Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 2 Colts Draft

First, in free agency, we sign WR Mike Wallace to a deal worth about 5 years, 45 mil. I think thats a fair and good deal for us. We now have a #1 WR post Reggie Wayne. Luck now has some tremendous weapons in WRs Wayne, Wallace, Hilton, and Avery, as well as TEs Fleener and Allen. We may also bring in some depth at DL like a veteran NT to share time with Josh Chapman. Do that and we have a very good free agency period.

1st round (9th overall)

-Indy trades down into the late teens and gets a 2nd rounder back in the deal.

-Indy selects OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

-Great pick and value for the OL to hopefully finally give us a running game! Luck also loves this pick getting a big nasty to protect him.

2nd(via trade)- SS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas (Gives us a very good safety tandem in Bethea/Vaccaro. Zbikowski is simply a backup and is better at FS, so we need a SS for the future, and this pick makes our secondary that much better.)

3rd round- RT Alex Hurst, LSU (Gives us a very good RT and a good combo of OTs. If Ijalana can come back from his injury to be our other OG opposite Warmack, LOOK OUT for this OL! Even keeping Reitz will give us a very good backup at either OG or RT. I really like our OL now. )

4th round- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington (You can never have enough cornerbacks. Could easily be our nickel starter. )

Let me know what ya think!

First, in free agency, we sign WR Mike Wallace to a deal worth about 5 years, 45 mil. I think thats a fair and good deal for us. We now have a #1 WR post Reggie Wayne. Luck now has some tremendous weapons in WRs Wayne, Wallace, Hilton, and Avery, as well as TEs Fleener and Allen. We may also bring in some depth at DL like a veteran NT to share time with Josh Chapman. Do that and we have a very good free agency period.

1st round (9th overall)

-Indy trades down into the late teens and gets a 2nd rounder back in the deal.

-Indy selects OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

-Great pick and value for the OL to hopefully finally give us a running game! Luck also loves this pick getting a big nasty to protect him.

2nd(via trade)- SS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas (Gives us a very good safety tandem in Bethea/Vaccaro. Zbikowski is simply a backup and is better at FS, so we need a SS for the future, and this pick makes our secondary that much better.)

3rd round- RT Alex Hurst, LSU (Gives us a very good RT and a good combo of OTs. If Ijalana can come back from his injury to be our other OG opposite Warmack, LOOK OUT for this OL! Even keeping Reitz will give us a very good backup at either OG or RT. I really like our OL now. )

4th round- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington (You can never have enough cornerbacks. Could easily be our nickel starter. )

Let me know what ya think!

Wallace probably will not sign for that.

Steelers offered 5 years 50 million and he turned that down. He want 11+ million per year.

we don't need rookies to protect luck, they take a couple of years to develop we can get veteran o-line in free agency.the players ive been impressed with the most is star loutulelei nt utah, keenan allen wr cal, and eric reid ss lsu. star reminds me of ngata, very physical and athletic for a big guy. keenan has the talent, size and speed to be the next andre johnson and many scouts have compared eric reid to sean taylor. i'll be satisfied if we can get any of these 3 guys.

I think Mike Wallace is really good. I'm just not sure he's a legit #1. And I hate paying someone as if they're a #1 when they're not. In short, I really, really dislike overpaying!

I know he wants serious money. I was not aware the Steelers offered him 5/50. If that's true, then I'm guessing he's not coming here for 5/45. Hey, call me crazy!

I will take a rookie RG or RT who is projected to be a stud RG and RT over some journeyman O Lineman whos got the experience but not the talent, experience isn't everything if you know how to get the job done but dont have the physical tools to do the job then there is no point in signing them, we have Vet O Linemen that Im sure can teach (even if most of them cant do whats asked of them themselves)

Faith and development I believe we could contend as early as next year welker hands down best wide receiver consistently catching balls within ten yards. Everything I have ever watched on luck shows him exceling in quick pitch and catch sinarios with yac stats. Potentially very great combination in my opinion..