowed (124.0). That group, coached by former Broncos coach Wade Phillips, is led by linebacker Brian Cushing and defensive end J.J. Watt.

Injury report: With defensive end J.J. Watt back from his elbow injury, the Texans are remarkably healthy entering Week 3.

--------------------------------------------------

Texan run game so good dont have to throw

There is little to complain about with the Texans after two weeks. So to nitpick: Quarterback Matt Shaub and the passing game have taken a back seat & only 1 TD to Andre of course

More on their run game in article

Read more:Denver Broncos eyeing ... the Houston Texans - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz26wKeAUGS

http://www.denverpos...-houston-texans

There has been no bashing of Peyton by the Bronco fan base. This is the second post i've read of yours claiming that the fans have turned on Peyton and clammoring to have Tebow, Elway, or any other QB. The posts have been very suportive of Peyton bringing the team back even after 4 turnovers in the 1st half. I've been reading posts on here since the trade just to get an idea of how colts fans are reacting after losing their legend. It seems the Colts' fan base is really similar to the Broncos, a small market team with extremely supportive fans regardless of how their team is playing. If there is any negativity it's from the leftover Tebow crowd just trying to rile everyone up. Anyone that cares to see how the Bronco fanbase is reacting, you'll only find overwhelming support for Peyton.I don't know if Broncolt has a problem with the Bronco fanbase but I do take offense at his claims.

There has been no bashing of Peyton by the Bronco fan base. This is the second post i've read of yours claiming that the fans have turned on Peyton and clammoring to have Tebow, Elway, or any other QB. The posts have been very suportive of Peyton bringing the team back even after 4 turnovers in the 1st half. I've been reading posts on here since the trade just to get an idea of how colts fans are reacting after losing their legend. It seems the Colts' fan base is really similar to the Broncos, a small market team with extremely supportive fans regardless of how their team is playing. If there is any negativity it's from the leftover Tebow crowd just trying to rile everyone up. I'll link the Bronco's forum for any that would like to validate just how the Broncos' fanbase are reacting. You'll only find overwhelming support for Peyton.I don't know if Broncolt has a problem with the Bronco fanbase but I do take offense at his claims.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and welcome..

I've heard some rumblings in the media about Peyton, but mostly from the media. Let's face it, the media is only there for ratings, and controversy always brings in ratings. Every team has their own form of naysayers, and fair weather fans, who always want to complain and nitpick every situation. I'm not really into forums, but I will make it a point to visit some Bronco sites, to see, just as you do, what its like for your fans about the legend Peyton.

Even though this is not posted on the forum, but during the game against Atlanta, I asked a hypothetical question in the forum chat...Supposing that we played Denver this year against Peyton, how would you feel, react, and would you still cheer for Peyton. Most said they'd still root for the Colts, but would also be rooting for the Bronco's offense. We all love Peyton, even if he is wearing another team's colors. He has done so much for this franchise and state, and has always done it with dignity and class. Enjoy having a true legend on your team, in time, you and other Bronco fans will understand the feeling that we Colt fans have had since 1998. We miss him, but we will always be a Colt in our hearts.

Such reactionary fans drive me nuts. They create a lot of noise and utterly lack wisdom. I don't know where you are hearing about this but are you sure that they are Denver fans, not Florida fans? Don't listen to all the noise if you can help it. It does you no good :)
What I saw from Peyton appeared to be more mental rust than an incapable arm. It's not just him, it's the offensive unit as a whole. The "Peyton way" is something the whole team seems to have not caught onto yet. Again, the offense doesn't seem to fire until he's running it in the 'no huddle'. I sat in my buddies garage watching this game, truly believing that the Broncos were going to come back and win it. The first half, the reason why they were down so much, is on Peyton. The second half, the reason why they couldn't take the lead, was more on the rest of the Broncos team. Having the Falcons backed up to their goal line and letting them out of it. Porter drooping a sure pick 6 walk-in. I think it was Decker that dropped a great Peyton pass down the seam. This game is exactly what Denver needed to find out who they are and what they need to do as an offense playing in enemy territory. That experience will come in handy down the road, and next time, they may not come out as losers. I wouldn't pay too much attention the the ramblings of the media and random fans. We see it all the time, the way they'll tear a player apart for a bad game and then the very next week they're praising them. Peyton WILL have a huge game soon and much of that talk will go away until his next bad game. Peyton has had pretty bad games here as well. The first 1/3 of the 2008 season when he was coming off of the bursa-sack surgery was very similar to this. Peyton looked rusty and out of timing. After several games he picked it up and we had a great finish. Don't worry 'bout him. The man's arm is fine.

