Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else seen rumor regarding McFadden?

Shepman

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Al Davis were still running the show, I might believe this.

I'd be ok with trading Brown for a stud O-Lineman though.

I am sure there are teams all over the league lining up to offer a starting caliber o'lineman for Donald Brown. As we speak I am sure Grigson is just weighing the best of those offers.

I am sure there are teams all over the league lining up to offer a starting caliber o'lineman for Donald Brown. As we speak I am sure Grigson is just weighing the best of those offers.

Maybe it's taking so long because Grigson is probably looking for a second rounder along with the stud OL man. May as well get full value for Donald if we are going to trade him.

we should fix our O Line and then give Brown a fair shot before we start dumping on him, keep in mind Brown only has 25 carries so far, I think we should wait another year or two after we get our O Line fixed before we start saying we need a new running back if Oakland did that based on Mcfaddens #'s this year some ticked off raiders fan would burn the stadium to the ground not to mention there would be a riot

Absolutely true. Anyone who dumps on Brown doesn't know a thing about footlball. They'd be calling Barry Sanders a bust if he'd played behind the same O-line.

Absolutely true. Anyone who dumps on Brown doesn't know a thing about footlball. They'd be calling Barry Sanders a bust if he'd played behind the same O-line.

I always heard Barry Sanders played behind a below average line but that's Barry Sanders running.

and you might actually have a point once we get a O Line that can run block consistently until then using your logic we should get rid of Ballard to because his ypc and total yards is worse then Browns, we have been over this several times now

True but Ballard is a rookie only two games in but his ypc are low, heck in that case lets let Carter go to...

True but Ballard is a rookie only two games in but his ypc are low, heck in that case lets let Carter go to...

I been watching the All-22 Coaching Film offered by NFL Rewind and it shows an over head view of each play as well as the play from behind the Offense and defense and the holes just havent been there consistently but when they have Brown and Ballard have both found them. several missed blocks, some by Essex one by Castonzo I specifically remember the play(vs the Vikings in the first quarter) called for Castonzo to pull out and he whiffed on number 52 (forget who that is and hard to tell as Im watching it as well) Donald read it perfectly fine and Castonzo was faked out to the left by #52 which caused Castonzo to whiff and fall right in front of Donald and #52 tackled him, horrible blocking and lack of discipline on Castonzos part on that play

um...no...

Look I have been having this talk on this topic for a while now and the truth is, yes we have issues on the O-line but we have not had these issues for the past 4 years, sense 2009 please anyone what has Brown done....I'll wait..... Last year really was the first year Brown didnt have injury issues. Brown is a good blocker and is good in space as a speed back. But is not that 3rd down move the chains back. Oh and Berry Sanders for a few of those years didnt have all that good of a line either surprise surprise. Only someone who doesn't know much about football would make that comment. Time to change the milk

Brown was projected by many to be the 2nd or 3rd running back taken in 2009 and had one heck of a college career including 18 touchdowns in 2008, 267 yards in 1 game and 2083 yards in 2008, I dont see him as worthless, if anything is worthless (as starters in the NFL) then its the entire right side of our O Line

I would agree but i would go a little further and say its the entire side of the line from castanzo over. He is the only top tier lineman we have.

Look I have been having this talk on this topic for a while now and the truth is, yes we have issues on the O-line but we have not had these issues for the past 4 years, sense 2009 please anyone what has Brown done....I'll wait..... Last year really was the first year Brown didnt have injury issues. Brown is a good blocker and is good in space as a speed back. But is not that 3rd down move the chains back. Oh and Berry Sanders for a few of those years didnt have all that good of a line either surprise surprise. Only someone who doesn't know much about football would make that comment. Time to change the milk

If you would have taken the time, and actually see what I quoted..I was saying that about "they'd be saying Barry Sanders would be a bust if he played behind our O-Line.(look carefully at the bold italicized and underlined comment in the quote. I said nothing bad about Brown, and have never posted anything bad about Brown. Time for you to take off the rose colored glasses, or maybe, in fact, get a stronger prescription.

And, Barry Sanders for many years had jut as bad or worse line that the Colts have right now, yet he was never considered a bust. That was what my comment was all about.

