Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Rison

Manning2Wayne

how do the colts fans feel about this colts draftee- after 1 season- being traded for Number 1 pick from the atlanta falcons

NFL career with 743 receptions for 10,205 yards and 84 touchdowns, along with 8 kickoff returns for 150 yards and 9 carries for 23 yards

colts drafted jeff george- indy native, who than was shipped off to atl-

im just curious, are most fans okay with the these two transactions that took place,

I would have loved to have Rison, for man than 1 season in a colts uni-

Guest BlueShoe

how do the colts fans feel about this colts draftee- after 1 season- being traded for Number 1 pick from the atlanta falcons

NFL career with 743 receptions for 10,205 yards and 84 touchdowns, along with 8 kickoff returns for 150 yards and 9 carries for 23 yards

colts drafted jeff george- indy native, who than was shipped off to atl-

im just curious, are most fans okay with the these two transactions that took place,

I would have loved to have Rison, for man than 1 season in a colts uni-

That trade was one of the biggest mistakes we have ever made in Indy. It wasn't fair to George either.

Guest BlueShoe

The only blunder that could trump it? Trading the house to get Luck so he can sit for 4 years as we waste the remainder of Manning's career.

I agree.

That Fredd Young trade was up there with it too.

Guest BlueShoe

Not exactly the best front office back in the day... We are lucky Jim Irsay is smart enough to know he needs a guy like Polian.

Jim Irsay knew he had to fire himself. ;)

Bill Tobin did a fantastic job as well before Polian took over.

I would have liked to have seen what would have happened if we'd have kept him, but then again who knows if he'd have had the same success here as he did in Atlanta. Remember that for a while when he was in Atlanta they were running the Run and shoot offense, a very pass happy offense. I'm not saying he couldn't have been as good here as he was there but he may not have wound up with near the stats if he'd have stayed here.

Guest BlueShoe

awesome, so most people who responded, feels it was a big mistake

was this jeff george any good

im just thinking if we had rison and harrison with manning

yikes

George was the most physically gifted pure passer that I have ever seen. He was just put into a really bad spot. Coach Meyer never really took him under his wings and there was too much expected from day 1. Jeff was a cocky guy who rubbed people the wrong way and he had no one to look up to that was willing to teach him any differently. George could have been a great quarterback had he had the opportunity to be a study of the game for a few years under someone as dedicated to the game as Peyton is.