Well said Bay Area Bronco and ruksak...Bravo!!! :worthy:

So many NFL evaluators are just trying to generate headlines with impulsive and volatile flights of delusional grandeur. Naturally, a person’s best course of action is just to laugh at it. My own stepmother would refer to this line of mindless panic and drivel as “elephant dung of the mind.”

This loss will be a useful tool to see where the Broncos are truly at and help their squad adapt accordingly as ruksak so eloquently and succinctly stated.

Colts fans are used to it. Thinking back as far as I can, Manning always had a couple bad games a year for whatever reason. I defended his arm strength prior, but it did look like some of the intermediate to deep balls lacked zip and fluttered. He said himself he's not 100% but he still looks good for someone whos not 100%.

What I won't tell Broncos fans is- they're not rehearsed enough to win those games where it goes bad for Peyton yet. Peyton is. Things they will learn...

Someone will make that one extra play to give Peyton and their O the ball to win the game. Colts players like Clark, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Mathis, heck... eventhe likes of Melvin Bullitt etc... would step up and make that crucial play that changes the game from defeat to victory. The strip sack to end the games or run it back for lead. O driving down the field and making that crucial diving catch in traffic way down the seam on 3rd down... whatever.

Broncos will learn. Decker will try to snare the ball on the route next time rather than attempting to snare a P.I. flag. Or, Von Miller will make that ultra fast hard move on the O-lineman and beat his man taking down the QB and their chances to run out the clock... etc...

That stuff is called execution and comes with time It's what the Colts did, and did so very well for over 12 years. Time and togetherness knits that fabric.

I laugh to think back when every Colts games throughout the 2000's, the other team fans were SURE they were the team to take our soft team down, and most assuredly, the record most all of them failed. The soft team that could, even if the other team knew what was coming... a majority of the time. I never saw a team that dominated so much, yet was feared so little. We lived it, we knew why. It was not just Manning, it was Manning and the team... and knowing this day, somebody would go above and beyond... for the team.

In time Broncos fans, it grows in time. The jitters that cause a false start at 3rd and goal at the 1 will disappear, knowing if you just do your job, the ball will be there where only you can get it and you to score. Things like that. Oh, and Peyton doesn't always start of with 3 pick in 3 drives either. ;)

What I won't tell Broncos fans is- they're not rehearsed enough to win those games where it goes bad for Peyton yet. Peyton is. Things they will learn...

Someone will make that one extra play to give Peyton and their O the ball to win the game. Colts players like Clark, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Mathis, heck... eventhe likes of Melvin Bullitt etc... would step up and make that crucial play that changes the game from defeat to victory. The strip sack to end the games or run it back for lead. O driving down the field and making that crucial diving catch in traffic way down the seam on 3rd down... whatever.

Broncos will learn. Decker will try to snare the ball on the route next time rather than attempting to snare a P.I. flag. Or, Von Miller will make that ultra fast hard move on the O-lineman and beat his man taking down the QB and their chances to run out the clock... etc...

That stuff is called execution and comes with time It's what the Colts did, and did so very well for over 12 years. Time and togetherness knits that fabric.

I laugh to think back when every Colts games throughout the 2000's, the other team fans were SURE they were the team to take our soft team down, and most assuredly, the record most all of them failed. The soft team that could, even if the other team knew what was coming... a majority of the time. I never saw a team that dominated so much, yet was feared so little. We lived it, we knew why. It was not just Manning, it was Manning and the team... and knowing this day, somebody would go above and beyond... for the team.