I been watching the All-22 Coaching Film offered by NFL Rewind and it shows an over head view of each play as well as the play from behind the Offense and defense and the holes just havent been there consistently but when they have Brown and Ballard have both found them. several missed blocks, some by Essex one by Castonzo I specifically remember the play(vs the Vikings in the first quarter) called for Castonzo to pull out and he whiffed on number 52 (forget who that is and hard to tell as Im watching it as well) Donald read it perfectly fine and Castonzo was faked out to the left by #52 which caused Castonzo to whiff and fall right in front of Donald and #52 tackled him, horrible blocking and lack of discipline on Castonzos part on that play

I get what your saying but once again this is Castonzo's 2nd year and he is the only real sure thing on the line nor do I expect all pro play out of Essex being with us only a few days, but you said it Castonzo missed the block and Brown goes down all I'm saying is I would love to see a back on this team were one defender or one hit just wont do it, someone that can take that first hit and stay upright and produce that YAC yard after contact remember Brown has been on this team for 4 years, Castonzo is in year 2 and Essex hasn't been on the team a full month. As the season continues the line will get better but my question is will the running backs. What I do know is we have 4 years of tape on Brown and as a first round pick I have yet to see true consistency out of Brown or a season that justified that first round pick if anyone on here remembers that season please tell me I'll wait!!!

If you would have taken the time, and actually see what I quoted..I was saying that about "they'd be saying Barry Sanders would be a bust if he played behind our O-Line.(look carefully at the bold italicized and underlined comment in the quote. I said nothing bad about Brown, and have never posted anything bad about Brown. Time for you to take off the rose colored glasses, or maybe, in fact, get a stronger prescription.

And, Barry Sanders for many years had jut as bad or worse line that the Colts have right now, yet he was never considered a bust. That was what my comment was all about.

Your words: Absolutely true. Anyone who dumps on Brown doesn't know a thing about footlball. Yeah Buddy my eyes work just fine and I read everything I needed to as for your remarks. I am that guy who would dump Brown. YOU should read before writing and yes we do have o-line issues but stop looking at this as a fan of Brown and look at what Brown has down over the years heck watch some old tape or you know what thats ok you'll mess that up too but hey we know who has the bad prescription now

I get what your saying but once again this is Castonzo's 2nd year and he is the only real sure thing on the line nor do I expect all pro play out of Essex being with us only a few days, but you said it Castonzo missed the block and Brown goes down all I'm saying is I would love to see a back on this team were one defender or one hit just wont do it, someone that can take that first hit and stay upright and produce that YAC yard after contact remember Brown has been on this team for 4 years, Castonzo is in year 2 and Essex hasn't been on the team a full month. As the season continues the line will get better but my question is will the running backs. What I do know is we have 4 years of tape on Brown and as a first round pick I have yet to see true consistency out of Brown or a season that justified that first round pick if anyone on here remembers that season please tell me I'll wait!!!

you expect him to make in impact averaging 8 carries a game over his career starts(42)? he has not been injured that I recall either thats been Addai but for what its worth he is averaging more ypc then Edge did in his career to this point and I think brown is one of those Backs that only gets better as he gets more carries behind a solid O Line, were obviously on two different sides of the fence on this one and thats fine but the proof is in the film and the film says inconsistent and awful blocking but I will ask ya this, do you think Chris Johnsons sub par year last year was because he is not a good Back? heck I can make a case he has had two off years in a row compared to the season he had in 2009 of 2006 yards rushing, do you think he hasn't had any great or real good years since then because he is no good? why do you think Johnson has 19 carries for 21 yards this year?

you expect him to make in impact averaging 8 carries a game over his career starts(42)? he has not been injured that I recall either thats been Addai but for what its worth he is averaging more ypc then Edge did in his career to this point and I think brown is one of those Backs that only gets better as he gets more carries behind a solid O Line, were obviously on two different sides of the fence on this one and thats fine but the proof is in the film and the film says inconsistent and awful blocking but I will ask ya this, do you think Chris Johnsons sub par year last year was because he is not a good Back? heck I can make a case he has had two off years in a row compared to the season he had in 2009 of 2006 yards rushing, do you think he hasn't had any great or real good years since then because he is no good?

CJ2K is a good back he had a good year in 2010 and I think last year 2011 was due to him holding out for a new contract, so far this year its been poor blocking, Johnson has speed power and vision but before you throw that comment back at me the Colts have not had this poor of a o-line for four years. With Johnson his o-line can miss a block and Johnson is still a threat to take it to the house, with brown its a diff story and unless something changes in 2012 Brown wont be our starter next year and yes a lot of the blame goes to the o-line but that wont be the case next year why do you truly think Pagano came out in the offseason and said he thinks Brown is a every down back, because thats what he really thinks no, that was a tool to try and motivate Brown....Brown was a beast in college but not in the NFL i'm not saying Brown is a bust he has good hands out of the backfield, good blocker and good speed but I just dont think he is a legitimate NFL starter.

Here are a few names of good back that are all better then Brown maybe this will help some who dont understand why I dont think Brown is NOT the answer for us come next year and this is not in order, and I'll say it now my own expectataions may just be to high for the type of back that I would love to see the Colts have on the roster.

1. LeGarrette Blount

2. Ahmad Bradshaw

3.Michael Bush

4.Reggie Bush

5.Matt Forte

6. Arian Foster

7.Frank Gore

8.Peyton Hillis

9.Steven Jackson

10.Chris Johnson

11.Maurice Jones-Drew

12.Marshawn Lynch

13.Brandon Jacobs

14.Lesean McCoy

15.Darren McFadden

16.Rashard Mendenhall

17.Willis McGahee

18.Adrian Peterson

19.Ray Rice

20.Trent Richardson

21.CJ Spiller

22.Darren Sproles

23.Ben Tate

24.Mike Tolbert

25.Michael Turner

These are NFL starters.....

Your words: Absolutely true. Anyone who dumps on Brown doesn't know a thing about footlball. Yeah Buddy my eyes work just fine and I read everything I needed to as for your remarks. I am that guy who would dump Brown. YOU should read before writing and yes we do have o-line issues but stop looking at this as a fan of Brown and look at what Brown has down over the years heck watch some old tape or you know what thats ok you'll mess that up too but hey we know who has the bad prescription now

Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I wasn't commenting either way about Brown...I was making a comment on the part of that previous post about saying that Barry Sanders would be considered a bust behind the Colts O-Line. You are the one saying that I'm a Brown supporter, that I don't know football, and that I'm disagreeing with you. I'm really sorry you feel that way..

Its not worth getting into anymore...Have a nice day..

I fully agree with you but you know what the VERY sad thing is?

People are on here saying they would never do that trade if they were the colts. :facepalm:

So people who know what they are talking about "sad" to you?

Understand the game. Understand where the priorities are for teams. Understand he value of draft picks. I give you Andre Brown as evidence. He is the Giants RB who had a great game on Thursday night. An off the street RB who ran for over a hundred yards. Why would any team give up a commodity like a draft pick for a player who plays a position that can be filled by an off the street free agent?

Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I wasn't commenting either way about Brown...I was making a comment on the part of that previous post about saying that Barry Sanders would be considered a bust behind the Colts O-Line. You are the one saying that I'm a Brown supporter, that I don't know football, and that I'm disagreeing with you. I'm really sorry you feel that way..

Its not worth getting into anymore...Have a nice day..

Interesting....I made the same kind of quote below concerning the great Water Peyton. To me it looks like the debate with Indyboy757....you guys both agree quite a bit here. I think you both made good points on our OL, Donald Brown, and one of my favorite slashers of all time Barry Sanders. I enjoyed the read guys!!! I have my cup of coffee and am now ready for my weekend fix of football...... :)

So people who know what they are talking about "sad" to you?

Understand the game. Understand where the priorities are for teams. Understand he value of draft picks. I give you Andre Brown as evidence. He is the Giants RB who had a great game on Thursday night. An off the street RB who ran for over a hundred yards. Why would any team give up a commodity like a draft pick for a player who plays a position that can be filled by an off the street free agent?

I have seen you make some good educated posts on here but C'MON MAN!!!!!! This is your worst argument ever.

There are UDFA that have filled in at every position. For every UDFA RB that you name who has become a starter, I can name 10 who were cut and never played a down. If we don't trade for McFadden then there is a VERY high chance we spend a draft pick in rnd 4 or earlier on a RB in the next 2 years. We have lots of holes to fill and if we could use our 4th rnd pick to get our franchise RB, then I'm all for it.