In time Broncos fans, it grows in time. The jitters that cause a false start at 3rd and goal at the 1 will disappear, knowing if you just do your job, the ball will be there where only you can get it and you to score. Things like that. Oh, and Peyton doesn't always start of with 3 pick in 3 drives either. ;)

Well written and right on the money ColtsBlueFL. :hat:

Well don't forget about Elway. Denver has had their legend QB as well. It's why I sympathize with the Colts fanbase. I don't know how I'd feel if Elway ended his career with another team. Granted, I know it's not the fans that were behind the release of Manning. Being as unbiased as I can, I fully expect the Broncos to make a strong run at a superbowl every year Manning is here. Trust me, I have watched him destroy the Broncos way too much to realize the guy is gifted and pretty much can put most teams at a playoff level. All the media is hyping up from the Falcons game is that Manning threw 3 interceptions. They overlook that the Broncos lost the game by 6 points and Manning was a huge part of bringing them back. I'm the glass half-full type, I'm amazed that they turned the ball over 4 times, along with alot of help from the officials, and only lost by 6 to a team that is heavily favored to make it to the superbowl. I fully expect a different game against the Texans next week in Denver. I along with alot of other fans won't be surprised at a win and the media will be back with their praising abouth ow Manning is back, again.

There has been no bashing of Peyton by the Bronco fan base. This is the second post i've read of yours claiming that the fans have turned on Peyton and clammoring to have Tebow, Elway, or any other QB. The posts have been very suportive of Peyton bringing the team back even after 4 turnovers in the 1st half. I've been reading posts on here since the trade just to get an idea of how colts fans are reacting after losing their legend. It seems the Colts' fan base is really similar to the Broncos, a small market team with extremely supportive fans regardless of how their team is playing. If there is any negativity it's from the leftover Tebow crowd just trying to rile everyone up. Anyone that cares to see how the Bronco fanbase is reacting, you'll only find overwhelming support for Peyton.I don't know if Broncolt has a problem with the Bronco fanbase but I do take offense at his claims.

I take offense to your offense. Or whatever. I cannot post links to other forums here. Just go to the Broncos forum and take a read. I'm not saying anything but repeating what people on the Broncos Board have said. Period. I have offense with people in general acting like its the end of the world. Get over yourself get off the Colts forum and go read.

I cannot post links to the Denver Post nor from Facebook. Take my word, they are calling for Elway, there is a post on the Broncos board about it. Go read it. There are people calling for Tebow back. Go on Facebook and read the Denver Post.

Its all there in black and white and i dont appreciate your attitude or misguided insite. I've done nothing but stand up for Peyton. Period. If I post something and say it has been written or said. It was and thats all there is to it. I gave the appropriate road to go read it yourself, but instead you attempt to insult me and make it look like i'm blowing air out my rear.

If its so prevalent that Broncos fans are supporting Peyton, why dont you go over there and do it instead of attacking me and disputing my credibility.

I take offense to your offense. Or whatever. I cannot post links to other forums here. Just go to the Broncos forum and take a read. I'm not saying anything but repeating what people on the Broncos Board have said. Period. I have offense with people in general acting like its the end of the world. Get over yourself get off the Colts forum and go read.

I cannot post links to the Denver Post nor from Facebook. Take my word, they are calling for Elway, there is a post on the Broncos board about it. Go read it. There are people calling for Tebow back. Go on Facebook and read the Denver Post.

Its all there in black and white and i dont appreciate your attitude or misguided insite. I've done nothing but stand up for Peyton. Period. If I post something and say it has been written or said. It was and thats all there is to it. I gave the appropriate road to go read it yourself, but instead you attempt to insult me and make it look like i'm blowing air out my rear.

If its so prevalent that Broncos fans are supporting Peyton, why dont you go over there and do it instead of attacking me and disputing my credibility.

Uhh, I do read there, and all I've seen from you is instigating.Take offense to whatever, I'm not the one calling out a fanbase due to a select few posters bashing Peyton. Guess a select few means everyone in your world. I live in Denver and read the Post everyday, the Post is same media that relys on ridiclous claims to sell and even at that they are calling for Tebow. Again, take it as you will, I didn't post here to attack, this is your house along with other Colts fans. But I already see you're one to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Maybe you shouldn't take a couple posts as "ALL" Bronco fans.

Well don't forget about Elway. Denver has had their legend QB as well. It's why I sympathize with the Colts fanbase. I don't know how I'd feel if Elway ended his career with another team. Granted, I know it's not the fans that were behind the release of Manning. Being as unbiased as I can, I fully expect the Broncos to make a strong run at a superbowl every year Manning is here. Trust me, I have watched him destroy the Broncos way too much to realize the guy is gifted and pretty much can put most teams at a playoff level. All the media is hyping up from the Falcons game is that Manning threw 3 interceptions. They overlook that the Broncos lost the game by 6 points and Manning was a huge part of bringing them back. I'm the glass half-full type, I'm amazed that they turned the ball over 4 times, along with alot of help from the officials, and only lost by 6 to a team that is heavily favored to make it to the superbowl. I fully expect a different game against the Texans next week in Denver. I along with alot of other fans won't be surprised at a win and the media will be back with their praising abouth ow Manning is back, again.

Ahhhh Elway... so much love (and being a Colt fan before Indy, a touch of disdain too lol) for what he brought to the game. And now you guys have Peyton as he closes in on so many all time records. Quite fortunate!

I'm sure you would back Elway against his detractors (again, despite being an old Colt fan, I am NOT one), Tebow fans back him ferociously, and we have some very sensitive to Peyton. And all Colt fans are sad he is not here, even if the business side made for no other alternative. I think OP is just upset that old Tebow fans, and Bronc fans that wanted to draft QB of the future (you may have anyway, yes?) and use the money they used for Peyton to build all around voiced their displeasure of Peyton's bad outing so early in the year. Peyton will redeem himself, he will adjust to any deficiency (if their is one) he can't recover, and the team will continue to knit that tight fabric of execution and being on the same page that will later truly overcome four turnovers in the first quarter on the road against a SB contending team for the victory.

Besides, we complain voraciously about Colt things on our board, no matter how unfounded, so I can see Broncos fans voraciously voicing opinion on your Broncos boards, again, no matter how unfounded. ;) Time tells the truth. :)

Thanks for stopping by and being cordial.

Regarding PM and the fan reaction . . . I think you got a few things going on . . . First, some fans are fickle and blow like the wind when it comes to a player and if he is good or bad . . . given that PM is coming off neck surgery there may be some that are still skepital if he can get back to his old ways right away and want to chim in . . . Second, there is a high expectation for PM, suprising Peter King has him as the preseason MVP, and as such, fans are going to expect a lot and be upset if he does not perform . . . along the same line some who may have been skepital of Manning have a chance to pounch . .. and Third, and keeping with this thought, there may still be some who wished Tebow was not traded to make space for Manning and they want to chime in too . . .

Time will tell as the season goes along, but one bad game (even tho some might say it is 50% of the season so far, but still one game) does not define a season . . . and we will know a lot more at the end of the season how PM interacts with his new team . . .

Uhh, I do read there, and all I've seen from you is instigating.Take offense to whatever, I'm not the one calling out a fanbase due to a select few posters bashing Peyton. Guess a select few means everyone in your world. I live in Denver and read the Post everyday, the Post is same media that relys on ridiclous claims to sell and even at that they are calling for Tebow. Again, take it as you will, I didn't post here to attack, this is your house along with other Colts fans. But I already see you're one to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Maybe you shouldn't take a couple posts as "ALL" Bronco fans.

You are way off base. Period. Its about Perception. You say you didnt come on here to attack, yet you did. I stand up for myself, you dont like it for whatever reason. You insulted me, and continue to do so. Its like saying 'no offese but..' saying that doesnt let it off the hook for being offensive. So saying 'i didnt come her to attack' yet you do is no excuse.

I talk in general terms and you personally single me out. I dont appreciate it.

Let me educate you on something. Us colts fans have been through a rollar coaster ride with the team, owner and Peyton.

Basically kicked in the balls. You think its been easy to hear and watch this for the past 2 years? Then fans and media are at it again. It gets old and old fast.

This is why i dont post much. Excuse me for having an OPINION.