So yes, I think it is sad and should be a little embarassing for you that you think a 4th rnd pick for McFadden is a bad trade for us....

Our 4th rnd picks the last 10 years:

2012 - None

2011- Delone Carter

2010 - Jacques McClendon

2009 - Austin Collie

Terrence Taylor

2008 - Jacob Tamme

2007 - Brannon Condren

Clint Session

2006 - None

2005 - Dylan Gandy

Matt Giordano

2004 - Kendell Pope

Jason David

2003 - Steve Sciullo

There are some star players to come from the 4th rnd but they are the exception and not the rule. If Oakland would trade us McFadden for a 4th and Brown then we would be ripping them off.

I have seen you make some good educated posts on here but C'MON MAN!!!!!! This is your worst argument ever.

There are UDFA that have filled in at every position. For every UDFA RB that you name who has become a starter, I can name 10 who were cut and never played a down. If we don't trade for McFadden then there is a VERY high chance we spend a draft pick in rnd 4 or earlier on a RB in the next 2 years. We have lots of holes to fill and if we could use our 4th rnd pick to get our franchise RB, then I'm all for it.

So yes, I think it is sad and should be a little embarassing for you that you think a 4th rnd pick for McFadden is a bad trade for us....

Grab yourself a freaking clue. Running backs have become a dime a dozen. Their value is not near what it used to be. Teams base their priorities around the QB, protecting the QB, rushing the QB, and covering the QB's targets. That is today's NFL. Trading a RB for another RB with a draft pick on top of that would be incomprehensibly stupid when the anyone with half an ounce of football IQ can see that o'line is the freaking issue. On top of all that compelling evidence, there still remains the fact that they have someone in Ballard who looks to be a player. So this fantasy trade would be remarkably bad for Indy.

When you have better argument - come on back.

I'd like to know what people really expect from a guy thats gotten an average of 8.7 career carries per game for his career (Brown) common football knowledge would tell you thats barely any carries to do anything with also you have to take into consideration he is running behind 3/5 of a new O Line also a new blocking scheme

Yes we have we haven't been good at run blocking since 2007. So it's been an issue for five seasons now. I am not going to argue brown is the best back in the NFL or anything like that but over the past five years we have had nothing short of at least six different backs I can think of off the top of my head and none of them have been able to run the ball well for a sustained period of time over that time. The problem clearly goes beyond who the back is.

Thinks for the scouting reports, but Im not interested in that or stats of YPC but you are right it is the line and I want to like Brown I just want to see him on 1st down aswell as 3rd downs up his game but its clear until we address the line I wont get my wish.......

Grab yourself a freaking clue. Running backs have become a dime a dozen. Their value is not near what it used to be. Teams base their priorities around the QB, protecting the QB, rushing the QB, and covering the QB's targets. That is today's NFL. Trading a RB for another RB with a draft pick on top of that would be incomprehensibly stupid when the anyone with half an ounce of football IQ can see that o'line is the freaking issue. On top of all that compelling evidence, there still remains the fact that they have someone in Ballard who looks to be a player. So this fantasy trade would be remarkably bad for Indy.

When you have better argument - come on back.

RBs like Brown are a dime a dozen. RBs like McFadden do not fall to the 4th rnd. If you think we can get a RB at McFadden's level after rnd 4 then you are freakin crazy. I never argued against the OLine being the problem but like a i stated b4, we need a franchise RB also. This trade would fill a need at the expense of a 4th rnd pick. What do you expect us to get with our 4th rnd pick? certainly not a starting OLineman you say we need more than RB... as i showed you b4, our last 10 years of 4th rnd pick have not been impressive. Never have we drafted anything close to the superstar McFadden is in the 4th rnd. If you do not see my point yet then I give up on you.

I'd be mad because we just drafted a running back in this past draft, we need to improve our O Line with high draft picks instead of drafting them in the middle to late rounds or going to get some second or third rate O Linemen in Free Agency(which we supposedly did do to lack of cap space), Take a look at the Free Agency O Linemen list as it stands now and tell me we would really improve our O Line with any one of those guys BUT when you do, dont say Jake Long or Ryan Clady neither will hit the open market http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/